No announcement yet.

Boston Sports Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're in on Russell Martin. Makes a ton of sense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Quick google search...

-Beltran is apparently available. The Mets would like to rid themselves of his 18 Million dollar salary next yar
      -M.Ordonez.. he's a FA. I wouldn't mind a 1 or 2 yr deal for him
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• If you don't like JD, you're going to hate Beltran. Ordonez is interesting and would be a good Fenway hitter, but father time scares me there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I really want us to go after Russell Martin.

Comment

• If he can get a ball from homeplate to 2nd then I'm all for it

Comment

• Martin is a plus defender, last time I heard.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Crawford inked.

We NEED a right handed bat though. I think we might have to sell low on Ellsbury just to find a guy to balance out the lineup. Beltran is a possibility, and that deal could be done mostly for just eating cash, but who plays center then? I don't trust Beltran to play an entire season and that leaves Cameron as the only other guy on the roster capable of playing center...and well, don't trust him to play the whole year either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yep just saw on espn, go Sox.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Have to say, pretty pleased with these moves. Shows that we're committed to competing, which people have questioned recently.

Also, look out for us to sign Scott Downs or another type A reliever now that we broke our type A cherry.

Apparently, we're also STILL in on Cliff Lee. We're spending John Henry's money like nobody's business right now. Offered him a seven year deal at a reduced price.

Oh, and just thought about the entire left handedness issue...it's an advantage against 2/3 starting pitchers in the major league and we have Lowrie, Cameron, and McDonald on the bench. All of those guys crush the ball against left handed pitching. Lowrie might even emerge as our starting short stop at one point during the season because of how well he has hit when he's been in there, so there's that silver lining.
                    Last edited by ElectricEye; 12-09-2010, 12:29 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yeah I got pretty frustrated after this season and havent kept up with alot of Sox stuff but I just started reading some stuff over on espnboston and chatting with a big sox friend of mine.

Originally posted by WMD
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• It's looking more and more like the Yankees could be out on Lee. They made their push and the deal still is not done. The Rangers and the Angels were in on Crawford as well and now that he's off the market one of them could make an even bigger push. If he gets that seventh year at close to 25 from one of them, think it's a done deal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Lee was someone I was keeping a close eye on, I hope he doesnt go to the Yankees, I love Lee.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Today was a good day. I still don't want to buy Lee to the Yankees but it almost seems inevitable.

Comment

• Add Varitek to that list of guys who can still hit lefties mentioned earlier.

But I still think we should be in on Martin. Good buy low gamble there. If he's healthy and returns to form, he's another real good right handed bat to have in the lineup that we can use to make pitching to us more difficult.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Wow!

-Love the signing but I just don't know where he fits. Especially another LH bat.
                                I don't think this spells the end of Ellsbury. I'd hate if we traded him for a guy who plays less games than JD Drew unless the Mets paid the majority of his 18 Mill contract.
                                I love Crawford as our LF bc he's only weakness is his weak arm and that gets minimized due to the short field. He'll have to learn how to play the ball of the wall full time now though
                                -With our Type A cherry popped, as mentioned above, I can see us going after whoever now to add to our bullpen. Still a big question mark entering the season
                                -Martin is still a possiblity
                                -Lee isn't (I said the same thing about Crawford though!)
                                -I could see us signing Ordonez and having him play against lefties and having JD Drew play against righties.
                                It'd be a good idea with how injuried those two are... splitting time could help themselves stay healthy. He could spell the DH spot from time to time as well.

Beckett
                                Lester
                                Bucholz
                                Lackey
                                Dice-K

1-Crawford LF
                                2-Pedroia 2B
                                3-AGonz 1B
                                4-Youk 3B
                                5-Ortiz DH
                                6-JD Drew RF
                                7-Scutoro/Lowrie SS
                                8-Salty/V-Tek C
                                9-Ellsbury CF

Man, if we get bullpen help and another RH hitter... oh man... I can't see us winning less than 100 games and making a serious run for the ring

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information