No announcement yet.

2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He'd be a 2-down ILB and a nickel OLB - my best guess.

Comment

• Just cause you have 4 other great LB's doesn't mean they are the only ones that play.

Spikes, Guyton, Fletcher, Mayo, Cunningham, Ninkovich, Banta-Cain are guys that played at LB and I probably missed someone. But the point is you constantsly have guys going in and out.

Spikes, Guyton, Fletcher, Mayo, Cunningham, Ninkovich, Smith, Herzlich would give us great LB corps, along with great ST contributions in there. Great work ethic, and make our front seven set for years, if we improve our DLine also. I don't see what's wrong with using a late 2nd round pick on a guy that had top 10 talent, and lost a step or two cause of a serious illness. He has great work ethic and character and if he goes back to 3/4 that skill he had. He will still be a great player for years.

Comment

• Brooks Reed is exactly the kind of guy we pass on but shouldn't. I really, REALLY like this guys game at the next level in a 3-4. He's going to be able to get after the passer.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• wow hankerson is really impressing. hes the type of receiver we need i believe. we may have to grab him at the end of the first.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Panthers pick would be better for my palette.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• ive been saying this all week for the pats hankerson >>>>>>> titus young in terms of fit.

Comment

• Absolutely. Speed is nice, but I much prefer a guy who can challenge good man coverage and beat the press for us right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  Absolutely. Speed is nice, but I much prefer a guy who can challenge good man coverage and beat the press for us right now.
                  right alot of the pats fans have been saying young. i dont see it. young is like all of our other receivers. hankerson is physical, strong, and is much taller with deceptive speed.

Comment

• Plays much bigger than the 6'2 ish he is too. Very good all around receiver.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• With Mankins all but gone now, I think Pouncey at 28 to you guys is a lock unless the Steelers trade up

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• I can't buy that to be honest with you. We've gotten by with scraping the bottom of the barrel at offensive line before. We've had good success plugging guys in at guard for stretches too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• mankins will prolly get franchise tagged and traded for assets i doubt we just let him walk

Comment

• That too, pending the CBA.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              I can't buy that to be honest with you. We've gotten by with scraping the bottom of the barrel at offensive line before. We've had good success plugging guys in at guard for stretches too.
                              I see the trend of you guys drafting Florida players still going this year, and Pouncey will be the 1st(I can also see Ahmad Black being yours in the 3rd as well). You guys have had success plugging in guys, but you also have a history of drafting olinemen early in the draft. Plus isnt Koppen gone as well?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                                I see the trend of you guys drafting Florida players still going this year, and Pouncey will be the 1st(I can also see Ahmad Black being yours in the 3rd as well). You guys have had success plugging in guys, but you also have a history of drafting olinemen early in the draft. Plus isnt Koppen gone as well?
                                I still can't see it with all of the stuff we have to do to finish out this defense. Maybe in the second, but not the first.

No, Koppen will be here next year. We should actively be looking for an upgrade though. Keyword there is upgrade though, not a replacement. Someone who can anchor against 3-4 NT's.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information