2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    I think it has something to do with the state of Colorado as a program right now. If they were good, the prospects they're putting out would be judged much differently. Solder suffers from this a bit as well as nobody really saw much of him on a national level this year so the only things we have to go on for us East Coasters are reports and a few games that maybe some of us watched. Hype is a powerful force even for scouts.
    Solder suffers from sucking hard at times. He gets abused against speed rushers. (which limits which teams he can and can't play for)

Jimmy Smith suffers from being "reliable" and "lacking big play ability". The same thing they said about Tom Brady at QB.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Nate Solder really impressed me at the Senior Bowl, and he showed some more flex and bending ability that I thought he had. Everyone gets caught up in his size, but his athletic ability are able to compensate for being almost too tall. He'll probably run a sub 5.0 second 40 yard dash at the combine, and I think he'll probably go in the top fifteen picks. The offensive line class is pretty weak, but it looks like McShay has moved on to Tyron Smith as a target for his hype love fest.

Comment

• Solder is kind of a conundrum. The reason he's so touted is his athleticism...because that should help him against athletic pass rushers... But he gets abused by athletic pass rushers, so imo, Solder is useless.

Comment

• I'm a big believer in Solder. I don't see this guy that gets consistently beat that some due. People go into him with a very negative attitude for one reason or another. He only had one real productive year and that's sort of a unique thing for an offensive linemen. We're usually on those guys super early, ala Matt Kalil. With no real statistics to say "But he changed!", reputation tends to stick around.

I actually really didn't like him as a prospect going into this year, but I liked what I saw in Mobile and his best football is defiantly ahead of him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• ^ That last part is what really matters. Give Dante some time with a solid prospect and we'll have a stud. My only concern with Solder is that I don't think we need to invest a high pick on OT since we really only need to fill the RT spot. I think we can do that at the end of round 2.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              ^ That last part is what really matters. Give Dante some time with a solid prospect and we'll have a stud. My only concern with Solder is that I don't think we need to invest a high pick on OT since we really only need to fill the RT spot. I think we can do that at the end of round 2.
              I agree with this. Why spend a mid-late first on a guy like Solder or Castonzo to play LT when Vollmer has shown he is a better LT than a RT? It makes way more sense to move Vollmer over to LT and take someone like Gilbert etc in the second or third to play RT. If we're gonna invest a high pick to let Scar develop I would prefer it to be on the interior.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• BB history of value based on position & pick makes me think we'll see DE / CB in round one and OLB / OL in round 2.

I feel like a trade down from 17 is a foregone conclusion at this point, unless a top 10 guy slides. The players / talent available just looks alot like last year to me, with plenty of excellent value to be had in round 2. I hope I'm wrong, as I would love to see a stud coming to down via trade. Trade up or trade for a player *cough* Fitz! *cough*

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Offensive line is one of those things we need to improve but not necessarily overhaul for the sake of it. A first round tackle is in play if we move on from Matt Light, which is a very real possibility. Pretty open what we can do with those picks really.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Personally, I don't understand the love for Solder over Tyron Smith.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I don't get what Tyron Smith does better than Solder or somehow has more potential. Solder is the better athlete; both for his size and overall. Both of them need to get bigger and are pretty good run blockers, but Solder has converted more his potential into production than Smith has and has better upside due to his length.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Anyone else get the feeling that one of the first 3 picks will be traded (out) for a future first rounder? (I really think that pick 33 will be a future first and maybe a current 3rd or something)

Maybe Jake Locker will fall to 33rd and the Raiders will have to have him... so we can have their pick next year too :D
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• pick 33 is gunna have a lot of value. teams will have to pay dearly in order to get that pick. i know the patriots will value that pick. it will have to atleast be a first next year and some other really high pick this year imo

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• I am pretty sure that the is no chance that we are picking at #33 when all is said and done. Not with Belichick's history of making the most out of these kind of opportunities... He should be able to get a future first out of somebody.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• I think we will stay at 33. I could be wrong and you really never know with us, but we seem to love those early second rounders. You are usually getting first round talent for a second round price, and there is a ton of flexibility in who you can draft and the expectations/pressure aren't quite as lofty for the player drafted. I could see us moving our late first rounder for sure, or perhaps #17 but I think that #33 is a spot that we are thrilled to have. It all depends on how draft day pans out though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                                I think we will stay at 33. I could be wrong and you really never know with us, but we seem to love those early second rounders. You are usually getting first round talent for a second round price, and there is a ton of flexibility in who you can draft and the expectations/pressure aren't quite as lofty for the player drafted. I could see us moving our late first rounder for sure, or perhaps #17 but I think that #33 is a spot that we are thrilled to have. It all depends on how draft day pans out though.
                                i agree here. 28 is much more likely to get traded in my opinion. esp this year with a draft deep in DEs... why not grab a first round talent, for a second round price? it makes too much sense

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information