No announcement yet.

2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard Hankerson talked with pats today.

Comment

• Leonard Hankerson talked with Pats today.

Comment

• Did he talk to them twice? lol
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I hope so. I'm watching the South practice right now and he's flashing all over the place.
          Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-26-2011, 11:19 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I think we can drop Kris O'Dowd from the Patriots wish list. He's been absolutely blown up this week. He's bad 1vs1. He wouldn't last against NTs in this league.

I am still really high on Marcus Gilbert. I think he's a starting RT in the NFL by no later than week 10.

Cameron Jordan definitely has gone out of the Patriots range now, unless they trade up.
            Last edited by descendency; 01-27-2011, 06:02 AM.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Gilbert is a guy that can be had at #60 or 74 and doesn't need to be drafted high. So that allows us to fill needs with our first 3 picks, and still get a starting RT and have VOllmer at LT, and be set for awhile.

Jordan may be going out of the Pats range, but Mike Mayock the best analyst around still has him going mid-late 1st even during practices. Obviously it's more top 10-20 but he still may slide to Pats you never know. Even if he doesn't. Robert Quinn -- Muhammed Wilkerson at #17 and #28 would be great.

Comment

• A Quinn and Wilkerson haul would have been ejaculating all over screen
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Shane said O'Dowd has played the best out of any of the centers in Mobile this week. Maybe that doesn't mean much, but take it for what it's worth.

Also, Brooks Reed is rapidly becoming my favorite prospect for us to draft that we won't this year.
                  Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-27-2011, 10:08 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I have been hearing O'Dowd is doing terrible. But I guess the best of the C's this week isn't a HUGE compliment, most of the better interior lineman this week are OG.

Comment

• Technically sound, looks bad anchoring is the word from Scott and Shane. That does sort of cross him off our wish list. The rule I personally set for a center is to only draft one if we're absolutely sure they're an upgrade over Koppen.

But yeah, I really hope the Patriots change their tune and take a look at Reed. He's going to be taken by a team that values athletic pass rushers much more and be an absolute stud though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• "Texas A&M LB Von Miller looks like the real deal in any scheme. Hes 6-2 , 237 right now but should be able to get over 250. Hes by far the best player here and Im sure Bill Belichick could find a way to make use of his great pass rush. From what Im hearing, the Patriots learned a little bit by passing on Matthews, who didnt quite fit what they were looking for at the time. Theyd probably be more willing to take a physical risk this year."

The bolded part is very interesting if true . . .

source

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I hope so. I'm not sure I would want Miller though. Give me Brooks Reed at the end of the first or start of the second over Miller .

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I would not be surprised at all to see us take Von Miller. He flat out knows how to get to the QB and our pass rush is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen, he may not be a typical Patriots OLB but he is an outstanding pass rusher and playmaker and that is what we need.

I'm on board for us taking Miller all the way.

Comment

• Problem is he likely won't be around when we pick. That would require trading up. Are we OK with that?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I doubt we would trade up, I just think we wouldn't pass him up if he somehow fell to us. If the price was right I would be willing to move up a little this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information