2009 Playoffs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Playoffs!

Alright y'all. It's been a crazy season from draft day forward.

Trade down, pass, trade down pass . . .

Big names going bye-bye . . . Seymour, Bru, Vrabs, Harrison, Hobbs, et. al . . .

But here we are sitting tight for a week while preparing for a home game vs. Baltimore.

Some thoughts on our chances at a run?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

The only AFC team in the playoffs with any semblance of a good pass defense is the Jets, imo. They play solid run & pass D but their offense is not looking strong enough to win against a high scoring team.

The rest of the teams are beatable, especially with the long ball. Which will be our best weapon with Wes out.

Our 11th ranked D needs to prove they deserve such high rankings among their NFL brethren or we could be an easy out even for the Ravens.

Comment

We will need a lot out of Moss and the ground game, thats for sure. Welker is good for 10 catches and 100 yards with big first downs every game, the running game will need to pick up the slack. I want to see a lot of Sammy Morris and Faulk, K Faulk and Edelman will be handling most of the short stuff that Welker does. Does his injury suck? Yes, but it hardly spells the end for us.

The defense is going to have to play out of its mind.

Comment

I think were going to need to run the ball more, and work Faulk a bit from out of the backfield while letting Edelmen run some short routes. Moss is going to need to haul in some long balls, which the amount he has in recent weeks worries me. But to me, we can run the ball pretty well, and I think we need to really start doing it more to keep our defense off the field. Granted, we will be a totally different D with Wilfork and warren in, so some of what weve worried about the last few weeks may not be that big of a deal. I dont really care for our chances, too many questions, I trust BB and Brady, but im going in to the playoffs with little expectations.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Before Welker went down, I actually thought that this team was the best in AFC along with the Chargers. Now... I really don't know. I hope the team can rally now that they need it the most, but I'm not sure that the talent is there. With that being said, I never bet against BB and Brady in january. Their track record is just so damned good. I think Brady has only lost two playoff games, one of them SB XLII.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Nope, Brady has lost three, maybe four? Denver, Colts, Giants.

Originally posted by WMD
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

We played a close game earlier in the year and I see it being the same way exept I hope the Ravens win. We stop the run better than most so you probably won't run much. I do believe the draw play could catch us off gaurd because of how much you guys will spread us out. I am hoping Ray Rice eats your defense alive which would lead us to a good shot at a long ball. At the end of the day if we can't stop Moss we will lose.
              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
              Just let it go RWO.
              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                We played a close game earlier in the year and I see it being the same way exept I hope the Ravens win. We stop the run better than most so you probably won't run much. I do believe the draw play could catch us off gaurd because of how much you guys will spread us out. I am hoping Ray Rice eats your defense alive which would lead us to a good shot at a long ball. At the end of the day if we can't stop Moss we will lose.
                Our run game is going to look better with a rested Warren and Wilfork, containing Rice is most likely the one player were going to focus on to take out ( we usually find a teams weapon and focus on stopping it). I think were going to run alot of draws with Faulk with the blitzs that will be thrown our way, the big thing in my mind is are the Ravens going to defeat themselfs with the penalties, theyve looked very undisciplined in the few games ive watched with them.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                  Ooops, forgot about that Denver loss. But I'll always remember Ben Watson! :)

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                  I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Couple things that are going to be key;

Julian Edelman

Obvious one, but an he be this years Darren Sproles? We need him a major step up from him. Teams will be covering him differently. We've sort of broadcasted our intent about we plan to do to supplement the Welker loss. The Raven's know it. They've talked about it. They respect him as a target and will do their best to take him away. We'll probably hear his name a lot next week. Let's hope it's for the right reasons.

Tight End Play

Another big thing for us could be spreading the ball around more, possibly giving Baker and Watson more opportunities. Watson has at times looked GREAT this year, but other times isn't there and isn't tracking the ball/dropping passes. Can't have that against the Ravens or in any further games

Kevin Faulk
                    Another guy who needs to step it up is Kevin Faulk. He's been as good as he's ever been this year and he'll need to continue at that pace. For one reason or another, as a receiver he's always open. Let's hope that continues. 5+ catches out of him for some of those first downs Welker usually ends up with would be very nice.

Spreading the Ball
                    Fun fact; only 6 wide receivers have caught a pass for us all year and one of them is no longer with the team. All of them with the exception of Galloway should catch passes for us on Sunday.

That's just on the offensive side of the ball. That side probably represents the best chance for us to take the Ravens out though, so it's very important that we score on them. Obviously, we have to slow down Ray Rice both on the ground and as a target out of the backfield too. Can't let him run wild on his. Nor can we afford for McGahee to have a big game on us. We match up pretty well against them in the secondary, at least better than we do with most teams, but we need to be able to generate a little pressure all the same.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                      Just those 3.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0_playoffs.htm

Comment

How has the Ravens Defense been playing the last few weeks? I know they were struggling against the deep ball early in the season but haven't really kept an eye on them recently.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                          How has the Ravens Defense been playing the last few weeks? I know they were struggling against the deep ball early in the season but haven't really kept an eye on them recently.
                          We have actually been playing very good on defense. I am pretty sure we are #1 in run defense and our pass defense has been better. Since Webb is out for the year it might go back to what it was because we have Carr and Walker out there. I like this matchup. Even though the past 2 games we have played you guys the Pats won they were both very close games and as long as it is another close game we have a shot.
                          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                          Just let it go RWO.
                          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

You definitely have a shot. The Patriots are an average team this year, imo. They have not been great anywhere along the way, with the only exception being a totally downtrodden & banged up Titans team.

Advancing in the playoffs this year will take HOF worthy coaching and quarterbacking. So we have a shot, but the talent at LB and C/RG will probably be severly exposed in this one.

I forsee a hefty dose of Ngata in our backfield and a turtled Dan Koppen in his wake. Again. lol

Comment

don't forget about S. Aiken.
                              He's made some great catches this year- and dropped some easy ones at other times.
                              I like what I see in him though.

We'll have to run to set up the deep ball.
                              That means an early heavy dose of Maroney and Taylor
                              Note: If Maroney has a costly fumble in this game and we win I can see his role dwindling down to nothing

With Wilfork and Warren out recently- Pryor and Brace have got some PT and it'll only help in this playoff run
                              Last edited by Nalej; 01-05-2010, 06:03 PM.
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information