No announcement yet.

2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree about how the picks are going to go. #28 is the most realistic one to be traded. It all depends on who's on the board and who we feel is going to be there with Carolina's second rounder...but yeah.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• The thing with the 33rd is just that Belichick has almost 24 hours to get the best possible deal done. That's a lot of time for a man like BB. I could definetly see him trading out of that spot.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
        The thing with the 33rd is just that Belichick has almost 24 hours to get the best possible deal done. That's a lot of time for a man like BB. I could definetly see him trading out of that spot.
        Yeah I agree, BB even said in a press conference last year the new format of round 2 makes it so much easier to trade, and if you are sitting at 33, you get lots of phonecalls.

I totally expect a trade.
        Breed's QB Philosophy:
        Originally posted by Breed
        At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Good point. I didnt think of it that way. No. 33 is definitely in danger of being traded lol
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• My dream draft would be Cam Jordan at 17, Jon Baldwin at 28, Mikel Leshoure at 33, Justin Houston at 60, Danny Watkins at 74, Ras I dowling at 92, and Joe Barksdale at 98.

Comment

• 17- C.Jordan DE... Love it

28- J.Baldwin WR... love his size and what he brings as a WR but I doubt BB would take him with his character concerns. Hankerson later in the draft seems like a more realistic bet

33-M.LeShour RB... I think RB is a need but not an early need. I think we can get the same if not better production from D.Thomas/D.Murray later in the draft

60-J.Houston OLB/DE... Houston here would be a steal, with that, I doubt he's available at this point. I fully expect him to be gone by late 1st/early 2nd

Last three picks, I like with the exception that I think one of the first two OL should be a C. Swap one of them out with a J.Kirkpatrick and it'd be a bit better.

Of course... this is just my thoughts... welcome to the site... stay active...
              There's no such thing as too many Patriot fans on this site =)

Comment

• I don't think we can say the Pats are for sure going to trade a specific pick. But it's a safe bet that they will be moving around the draft board. As it stands they only have 5 picks in 2012 so they are almost certain to trade for picks next year. Could be a first or second rounder that they trade for an early pick next year, or it could be a third or fourth that they trade for a second or third next year.
                2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

• i agree, but what we are missing is that there just arent many roster spots open. the last few years, with all the young talent infused onto the team, there are what, maybe like 5 or 6 total spots available? id rather trade up this year to get talent in those spots where we do need an impact player instead of wasting them on a 6/7th pick who wont make the roster. same goes for trading into next year, there just wont be spots so idk how thatll affect the draft strategy

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                    i agree, but what we are missing is that there just arent many roster spots open. the last few years, with all the young talent infused onto the team, there are what, maybe like 5 or 6 total spots available? id rather trade up this year to get talent in those spots where we do need an impact player instead of wasting them on a 6/7th pick who wont make the roster. same goes for trading into next year, there just wont be spots so idk how thatll affect the draft strategy
                    I agree with this to an extent, but we have a lot of players who are going to be out in a few years. The aging process caught up to our linebackers a few years ago, and it is about to happen to our OL. Light, Koppen, and Neal will not be here for long and even if they are not as good as they used to be they have meant a lot to this franchise and it will not be easy to replace them (this is why keeping Mankins is so crucial).

We have a lot of great young talent that should be here for a while, but we do also have some spots that will definitely need to be addressed in the near future.

QB-Brady won't play forever, and Hoyer is a nice backup but I doubt he is the future.

RB-I love BJGE and Woodhead, but there is little behind them and who knows if they will be able to produce again like they did this year especially with the OL question marks. I could see us looking at a RB or two in the draft/FA. We don't really use a fullback but we could look at a replacement for Morris. I could see us looking at a guy like Ingram this year.

WR-Lots of questions here. Welker is a great player for us but he is not a #1, he needs someone to take the pressure off him for him to be at his best. We don't have a guy like that on the roster. Tate has speed and playmaking ability, but he has a long ways to go to become a fulltime threat at receiver. Edelman is a nice PR but he struggled with drops at receiver in 2010. Price is raw, and Branch was a nice stopgap last year but he is not a guy we will build around. I could see us wanting a #1 receiver as soon as this draft, if not this year then next year.

TE-Look good here. Crump won't be around forever, might need a #3 TE in a couple of years.

OL-Already addressed this. I don't know how you guys feel about our backups, but we could need 3 or 4 new starters in the next year or two depending on what happens with Mankins.

DL-Wilfork is the only sure thing as a bona fide starter, and if he were to go down we would be screwed. We have some good role players on the DL but how many of them are really going to be impact starters? Warrens is on the downside and is coming off injury, we will probably draft a DL high this year and if not this year than in 2012.

LB-We are looking great at ILB, the same cannot be said for OLB. Cunningham is young and talented, but at least one other starting caliber OLB could be needed. Ninko is OK in a rotation but do we really want him as our feature OLB? We should take and OLB early this year.

CB-McCourty is a stud but there are questions behind him. Bodden is coming off injury, Arrington is a worker but shouldn't really be starting, and Butler is approaching bust level. We could take a corner early this year.

S-Meriweather is inconsistent but I think he will stay. Chung is a good player but struggles in coverage at times, and he is a guy who could be best suited as a situational guy. The same can be said for Sanders and McGowan.

The point of this is that we have some young talent, but we are far from a finished product. We have a lot of good role players but still have a lot of needs that need to be filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                      I agree with this to an extent, but we have a lot of players who are going to be out in a few years. The aging process caught up to our linebackers a few years ago, and it is about to happen to our OL. Light, Koppen, and Neal will not be here for long and even if they are not as good as they used to be they have meant a lot to this franchise and it will not be easy to replace them (this is why keeping Mankins is so crucial).

We have a lot of great young talent that should be here for a while, but we do also have some spots that will definitely need to be addressed in the near future.

QB-Brady won't play forever, and Hoyer is a nice backup but I doubt he is the future.

RB-I love BJGE and Woodhead, but there is little behind them and who knows if they will be able to produce again like they did this year especially with the OL question marks. I could see us looking at a RB or two in the draft/FA. We don't really use a fullback but we could look at a replacement for Morris. I could see us looking at a guy like Ingram this year.

WR-Lots of questions here. Welker is a great player for us but he is not a #1, he needs someone to take the pressure off him for him to be at his best. We don't have a guy like that on the roster. Tate has speed and playmaking ability, but he has a long ways to go to become a fulltime threat at receiver. Edelman is a nice PR but he struggled with drops at receiver in 2010. Price is raw, and Branch was a nice stopgap last year but he is not a guy we will build around. I could see us wanting a #1 receiver as soon as this draft, if not this year then next year.

TE-Look good here. Crump won't be around forever, might need a #3 TE in a couple of years.

OL-Already addressed this. I don't know how you guys feel about our backups, but we could need 3 or 4 new starters in the next year or two depending on what happens with Mankins.

DL-Wilfork is the only sure thing as a bona fide starter, and if he were to go down we would be screwed. We have some good role players on the DL but how many of them are really going to be impact starters? Warrens is on the downside and is coming off injury, we will probably draft a DL high this year and if not this year than in 2012.

LB-We are looking great at ILB, the same cannot be said for OLB. Cunningham is young and talented, but at least one other starting caliber OLB could be needed. Ninko is OK in a rotation but do we really want him as our feature OLB? We should take and OLB early this year.

CB-McCourty is a stud but there are questions behind him. Bodden is coming off injury, Arrington is a worker but shouldn't really be starting, and Butler is approaching bust level. We could take a corner early this year.

S-Meriweather is inconsistent but I think he will stay. Chung is a good player but struggles in coverage at times, and he is a guy who could be best suited as a situational guy. The same can be said for Sanders and McGowan.

The point of this is that we have some young talent, but we are far from a finished product. We have a lot of good role players but still have a lot of needs that need to be filled.
                      i agree. look at the next two drafts. if we traded our later round picks, we would still come out with 10 potential impact players. thats more than enough on this roster. you know BB is still going to keep around some of the veterans and such.. im just looking at roster spots. he wont cut neal/koppen this year..... so in reality thats less roster spots to be had.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• I kind of disagree about there not being enough spots for draft picks. I think there is always room for guys who can play so bring in as many as you can.

As it is Taylor and Morris may not be back, Faulk may not be back, they could lose Light and/or Neal, you have room for improvement in the DB's with Arrington, Wilhite, and maybe Butler. Slater's nothing more than a special teamer. And they could sure stand an upgrade over TBC. Those are just off the top of my head. Add in players who will end up on IR and I think there are plenty of roster spots for draft picks to compete for.

I guess I've just always been a believer in having as many draft picks as you can get. Let them compete and if they don't make it then you haven't lost anything. Better to do that than to trade picks away just because you decide ahead of time that they have no shot at making the team. The other side of that is if during the draft you get into the mid to later rounds and the guys you see available just aren't what you're looking for, then sure go ahead and trade those for future picks.
                        2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

• There's room on the roster. I'm pretty convinced we're going to see at least on surprising cut this offseason, if not more.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• *coughmattlightcough*

Comment

• *coughTyWarrencough*

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                *coughTyWarrencough*
                                I would punt a baby if this were to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information