No announcement yet.

Boston Sports Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not complaining... This is a huge coup for the Red Sox. But it's interesting to try to figure out what they're going to do with those other guys and positions now. Seems like Papi could be getting squeezed out as the DH soon.

Comment

• If we sign Beltre, which we still have a shot at doing, there's not really a place for him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Gonzalez is a huge addition, we've been talking about getting him for a couple years now too. I think we get one out of Werth and Crawford with Crawford being a real possibility. We're looking good.

Comment

• Think Werth is the target now. More valuable player because we fall into the trap of being a left handed dominant lineup otherwise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Don't like giving up Casey Kelly though, but to get Gonzalez we'd have to give up at least one valuable guy.

Comment

• Think Rizzo is the real chip. Kelly has a high Michael Bowden threshold. Dominated A ball because of his control and his stuff was good enough to get by 18 and 19 year olds, might not project to stay at that level down the line.

Rizzo on the otherhand, hit 25 homers, the majority of them in an unforgiving park, as a 20 year old coming off of cancer. He's a plus defender too. He might be the guy we wished we had kept, but it's fine because in an ideal word he becomes Adrian Gonzalez in five years...but we traded him for Adrian Gonzalez. Very big if as always for guys in baseball reaching their potential.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Beltre is pretty much out of the running now.
                AGonz at 1st, Youk to 3rd, we need a RH OF so Werth seems like the natural fit there
                Our bullpen still needs help and we need to sign a catcher thats a defensive speacilist

1-Ellsbury (L)
                2-Pedroia (R)
                3-AGonz (L)
                4-Youk (R)
                5-Oritz (L)
                6-Werth (R)
                7-Drew (L)
                8-Scutaro (R)
                9 Salty/VTek/??? (S)

TELL ME THAT DOESN'T LOOK SEXY!

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                Think Werth is the target now. More valuable player because we fall into the trap of being a left handed dominant lineup otherwise.
                Me too. Only way is if we trade Ellsbury away in a package for bullpen help or an upgrade at catcher. Then I could see us going after Crawford
                Last edited by Nalej; 12-05-2010, 10:31 AM.
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• That lineup does look pretty damn good provided health holds.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Werth's gone cuz the nationals are absolute idiots...bring on CRAWFORD!

Comment

• Bring back Beltre and move Youk to LF.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                        Bring back Beltre and move Youk to LF.
                        Thats...actually an intriguing idea...only thing is I'm not sure Youk has enough range (is that wierd to say when we've put manny ramirez out there?) and it just seems odd to take a guy who's a gold glove first basemen then put him at third where he's also a plus defender (at worst) and then make him a left fielder..i dunno how he'd take it either.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
                          Thats...actually an intriguing idea...only thing is I'm not sure Youk has enough range (is that wierd to say when we've put manny ramirez out there?) and it just seems odd to take a guy who's a gold glove first basemen then put him at third where he's also a plus defender (at worst) and then make him a left fielder..i dunno how he'd take it either.
                          He's actually done it before. It's awkward, but if I had to pick a guy to do it, it would be Youk.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yea, he's done it before and he looked TERRIBLE!
                            Beltre isn't in our future plans with AGonz here now
                            I say, sign Crawford and use Ellsbury as bait for a RH power bat
                            Only issue is... Ellsbury is our lead off hitter and I'm pretty sure he's said he doesn't want to bat lead off anymore.
                            Justin Upton is a name out there but AZ wants a lot and I don't want to deplete (sp?) our farm system anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                              I say, sign Crawford and use Ellsbury as bait for a RH power bat
                              Problem is...Ellsbury and who? There's really no one out there and Ellsbury doesn't have anybody calling at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yea, I guess that was my point. No need in signing Crawford.
                                We need a RH power bat in the OF. Crawford is neither.
                                Looks like we open the season with JD Drew, Ellsbury and Cameron
                                Kalish, Nava, McDonald and Reddick backing them up.
                                I'm pretty content with them backing them up.
                                It's only a matter time before Drew gets injured again
                                (While I"m talking ****, here's hoping Ellsbury and Cameron are 100% next year)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information