No announcement yet.

2009 & 2010 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh...the only two that get me excited are Hardy and Griffen.

Comment

With Hardy's injury, we could have a legit shot at him. This injury in conjunction with the leg scares me, but when he's on the field you know it. Could be some safer picks out there though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

So I have a name that's absolutely perfect as far as second round right tackles go; Trent Williams. If Anthony Davis and one of Bryan Bulaga or Bruce Campbell declare, he's probably out of the first round mix entirely. He's proved this year that he's not a left tackle at any level, but he's an athletic guy who is completely comfortable and projects fine to the right side of the line. Exactly what we need. If he were to be around for one of our second round picks, it would be a sexy pick.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I think I'd be OK with that one. As a second rounder, they'd have him locked up for 4 years on the cheap side. Plenty of time to figure out the Light/Kazcur situation.

I'm pretty interested to see if Koppen doesn't play this week. I'm almost looking forward to Connelly starting so we can see what we've got there. Depending on Bussey (who I really liked at G coming out of Louisville) and Ohrnberger, the Pats might not have any interior OL needs at all if Connelly can get the job done at C.

I think the Pats will keep going for a veteran cast-off for their short yardage RB, but I wouldn't mind them drafting CJ Spiller or Noel Devine in the first (what I'd like to see them do either way) and Toby Gerhart in the late second (or a little later)...

Comment

My biggest question is how much impact will the 3-4 to 4-3 switch have on our drafting?

If we truly are pushing towards more of a 4-3 base, will the draft reflect that? And if it does, how will that affect the prospects we may target?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

I kind of want a guard in the 2nd round. Iupati like.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_ot88 View Post
                I kind of want a guard in the 2nd round. Iupati like.
                I like Iupati, he is a talented dude. Any time you have an OL prospect who is an athletic guy with size and that mauler attitude in the run game (Mankins, Neal 5 years ago), he has a good shot of working out. Possibly my favorite line prospect in the country for us is Ohio St. center Mike Brewster. He has good size, is athletic, has a mean streak, and offers some versatility if we want to move him around. He is only a sophmore and has been a center there the whole time, but he arrived as a tackle and has the ability to just be a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                  My biggest question is how much impact will the 3-4 to 4-3 switch have on our drafting?

If we truly are pushing towards more of a 4-3 base, will the draft reflect that? And if it does, how will that affect the prospects we may target?
                  They'll always be a 3-4 base. It gives them far more versatility. It won't affect anything, anyway. They need the same types of players for either package.

Comment

Hughes and Kindle are my favorites. A 34 DE and ILB would solify this D for years
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

How would use guys feel about McCluster in the second or third round? It was brought up in the thread about him in the Draft thread. We need another weapon on offense and I think he could be a real nice potential replacement for Faulk, he is a receiver but Ole Miss uses him at RB and he had almost 300 rushing yards with 4 TD's today.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        How would use guys feel about McCluster in the second or third round? It was brought up in the thread about him in the Draft thread. We need another weapon on offense and I think he could be a real nice potential replacement for Faulk, he is a receiver but Ole Miss uses him at RB and he had almost 300 rushing yards with 4 TD's today.
                        Don't like McCluster. His game doesn't translate cleanly and while he's exciting, he'll kill you sometimes as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Pats draft great people every year and i know the this will be another year that they will grab some great players.

Comment

Barring them trading down a half dozen times in the first two rounds my top 4 picks would be:

Jerry Hughes
                            Brandon Graham
                            Kris Odowd
                            Toby Gerhart

Comment

If I could have 5 (reasonable, I'd say) players:
                              1. Rolando McClain ILB
                              2a. Jermaine Gresham TE/Red Zone Threat
                              2b. Sergio Kindle OLB (or Ricky Sapp, although I think he plays girly at times)
                              2c. Toby Gerhardt RB/FB
                              4. Alex Carrington 34 DE
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                                If I could have 5 (reasonable, I'd say) players:
                                1. Rolando McClain ILB
                                2a. Jermaine Gresham TE/Red Zone Threat
                                2b. Sergio Kindle OLB (or Ricky Sapp, although I think he plays girly at times)
                                2c. Toby Gerhardt RB/FB
                                4. Alex Carrington 34 DE
                                If we ended up with McClain, Gresham, Kindle, and Gerhart that would be absolutely perfect. I don't know much about Carrington but we need an end thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information