Boston Sports Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Sports Discussion

Why not? We have a lot of Sox, Celtics, and Bruins fans on here.

Bruins play game 2 against Philly tonight

Celtics are down 0-1 to the Cavs

Sox are looking shaky now, but that will end when we get Adrian Gonzalez at the deadline

Bruins are tied 1 up after the first period, Celts about to start. It would be nice to take one in Cleveland early as would taking both at home against the Flyers.

Comment

Red Sox-

Our starting pitching has one of the worst ERA in the league
      VMart and Papi have a combined 13 RBI's
      Our improved D (*) has made the 2nd most errors in the league
      We seriously suck right now

Celtics

I like what we're doing but Pierce needs to step up and so does our bench.
      Rondo can't carry this team by himself... yet

Bruins

Don't watch hockey but am still a homer.
      My friends were Buffalo fans too so that's even sweeter
      Go Bruins!!!

Pats

Nice draft!
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Red Sox need to start playing well soon or they could be in a huge hole that they may not be able to climb out of. I think they will eventually put things together, but I just hope it isn't too late.

Celtics, as much as I don't want to say this, will lose handily to the Cavs because Lebron gets literally every call, regardless of where the game is being played. I hate watching the NBA because the referees control the game more than any official in any sport should. If I were an NBA player I would snap on a ref at some point, I know I would.

Not a huge hockey guy, I know how the Bruins are doing, good or bad, but don't really watch them consistently, even now. If Tuuka keeps playing like he has been, they can make a run, especially if they can get a few guys back from injury. Losing Sturm does hurt though.
        Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

I'm really, really disappointed in Beltre this year. I thought he was going to be an absolute steal and really reclaim his career here. He's got a good pull swing when he's on, and it doesn't take much to get it over the monster/hit it. But he hits the ball on the ground soooo much. ****** defense out of him so far too.

EDIT: Literally right after I posted this, Beltre hits his first dinger over the Monster. Lol.
          Last edited by ElectricEye; 05-03-2010, 08:51 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I was never a Beltre fan, I didn't really like the signing too much. Everyone knows he's inconsistent and can disappear for long stretches, but he has a ton of talent.

Comment

He's a really, really good defensive player with near unlimited range at third. Really strong arm too. That's always been there for him until now. That alone would have been great, but we haven't got that yet.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Hey all three won today. Celtics looked sexy.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Yeah it was a good day to start this up. The Bruins are in good shape starting 2-0 on Philly, we look better than we have all year. Taking one in Cleveland was huge for the Celts, too. The Sox knew this team was going to rely on its pitching and defense, we need to get those units doing their jobs and we need to add some power.

Comment

Great game by the Bruins. Gotta love Lucic.

And oh by the way, I'm going to the Red Sox game tomorrow. Try to contain your jealous rage.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                      Great game by the Bruins. Gotta love Lucic.

And oh by the way, I'm going to the Red Sox game tomorrow. Try to contain your jealous rage.
                      I would be jealous, but I have Sox/Phillies intreleague tickets for a Friday night game on June 11. Birthday present, and I'm going to Abe and Louies before. It's going to be ballin.

Tomorrow will be fun too if it is anything like today's game.

Comment

Doubt it will be.

Buchholz has really impressed me this year. He isn't walking as many and he's getting his breaking pitches over. The question with him was never of talent. He's got number one starter stuff. Seems worlds more comfortable this year. Key for him is to cut down on the hard contact and locate his pitches better. Should lead to more K's.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

If we do make a move for Adrian Gonzalez, which I hope we try to do, Bucholz will most likely be a part of it. I like him and he is really talented, but if we can ship him and a prospect for a legit slugger I'd be down. I love his ability but the fact is we need power now and he has been really inconsistent, I'd hate to see it end up being a Hanley type of situation but it would make sense now just like the Beckett deal did.

Comment

The Bruins definitely have the look of a team getting hot at the right time. Getting Savard back is nice, too. I have been watching a ton of hockey over the last few months but really have no idea how good some of the other teams are this year. My only complaint is that I'm on vacation in Utah and have to watch the Bs online and it's a 480 display . . . I think it's called SDTV - stoneage definition television. lol

Celtics are also playing well at the right time. But I definitely agree with Burt on the officiating for the NBA. The top few guys get away with everything and still get all the cheap fouls called in their favor every time. It's ugly to watch.
                            Last edited by FlyingElvis; 05-04-2010, 01:29 AM.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

I had very low expectations for the Sox this year even before the season started. They couldn't hit last year and they went out and signed a bunch of guys this offseason that also can't hit. The so-called strategy was to improve the pitching and defense. So they improve the pitching by signing Lackey, who is an ok, not great, pitcher. And I don't think Marco Scutaro is anything special. Just another journeyman shortstop who can't hit.

As for the Celts, they'd win every game if they didn't have to play the fourth quarter. I didn't turn the game on last night until it was early in the fourth. Watched for about 15 minutes and did not see the Celts score a point, while the Cavs went on a 15-0 run. Turned it off just hoping that their wasn't enough time for the Cavs to make the complete comeback.

I rarely get to see the B's, but it's good to see them playing well. They were good last year and I was surprised they struggled so much this year. I guess they have had a lot of injuries that held them back. This is a good time for them to get hot.
                              2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information