No announcement yet.

Post Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard good things about Crable lately. I put him on the depth chart, but I could really see him getting cut. This is it for him this year. No more second chances or "injuries" If he isn't ready to play for us now, he's done here.

Also, I really can't say enough about how this draft improves our mental toughness. When you've got a good locker room core, that's not something you really talk about to this extent, but we've lost that lately. We drafted players who were legitimate cogs in championship football teams. All of these guys know how to win and like to do it. I don't think the players we've brought in lately really get that. There were times last year where our we really gave up, mostly on defense. The playoff game last year sticks out. We really didn't fight back much after they went up early and then when we got some momentum it was too late.
    Last edited by ElectricEye; 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I really want to see what Crable can do. I was so pumped when we got him in the third round after getting Mayo in the first, I thought they were both going to be longtime starters. He is a very talented, he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. I heard he has bulked up quite a bit, I would be thrilled to see him get on the field. He really is key for us I believe, we were at our best when we had a lot of bodies at LB we could rotate in and out and having an athlete like Crable coming off the edge would be such a plus.

I really don't have any faith in Adalius anymore, but if he is on the roster when the season starts and he at least shows something that would be huge too. We have some talent at linebacker, there are just guys who can't stay healthy like Crable and guys who don't produce like Adalius. I don't want to give up on him yet but I don't know what I could possibly expect from him. He hasn't really showed anything since his first year here.

Comment

Check the discussion thread ;)

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Yup, nice timing right? What a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            I've heard good things about Crable lately. I put him on the depth chart, but I could really see him getting cut. This is it for him this year. No more second chances or "injuries" If he isn't ready to play for us now, he's done here.

Also, I really can't say enough about how this draft improves our mental toughness. When you've got a good locker room core, that's not something you really talk about to this extent, but we've lost that lately. We drafted players who were legitimate cogs in championship football teams. All of these guys know how to win and like to do it. I don't think the players we've brought in lately really get that. There were times last year where our we really gave up, mostly on defense. The playoff game last year sticks out. We really didn't fight back much after they went up early and then when we got some momentum it was too late.
            Totally on board with all of this. That is really the biggest reason I like the Spikes pick. The kid is more athletic version of Ted Johnson and that's fine by me. Hopefully he'll prove he can hold his own in some coverage and stay on the field. Spikes has major "steal" potential as a very late second round pick - especially if he can be the playmaker in the pros that he was in college. He should definitely bring back the attitude that our LB core has been missing.

Crable making a splash would really be awesome. The 3rd year is the make or break for the OLB converts so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Let's hope Thomas being cut is an indicator that BB thinks we at least have his replacement on the roster.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Yeah, hopefully Spikes works out. If he does, he has the ability to make the entire defense around him play better.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

The problem is still at five technique. I love the picks but I see nothing at end or wide receiver. Taylor price wasn't that good at the senior bowl. Good te picks in gkow and Hernandez. The ol needs a bit of a bump.

I think allow of the picks have potential to make the roster until the later half of the draft.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

I am willing to bet quite a bit that Arrington makes the roster this year. Kid was a fiend on special teams last year. He led the team in ST tackles, and only played in half of the games. I think Wheatley and/or Springs could be cut.
                  Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                    I am willing to bet quite a bit that Arrington makes the roster this year. Kid was a fiend on special teams last year. He led the team in ST tackles, and only played in half of the games. I think Wheatley and/or Springs could be cut.
                    Probably both. Springs didn't even look that great when he did play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

well we know the reason why hernandez fell to the fourth. apparently he has failed various drug tests. heard this on NESN.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Confirmed.
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?id=5138749

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information