2011 Patriots Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
    As an UDFA, I don't imagine it would be a contract that would be a burden. It would be a contract that wouldn't cost much if he were cut. Signing a good backup QB is always a smart move, imo. Of course, I really like what I see from Hoyer.
    I'm not saying it will cost us or that we shouldn't sign him. Just that I feel a shorter term would be best as I don't think Hoyer has the ability to become a good starter in the future and there's no reason to sign a backup QB to a 5 year deal when there are several young QBs that have more potential in the draft every year and undrafted also.

Comment

• Is this the patriots draft board?

Apparently it was setup by PFW, but i am not sure I 100% buy that, especially given the orders shown, its not exactly a generic draft order.
      Breed's QB Philosophy:
      Originally posted by Breed
      At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• I saw that too and don't know what to make of it. Hard to believe they would be careless enough to put that info up for the media to see. Yet the order doesn't look like they just randomly put the names up there. Maybe they put them in a kind of general consensus order but that's not really the specific order that they have them rated. More deception, in other words. Interesting.
        2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by TNPatsFan View Post
          I saw that too and don't know what to make of it. Hard to believe they would be careless enough to put that info up for the media to see. Yet the order doesn't look like they just randomly put the names up there. Maybe they put them in a kind of general consensus order but that's not really the specific order that they have them rated. More deception, in other words. Interesting.
          Yeah, I actually think its possible they screwed up, and had PFW say they did it afterwards to try and cover it up. I mean, if you look at it, they have Solder as their top rated tackle, which is not even close to the general consensus, but he could fit the patriots best.

Brown after Cobb is another big ???. JJ Watt under Clayborn (agent?), Watkins top Guard, etc.

Looks a little to specialized IMO, could be nothing though, no way to really know, but it is certainly making me scratch my head.

Another thing though, each of these guys is ranked numerically. 8.854 for Bowers, 8.652 Dareus, 8.519, Quinn etc.

I doubt PFW did that **** up.
          Last edited by BradysKnee; 04-16-2011, 11:26 AM.
          Breed's QB Philosophy:
          At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• It is puzzling that's for sure. They are so secretive about everything pre-draft that it's hard to imagine how they would even have their list posted anywhere that someone could see it, let alone voluntarily showing it to the media. I sure hope they didn't screw up because if they did they lost a lot of leverage when they are trying to trade up and down the board.

I agree about some of those rankings. They are kind of typical but then there are the handful of unusual ones like you mentioned. The PFW guys could have just put them up in their own order. Those guys often have some strange ratings on players. They could have just made the numbers up or something. I hope that's all it is.
            2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

It is puzzling that's for sure. They are so secretive about everything pre-draft that it's hard to imagine how they would even have their list posted anywhere that someone could see it, let alone voluntarily showing it to the media. I sure hope they didn't screw up because if they did they lost a lot of leverage when they are trying to trade up and down the board.

I agree about some of those rankings. They are kind of typical but then there are the handful of unusual ones like you mentioned. The PFW guys could have just put them up in their own order. Those guys often have some strange ratings on players. They could have just made the numbers up or something. I hope that's all it is.
              Yeah me too, but I don't know, maybe they printed off the player cards and strung them up but what really gets me are those numerical values.

It's clearly out of 10, and some kind of formula for each position to garner overall value.
              It looks like a tool to grade a player overall, while in a positional list.

This is a very elusive smoke screen or a grade A **** up.
              Breed's QB Philosophy:
              At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• The one thing about the grading numbers on those cards that makes me believe they are not the actual Pats grades is that Caserio distinctly said in the press conference as he was explaining those numbers, that the Pats don't use a four number grade. They only use a two number grade. So instead of 8.782 for AJ Green, their real card would only show 8.7 or 8.8.
                2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

The one thing about the grading numbers on those cards that makes me believe they are not the actual Pats grades is that Caserio distinctly said in the press conference as he was explaining those numbers, that the Pats don't use a four number grade. They only use a two number grade. So instead of 8.782 for AJ Green, their real card would only show 8.7 or 8.8.
                  True, I just don't know what to make of it. Seems like an extraordinary amount of work for showing up a few seconds in a webcast.
                  Breed's QB Philosophy:
                  At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                    JJ Watt under Clayborn (agent?)
                    It's just BS. Watt won't even be on the actual Patriots draft board.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Read this old BB quote today. (Summer 2003)

"To make the 3-4 work, you need two outside linebackers who can get pressure. What we wanted to do was get quicker, better on the pass rush and a little younger on defense."

PLEASE DO THIS ON DRAFT DAY!
                      Breed's QB Philosophy:
                      At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• That image also looks like the pieces are pasted together in PS or some other photo program.

There's no way the Pats would allow something like that to get out. It's either smoke screen or junk.

I find it difficult to believe Hankerson would't be on their list. My mancrush aside, he really has all the things BB targets when drafting. 4 years of experience & a senior. Team captain. Excellent production. Great work ethic.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• http://www.csnne.com/04/14/11/Workou...92&feedID=3352
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• wrong thread
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information