Final 53 Man Roster Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final 53 Man Roster Predictions

I have finals week coming up and I am bored right now from studying for my 4PM final tomorrow, so I just decided to make this. Let's see some predictions!

QB: Tom Brady, Kevin O'Connell, Matt Gutierrez
    RB: Laurence Maroney, Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, BenJarvus Green-Ellis
    WR: Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Joey Galloway, Brandon Tate, Greg Lewis, Matt Slater
    TE: Ben Watson, Alex Smith, Chris Baker, David Thomas (FB/TE)
    OT: Matt Light, Nick Kaczur, Sebastian Vollmer
    OG: Logan Mankins, Steve Neal, Russ Hochstein, Rich Ohrnerberger
    C: Dan Koppen, Al Johnson

DE: Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Jarvis Green, LeKevin Smith
    NT: Vince Wilfork, Ron Brace, Mike Wright
    OLB: Adailus Thomas, Pierre Woods, Shawn Crable, Tully Banta-Cain
    ILB: Jerod Mayo, Tedy Bruschi, Tyrone McKenzie, Gary Guyton
    CB: Shawn Springs, Leigh Bodden, Darius Butler, Jonathan Wilhite, Terrance Wheatley
    S: Brandon Meriweather, Patrick Chung, James Sanders

K: Stephen Gostkowski
    P: Chris Hanson
    LS: Jacob Ingram

Notable Omissions (Possible PS Guys): QB Brian Hoyer, WR Sam Aiken, WR Julian Edelman, OL Ryan O'Callaghan, OL Wesley Britt, OL George Bussey, OL Jermail Porter, OL Mark Levoir, DL Titus Adams, DL Myron Pryor, DL Darryl Richard, LB Vince Redd, LB Eric Alexander, LB Antonio Appelby, DB Tank Williams, DB Mike Richardson, DB Marcus McClinton, DB Ray Ventrone

The last cut for me came down to Tank Williams vs, BJGE, and I had Tank go. Those guys that got cut all have PS potential.

I think you're close. Obviously injuries will unfortunately change things a bit.

I would make two changes immediately. One is Tank Williams over BJGE. He will be a key player in our sub packages. The PATS offense will be clicking and teams will have to throw against us, so three S packages will be key and Williams will play ILB in some packages as well. The other is O'Callaghan over Tate. Tate will be on the PUP/IR list. They will do this so it will give some of the newcomers a chance to get up to speed before they take over for some of the Vets and move from the practice squad.

I'm not sure TBC will beat out Redd. LeKevin Smith might also be the one to lose out.

4 TE's is the only glaring thing number wise which stands out as a question.

Good job. It's fun doing this isn't it?

Comment

I never got the excitement over Tank Williams. Vince Redd is more likely to make the team. Doubt they go in with 4 TEs. They need Eric Alexander out there on ST.

You know, 100% for sure, that all those rookies that aren't likely to contribute this year and wouldn't last on the PS are going to end up on IR, so you might as well just stick them there now.

Comment

I can't see Vince Redd not making the team. It's an extremely small sample size, but he looked good in spot duty last year. He'll be IR'ed or PUP'ed with some shotty injury if doesn't, because there's no way in hell someone wouldn't snap him up if he ended up on the practice squad.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I would want nothing more than for Redd to make it over TBC, but I could see Tully getting the nod over Redd because the staff likes Tully. If Redd improved a lot over the offseason and knows the system, he could be a real player for us next season. He is very big with scary athleticism, we need a pass rusher like him to step up if we want to win it all this year.

byhg, I gave us 4 TE's because we really don't have a FB on the roster. Word is David Thomas will be seeing snaps there.

Comment

Have we signed Rodney back yet? I haven't heard/read anything anywhere, and I really doubt that he comes back, I think he is just too old and beat up to do it.
            Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

All I heard/read was that he's still deciding what to do.
              Whether to retire or come back for another season.
              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Rodney is pretty much done on the field, but I would LOVE to have him involved with the team in one way or another. I know he wanted to get into refereeing, but if we could retain him as an assistant coach (DB or special teams) I think he would be great. He would bring that relative youth, fire, and enthusiasm that helps connect with younger players and bring out their best since they would be comfortable with him.

Even if Rodney is still on the roster he could be a valuable mentor, he is just a guy we should really try to keep around the organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                  I would want nothing more than for Redd to make it over TBC, but I could see Tully getting the nod over Redd because the staff likes Tully. If Redd improved a lot over the offseason and knows the system, he could be a real player for us next season. He is very big with scary athleticism, we need a pass rusher like him to step up if we want to win it all this year.

byhg, I gave us 4 TE's because we really don't have a FB on the roster. Word is David Thomas will be seeing snaps there.
                  If Thomas can blocak in open space and on the move I can see it. Otherwise I'd rather see Hochstein there. TCB can play on special teams and rush the passer. If Redd can do those things and has more upside then they will keep him IMHO. I think they are real high on Crable who made huge jumps at the end of his college career.

I think BB took a step back in trading Vrabel because he felt that he'd be taking two steps forward down the road by keeping the young guys.

I forgot to mention...I think you'll have to add Jason Taylor. Just my opinion. I've thought this since the moment I found out he had been cut. Who's place does he take? I love this talk!

Comment

Not sure they keep 4 TEs, Thomas may go.

I think Bruschi retires, he's what, 36? He looked very slow last year.

Redd I don't think gets cut. Can he even be on the PS or did he play too much last year?

Comment

**** Tyrone Mckenzie is done for the season

I'm a sad panda now :(

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

So Redd or Appleby must step up. Alexander as a long shot, unless he makes it based on ST prowess.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Guyton has a real good shot of starting for us now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Something like this: (I predict Watson gets traded and we re-sign Harrison)

QB - Brady, O'Connell, Hoyer
                            RB - Maroney, Taylor, Morris, Faulk
                            WR - Moss, Welker, Galloway, Tate, Lewis, Edelman
                            TE - A. Smith, Baker
                            OT - Light, Kaczur, Vollmer, O'Callaghan
                            OG - Mankins, Neal, Hochstein, Ohrnberger
                            C - Koppen, Johnson

DE - Seymour, Warren, Green, Wright
                            NT - Wilfork, Brace, Pryor
                            OLB - Thomas, Woods, Crable, Banta-Cain, Redd
                            ILB - Mayo, Bruschi, Guyton, Alexander
                            CB - Springs, Bodden, Wheatley, Wilhite, Butler
                            S - Meriweather, Chung, Sanders, Harrison

K - Gostkowski
                            P - Hanson
                            LS - Ingram

Comment

The list looks good but just a few things:

-I think David Thomas will stay since we don't have a FB and he is getting reps there. I'm not a huge fan of his, he hasn't done much since his rookie year, but we don't have a fullback and I think he could be servicable as a TE/FB/H-Back type. He isn't the biggest guy and he makes some mistakes, but he is tough and is a willing blocker despite his size. He could be a solid blocker out of the backfield in my opinion.

-With the Alex Smith addition, I would not be suprised to see Watson moved either. He is a FA next year if I remember correctly.

-We are going to need at least one of Aiken/Slater to be on the roster for special teams, but I don't know what Aiken's deal is. We haven't seen much of Edelman, but I would have to give the edge to Slater over Aiken and Edelman because of his versatility and special teams ability. He made some mistakes as a rookie but don't write him off yet; he seems like a great fit here because of his willingness to play wherever the coaches want him whether it be offense, defense, or on any special teams unit.

-If it comes down to Gutierrez vs. Hoyer it will be a tough battle for the third QB spot, but I would give Gutierrez the edge because he has more tools and a season with us under his belt.

-The staff like Mike Richardson I think, he is a good special teamer and could play corner for us. It is a numbers game though and we have some depth at corner now.

-I would be happy if Rodney comes mostly because of his leadership, I just don't know how much he has left in the tank. He had a pretty bad injury last year that some saw as career ending and it's tough to recover from that at his age.

-If BJGE gets cut I hope we keep him on the practice squad because he would be a great short yardgae back for us, especailly if you consider how fragile all the backs on our roster are.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information