Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
    Brooks Reed is a mid to late day 2 guy.

Don't over-estimate the senior bowl's impact. He won't blow the combine up and won't likely blow his pro day up.
    I'm sorry, but that's absolutely absurd. Late second round I can buy if you're that concerned about the medical but he's been a terror when he's healthy and blew up guys going in the first round both in practice and in the game.

He's going have a very, very good combine combine, I can say that much. Was listed on ESPN's Freak List earlier in the year. Should run 4.6 in the 250 range and put up some ridiculous strength numbers. He power cleans 405 and squats 550. Benches 425 too. Those are last years numbers too. Should be even stronger now. Scouts have been high on this guy for a very long time and his days of going under the radar on message boards are over. If there were youtube clips available of him we would all be on his nuts.

It's also hard to "overestimate the impact of the Senior Bowl." You've seen guys like him come in and make and impact time and time again and then go in the first round. Brandon Graham, Dan Williams, Larry English, Robert Ayers, Clay Matthews, Sam Baker, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, ect ect ect. All not assured of going in the first round or even the early second and came in helped themselves tons. He was already going in the early second depending on who you talk to. He helped himself A LOT by standing up this week and looked great doing it.

Quotes;

Sports Illustrated
    Brooks Reed/DL-OLB/Arizona: Reed has been nearly unstoppable the past two days. He's showed great skill rushing the passer as well as the athleticism necessary to chase the action in backside pursuit. Reed is projected by many to line-up at outside linebacker in the NFL and was effective Tuesday the few times he was asked to stand up over tackle.

....a star of Day 2 and Projects as one of the top pass rushing linebackers in the draft

Brooks Reed/DE-OLB/Arizona: Reed was another multi-purpose defender who impressed scouts with his skill and intensity. He was ferocious in pass rush drills, often beating much larger linemen up the field. Later in the week, when Reed played linebacker and dropped into coverage, his ball skills were as proficient as many of the every day linebackers he played next to. The depth of talent on the defensive line will knock Reed out of the draft's initial 35 selections, but don't be surprised if a 3-4 defense acquires him in the middle part of round two.
    Walter Football
    Along with Sam Acho and Phil Taylor, Brooks Reed helped the South destroy the North's offensive line. Reed embarrassed Anthony Castonzo in the second quarter. Like Acho, Brooks had a sack and two TFLs.

I thought Brooks Reed looked very good in the drills during the South Team practice. You have to love his non-stop motor.
    Arizona Daily Star

Reed has received glowing reviews at both positions. Monday, he dominated Mississippi State offensive tackle Derek Sherrod in "pit drills" - one-on-one, full-pads showdowns designed to showcase players for scouts. Tuesday provided fewer highlights, but just as many compliments on his "motor" and moves.
    Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-30-2011, 12:00 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• To be honest guys, I'd put our realistic big board for round 1 to 2 like this:

Pat Peterson
      Prince Amukamara
      Robert Quinn
      Marcel Dareus
      Nick Fairley
      Von Miller

Prospects for #17
      /Cameron Jordan/
      Akeem Ayers
      Ryan Kerrigan
      JJ Watt
      Aldon Smith
      Julio Jones

I love Cameron Jordan, the guy has beast written all over him. I don't think he's there at 17, but i'd love us to trade up for him. Moreso than Kerrigan, Ayers, etc.

As for #28

Nate Solder
      Anthony Castanzo
      JJ Watt
      Justin Houston
      Hankerson/Young [Not sure who I like more yet]
      Brandon Harris

I really like Titus Young. Not high on Bailey and a few others at this point at all in round 1. I'd love to see us grab Acho at the end of round 2 though.
      Breed's QB Philosophy:
      Originally posted by Breed
      At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• I really don't like Titus Young all that much. He doesn't bring enough size to the table and the way you shut him down is similar to the way you shut the rest of our receivers down. He's also not a very natural hands catcher and is inconsistent in the effort he gives as a route runner. The DeSean Jackson comparison is pretty legit, although he might not be quite as fast. You hit him in the mouth a few times and he's not the same player. I would take Hankerson over him every single time for us anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Take Akeem Ayers off that list for #17 and all those guys are realistic.

Comment

• Ayers would be great if he could rush the passer. He's likely limited to being an ILB in a 3-4 though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              I'm sorry, but that's absolutely absurd. Late second round I can buy if you're that concerned about the medical but he's been a terror when he's healthy and blew up guys going in the first round both in practice and in the game.

He's going have a very, very good combine combine, I can say that much. Was listed on ESPN's Freak List earlier in the year. Should run 4.6 in the 250 range and put up some ridiculous strength numbers. He power cleans 405 and squats 550. Benches 425 too. Those are last years numbers too. Should be even stronger now. Scouts have been high on this guy for a very long time and his days of going under the radar on message boards are over. If there were youtube clips available of him we would all be on his nuts.

It's also hard to "overestimate the impact of the Senior Bowl." You've seen guys like him come in and make and impact time and time again and then go in the first round. Brandon Graham, Dan Williams, Larry English, Robert Ayers, Clay Matthews, Sam Baker, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, ect ect ect. All not assured of going in the first round or even the early second and came in helped themselves tons. He was already going in the early second depending on who you talk to. He helped himself A LOT by standing up this week and looked great doing it.

Quotes;

Sports Illustrated

Walter Football
              I agree with all of this and more. we have seen the patriots reach on guys they have liked in the past, have we not? reed will fall into that category.

AND the reason I mocked us Carimi is because he will be a stud RT in the NFL, and a beautiful compliment to Vollmer on the left side. Also, I was talking with ROP who was speaking to a guy who was at the senior bowl, and sweared that the patriots had talked to carimi on a few occasions. i usually take this with a grain of salt, but i can see it. now that the patriots are moving to a more two tight end set, and want to get back to physically running the ball, we are going to need physical, tough, and mauler types on the line. carimi fits the bill

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• I would absolutely love it if we took Carami. I have reservations about us actually doing it as he seems to be the sort of guy we pass on all the time, but it would be a good move. Certainly wouldn't have to worry about the tackle position anymore haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Carimi would be a good pick. I think interior linemen are mid-heavy in this draft and we will likely address it in rd3-4.
                  Breed's QB Philosophy:
                  At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• I would much prefer to sure up the tackle position permanently than take a guard like Pouncey early.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      I would much prefer to sure up the tackle position permanently than take a guard like Pouncey early.
                      totally agree here

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                        totally agree here
                        Yep me too.
                        What do you guys think of taking Acho at 33?
                        He plays his balls off, and is a great pass rusher.
                        Breed's QB Philosophy:
                        At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                          Yep me too.
                          i like him.... id pick him personally. he measured kinda small...... im just wondering if hes too small height wise for BB, we know he is crazy about that kind of stuff

Comment

• I liked what I saw from Acho too, but I don't think he is worth #33, if he is there at #60 or later, I can see BB taking a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                              Yep me too.
                              I think Brooks Reed is a whole ton more fluid and athletic than Acho is, although Acho isn't a slouch in the athleticism category either. If they're both there, give me Reed every single time. He's also probably too short for what we look for. Good kid and a decent prospect, but I don't think he's as clean of a transition to OLB as some people do. He had a bit of an up and down week and was a non factor in the padded practices. Good game, but he didn't help or hurt himself overall this week.
                              Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-30-2011, 12:43 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• At this point, to be honest, id happy with any type of prospect who has the potential to be a very good pass rusher. its critical we find it either through free agency or the draft ( hali <3 not happenin tho), most likely the draft

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information