No announcement yet.

2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Jordan is impressing TOO much I think. He looks like he could be a top five or ten pick right now. Nobody can block him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yeah I think Cam Jordan has played himself right out of our range, it sucks but holy **** are there some great DL prospects this year. We need to take advantage of that.

Comment

• yeah im gunna have to change my pats mock now. jordan is a beast

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Dont know much Acho... but Sheard would be sexy at the end of 2nd
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
            Yeah I think Cam Jordan has played himself right out of our range, it sucks but holy **** are there some great DL prospects this year. We need to take advantage of that.
            We really better. This is a garden of eden for five techniques.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Jordan is probably going to be gone so the choice might be Watt, Heyward or Kerrigan. Kerrigan to me seems unique so i'd probably try for the 3-4 end with the next two picks.

Comment

• It would be awfully hard to pass on Kerrigan if he were there. He's not going to run an exceptional 40 time, but his athleticism is even better than advertised. I could see us doing it for a linemen, but it would be hard.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I doubt Kerrigan lasts until the Patriots are picking, but he'd be a perfect pick at #17 if you ask me. I almost hope the Patriots wait on a DE and draft Wilkerson at some point, he seems great.

Comment

• I really hope we get Quinn/Kerigan/Smith at 17 and wait to get a guy like Wilkerson later, but I wouldnt be mad if Cameron Jordan somehow slipped.

Comment

• Kerrigan would be the perfect pick at 17 unless a guy like Jordan, Fairley, Dareus, Quinn, or Bowers somehow fell. Cam Heyward is getting pushed back with all of these guys rising and I'd bet he will be there at 17 if Kerrigan is gone, but there certainly will be at least one very good 5-tech prospect around at 33 and perhaps an "elite" one at 17.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        Kerrigan would be the perfect pick at 17 unless a guy like Jordan, Fairley, Dareus, Quinn, or Bowers somehow fell. Cam Heyward is getting pushed back with all of these guys rising and I'd bet he will be there at 17 if Kerrigan is gone, but there certainly will be at least one very good 5-tech prospect around at 33 and perhaps an "elite" one at 17.
                        Fairley, Bowers and Dareus wont be there but Quinn could be. Question is do you want to take a guy who has sat out a season or a pretty sure thing in Kerrigan. You didnt mention Watt and he would really put them in a pickle if he's there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          Question is do you want to take a guy who has sat out a season or a pretty sure thing in Kerrigan.
                          If the Patriots pass on Quinn, it won't be because he sat out a year. It will be because of why he had to sit out - something that shows a real lack of team dedication and wreaks of the wrong personality type for this team.

Kerrigan scares me as a guy who could come in and compete for a while, until people figure him out. I always wonder when over-achievers will fall on their face.

JJ Watt is a 6 Tech in my eyes after watching some stuff (6tech = 43 DE). I see a really good first step with solid pass rushing moves and a high motor. I'd definitely take him in the middle of the first if I am a 43 team.

edit: Right now, my top 5 5techs are:
                          Marcel Dareus
                          Cameron Jordan
                          Cameron Heyward
                          Christian Ballard
                          Allen Bailey (I guess...)
                          Last edited by descendency; 01-25-2011, 09:09 PM.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• If the Patriots pass on Quinn, I'd be ticked. I have been ticked in past drafts when BB passes on a guy I want and for the most part it works out quite alright, but I think clearly Quinn is the best at the 3-4 OLB position at the biggest area of need and if he is sitting there when BB is picking, and is passed on, I will seriously have to sit and think whether my idea of the team needs are off (likely) or BB doesn't have a clue (less likely).

I have had Quinn tabbed as the best 3-4 OLB for a while and a guy I have wanted the Pats to draft for a while, so if he is there at #17 or even needed to trade up for, I hope the Pats do it.

Comment

• I don't think Kerrigan is an overachiever at all. This isn't some scrappy lunch pail guy we're talking about. He's technically sound and in shape, but those are hardly marks against him. He has a chance to run 4.7 or high 4.6 at 255 and 6'4. That's not a below average athlete we're talking about. He straight up ran around Nate Solder once when Solder got off the line fine.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                                Dont know much Acho... but Sheard would be sexy at the end of 2nd
                                i was thinking acho for a while but he measured in small at 6'1 3/4..... might be too small for BB

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information