No announcement yet.

2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the general idea is what's most intriguing. The game is so much faster these days - I just don't that the size requirements at OLB need to be so stringent.

My guess is that this particular writer is jumping on the ole rumor train and there's no way BB deviates from his plan.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      "Texas A&M LB Von Miller looks like the real deal in any scheme. Hes 6-2 , 237 right now but should be able to get over 250. Hes by far the best player here and Im sure Bill Belichick could find a way to make use of his great pass rush. From what Im hearing, the Patriots learned a little bit by passing on Matthews, who didnt quite fit what they were looking for at the time. Theyd probably be more willing to take a physical risk this year."

The bolded part is very interesting if true . . .

source
      this is also coming from a guy who said ballard was taking reps at outside linebacker? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        Problem is he likely won't be around when we pick. That would require trading up. Are we OK with that?
        i was apart of the group who orginally didnt want miller. i think ive changed my mind.... by some accounts, he didnt look too bad in coverage this week. decent coverage plus insane pass rushing skills and speed is much needed on our defense. id trade up for him, along with quinn of course

Comment

• I would have an issue with trading up for Miller. But for Quinn, I'm okay with that
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Nalej, you might wanna change your 2nd round pick in your mock. After his performance this week, I dont think Love sniffs the second lol

Comment

• Love sucks balls. Looked poor this week and Heyward decimated him in the Bowl game.

I really don't want any part in Miller to be honest with you. I think the bust factor for him is really, really high. Well, maybe not...but I could very easily see him come to the NFL and just be another guy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                Love sucks balls. Looked poor this week and Heyward decimated him in the Bowl game.

I really don't want any part in Miller to be honest with you. I think the bust factor for him is really, really high. Well, maybe not...but I could very easily see him come to the NFL and just be another guy.
                Love looked really good at times this year, but I personally wouldn't touch him until the third. He has a ton of talent and has some versatility but he is inconsistent, sometimes he looks like the baddest man on the field and other times he will get manhandled.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                  I think the general idea is what's most intriguing. The game is so much faster these days - I just don't that the size requirements at OLB need to be so stringent.

My guess is that this particular writer is jumping on the ole rumor train and there's no way BB deviates from his plan.
                  This thought is dead on point!

Our coach has a reputation as an innovator. He has adapted as times have changed and the players and game with it. Our defense has become one that reacts more to what the opponent attempts to do and not one that attempts to dictate terms. While there are many great attributes to our philosophy of gameplanning weekly for each opponent we have run the same stuff for quite some time.

The game has changed, the players coming out of college have changed. It doesnt make a great deal of sense to trying to source players to fit in a system that is not run by the majority of the colleges that feed the league.

This year has the anomaly of many 5 technique lineman that will be impactful but normally we all sit here trying to figure out what prospect can make the move from his college position to our position of need.

If we remain stubborn and only select players who fit our measurables we will continue to miss out on impactful players. I think the coach needs to modify and balance what he wants to do with what is available to do it. He has a great reputation but our recent playoff performances tell a story of a team that needs to adapt in order to compete.

If Von Miller is the impact player available, then we (the coaching staff) need to be prepared to bring in a part that may require some adaptation on the part of the system. We pride ourselves on being flexible and able to many things in many ways. at some point being a "master of none" gets you to the dance, but home by 10 pm.

As far as traiding up, it has to be done. I have my opinions on for who, but I leave that to the man in charge. We have had an inordinant amount of top round picks in recent years. The current situation is not one of reloading a roster but putting one over the top. If we were a 7-9 team that was aging all these picks would be a god send but that is not who or where we are. We can be the Eagles and take the approach that sustaining a certain level of success for a long period of time is our goal. Or we can take advantage of what we have for a core and milk our present good fortune for all its worth. MOst of you are too young to remember anything other than good times in NE football lore but believe me, there will be rough times somewhere ahead of us. You may be moking drafts where we are picking top 5 and that will be the highlight of our hopes.

I hope to see BB make a plan, work a plan and leverage these picks in to the best people not the best value where we pickl. I would also like to see us adapt, change and be as dynamic on defense as we have become on offense.

Comment

• nice entry

Comment

• Yeah, that was quality stuff.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I thought the previous two posts were amazing contributions, as well. ;D

Comment

• My mock is updated in my sig. I haven't been able to catch any footage of players this week.
                          I'm swamped with school... barely get enough time to spend time with my wife and son.

Comment

• O'Dowd will not hold up against a NT. He's no better than Koppen at this point.

edit: He just flat out cannot anchor.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Let him sit while our OL coach gets a year to teach him up before he takes the reins(or is it rains? ranes? No, I dont want to google it)

edit: I did drop him from a 2nd to a 3rd rd pick... **** it... I'll change it up a bit more...

Comment

• If we wait to take Jabaal Sheard as our pass rusher I will be mad.

Right now I am seeing Quinn/Smith/Kerrigan at 17 or a trade up. WIlkerson at 28. OG at 33. CB/WR at 60 -- although I don't think BB views WR as a huge need.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information