No announcement yet.

2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF Herzlich comes back and shows he is still a player, I would want him on the Pats so badly. Before his sickness he was literally the perfect LB prospect for us; he has the perfect size, is a good athlete, is a phenomenal pass rusher, makes plays in coverage, is versatile, is tough, and is a sure tackler who can make the big hit too. I am just hoping he gets healthy, but if he suits up again and shows he can get it done I want him on the Pats.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
      IF Herzlich comes back and shows he is still a player, I would want him on the Pats so badly. Before his sickness he was literally the perfect LB prospect for us; he has the perfect size, is a good athlete, is a phenomenal pass rusher, makes plays in coverage, is versatile, is tough, and is a sure tackler who can make the big hit too. I am just hoping he gets healthy, but if he suits up again and shows he can get it done I want him on the Pats.
      What do you do with Spikes, Mayo, Guyton, and McKenzie? I realize two of those guys are unproven and 1 of them is average at best, but are you really suggesting the Patriots spend a 1st round pick on a position with good depth?

I'm hoping for the same thing next year as this year: OLB, DE, WR, and RB.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
        What do you do with Spikes, Mayo, Guyton, and McKenzie? I realize two of those guys are unproven and 1 of them is average at best, but are you really suggesting the Patriots spend a 1st round pick on a position with good depth?

I'm hoping for the same thing next year as this year: OLB, DE, WR, and RB.
        I can't see him being more then a mid-late round pick after missing a season to cancer.
        You always have the off-chance of it coming back and the side effects that the treatment causes wouldn't be highly looked upon.

Would he be an ILB only?

It's too early to see what we'll spend our early picks on.
        If Pryor and Warren work out at DE, B.Tate, Edelman and Price show life and our OLine wakes up then our options are open.
        OLB is still a need, RB will def be a need, a KR/PR would do wonders.
        Maybe a FB? A new RT? A stud DE? A big blocking TE to replace Crumpler
        I swear- we're not that far off from being great.
        Our WRs are going to be the biggest question mark.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Give me Allen Bailey and Ryan Williams.

Then give me some lotion.

Comment

I love Herzy as a Vrable type of guy in our 3-4, he has (had) a ton of versatility and talent. He can get to the QB, he is an outstanding pass rusher. He also is a playmaker in coverage. He might not be the same guy if he comes back and plays, but before he got sick he was the perfect LB prospect for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              Would he be an ILB only?
              To be honest, I haven't seen a ton of BC games, but I always assume you take a 43 OLB and make him a 34 ILB. Most of them don't have pass rush technique or physical size to consistently be a pass rusher.

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              It's too early to see what we'll spend our early picks on.
              If Pryor and Warren work out at DE, B.Tate, Edelman and Price show life and our OLine wakes up then our options are open.
              OLB is still a need, RB will def be a need, a KR/PR would do wonders.
              Maybe a FB? A new RT? A stud DE? A big blocking TE to replace Crumpler
              I swear- we're not that far off from being great.
              Our WRs are going to be the biggest question mark.
              I'm not giving up on the DEs yet, but my judgement says that the DE is the biggest need for NE to get younger and better at. Pryor would be a nice young player to emerge though.

I don't think Tate, Edelman, or Price are going to be #1s anytime soon. I'd LOVE to see Johnathan Baldwin in a Patriots uniform. (or AJ Green, Michael Floyd, Julio Jones).

FB? Those are kind of archiac at this point. They are nice, but you can take a TE or an OT to do it. The Patriots need an OT. They don't need a RT specifically, but it's easier to get a RT later than a LT. (Vollmer was my Patriots ROTY... so I'd be happy with either tackles). Stud DE :D! Blocking TE = Rob Gronkowski (who has good hands too).

The WRs will improve as much as Tom Brady improves. He had times where he needed to play better and times where he was way better than his WRs. This group of WRs are good enough. Is he? I hope so. I wouldn't be shocked to see Wes Welker play this year. Randy Moss will be playing for a contract. This could be a MAJOR year for the Patriots.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Before he was sick Herzy looked like he was a perfect 3-4 LB prospect, with Vrable out he was the best possible replacement. He could play outside or inside, that versatility would be huge. We don't really need an inside guy now, but I think he could be a star here on the outside. Besides, we move all of our guys all over the place anyways. If he gets healthy and shows he can still play, he will get drafted. If somehow he plays like he did as a junior, I want him on the Pats.

I know you usually don't see 4-3 OLB's translating to 3-4 OLB, but Herzy looked like he was a perfect 3-4 LB prospect as a junior. I thought he could play anywhere in either a 3-4 or 4-3, I would love to see him come back next season.

Comment

How do you guys like OG David DeCastro from Standford? I just made a mock on another site where our two first rounds went like this:

Ryan Kerrigan
                  Michael Floyd
                  David DeCastro
                  Lee Ziemba

How does this look to you? I think DeCastro is a good fit for us, but I haven't seen enough of him. Does he has a real mean streak? I want offensive linemen who goes for the knockout on every play, but his talent is undeniable. I have this feeling that he'll declare if Luck does.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                  I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

DeCastro is another nice looking center prospect but I don't see him declaring. If he does he could be in that early second round mix, there are a lot of center prospects that offer some versatility that would be great additions for us...

-Wisniewski, PSU
                    -O'Dowd, USC
                    -Pugh, Auburn
                    -Pouncey (maybe), UF
                    -DeCastro, Stanford

All of those guys will be taken in the late first to the second probably and I would love to add one.

Comment

I really don't view DeCastro as a center, but I really like his potential as a guard. I didn't even know that he could play center..

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

I want one of those guys who can move around the interior. I think we keep Mankins and I am comfortable with Connolly now, but we still need a center. Having a guy who offers some versatility would be very nice.

Comment

Any red-bearded center prospects? Pretty much the #1 requirement to be a part of this team as an offensive lineman.

Does this count?

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                            Any red-bearded center prospects? Pretty much the #1 requirement to be a part of this team as an offensive lineman.

Does this count?

Dat O'Dowd

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                              How do you guys like OG David DeCastro from Standford? I just made a mock on another site where our two first rounds went like this:

Ryan Kerrigan
                              Michael Floyd
                              David DeCastro
                              Lee Ziemba

How does this look to you? I think DeCastro is a good fit for us, but I haven't seen enough of him. Does he has a real mean streak? I want offensive linemen who goes for the knockout on every play, but his talent is undeniable. I have this feeling that he'll declare if Luck does.
                              Centers and guards can be had much later. DeCastro, never heard of him as a guard or center. 2nd round pick, don't think so.
                              "Those two men showed what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will ALL be able to do the SAME THING."

Comment

Positions selected with our first six selections: Hopefully

1-OLB
                                2-OT
                                3-DE
                                4-C
                                5-S
                                6-RB
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information