2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    He straight up ran around Nate Solder once when Solder got off the line fine.
    This is what bothers me. Day 1 he was able to get around Solder with some "ease". Day 2 Solder had a much better day against him.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
      This is what bothers me. Day 1 he was able to get around Solder with some "ease". Day 2 Solder had a much better day against him.
      He damn well should. He's a top fifteen pick in his own right. Kerrigan did not look bad or limited athletically at all at any point during drills. I would venture to say he was probably the best athlete and in the best shape out of all the defensive ends there even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Just a heads up; we're on Ahmad Black's nuts. If we do something like stupid like draft him in the first round, that's likely it for me guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• haha... you say that now... but once he has seven picks and makes the pro bowl as a rookie... you'll be fine and so will I.
          I'll admit though... I'll rip all my hair out if it happens though
          (I wouldn't mind it at all if we drafted him only AFTER we traded away a safety... Meriweather? ... first)
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
            haha... you say that now... but once he has seven picks and makes the pro bowl as a rookie... you'll be fine and so will I.
            I'll admit though... I'll rip all my hair out if it happens though
            (I wouldn't mind it at all if we drafted him only AFTER we traded away a safety... Meriweather? ... first)
            No!!! Lol I have a new dream draft. Trade Brandon Merriweather and #28 with St Louis and take Cameron Jordan. Draft Ryan Kerrigan with #17. Draft Mike Pouncey with #33 and Kris O'Dowd with #60. Then if Black's there in the 3rd, sure I wouldn't mind if we took him.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
              I think that's more of a commendation - or, rather, a non-condemnation of Solder. I would have had a serious problem with an OT that wouldn't make an adjustment after getting ripped like that. I think it's on the Prince of Blades to come back with something new the next time, though.

I wouldn't be against Black in the 2nd. I like him a lot and would play the Meriweather role well.
              Last edited by nepg; 01-26-2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                I think that's more of a commendation - or, rather, a non-condemnation of Solder. I would have had a serious problem with an OT that wouldn't make an adjustment after getting ripped like that. I think it's on the Prince of Blades to come back with something new the next time, though.
                He ran by him a few times this week and one time put one of the dirtier up and under moves you'll ever see. Kerrigan won the battle for sure, but not by a whole lot. If Solder got the initial punch it was over because he can mirror so well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• black would be a great addition to the team in the third round

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• In the third sure. But BB gets funny ideas with two things;

1: Defensive backs
                    2: Florida Gators

Expect overdrafting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      In the third sure. But BB gets funny ideas with two things;

1: Defensive backs
                      2: Florida Gators

Expect overdrafting.
                      Not complaining with either after the 2010 draft. And Black is a major talent who underachieved in 2009, but had a huge season in 2010. The dude is a legit 2nd round prospect.

The Patriots always 'overdraft' before the 4th round. That's how they get the guys they target. It's why they're better than most teams at building through the draft.

The team has so many picks, there's no way I can be upset with them using one to get a guy they really want even though the position he plays might not be perceived as a need. Because, looking at the team, they really don't have a lot of serious needs. I'm happy rolling with the front office if they think they need to do something about the safety position because, let's be honest, the safeties were pretty disappointing this year.

Comment

• Meh. Black is not going to be a full time starter at safety simply because of the injury issue. 5'9 183 just doesn't play well at safety. Pretty sure he can't play corner either. Not a very good guy in man coverage because of his lack of footspeed.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Could also just be the Pats checking out Black to get more information about other UF players as well as some other SEC offensive players.

Comment

• That too. But I will rage so hard if we take him before the late second. He's a playmaker with good ball skills....but will likely be limited to a nickelback.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Nickel back = starter in today's NFL with all the multiple reciever sets and predominance of passing. One thing this defense needs is a few playmakers. Our bend but don't break mentality relies on two things to be viable. 1) the other team cannot sustain multiple long drives due to their own inabilities. 2) we have a few guys who create turnovers. That is something we could use a little more of in my opinion. That and some big time talent up front, both sides of the ball.

Comment

• Yeah, I'd agree that they need someone capable of making a big play on the defensive end. When teams get in rhythm against this defense, they struggle. Having someone that's capable of coming in and making something happen to take the opposing offense down a notch would be huge.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information