Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston Sports Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well, BoSox signed Jenks and Wheeler. I'm in Love.
    I guess this is the end of Okijima. I always liked him but I understand
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

    Comment


    • This whole baseball off-season feels dirty. I don't know if I can stomach rooting for one of the teams that's destroying the competitive balance of the sport in the upcoming season... I'll probably come around when September rolls around, but I might just hide amongst the Royals fans until then. Is this the opposite of fairweather?

      Comment


      • i think we need another left reliever. not too sure how doubront will handle the big leagues for a full year.

        tito has said he wants jacoby to bat leadoff, and that would be our best lineup. im thinking this will be the lineup, which would be fun:

        1. Ellsbury CF
        2. Crawford LF
        3. Pedroia 2B
        4. Gonzo 1B
        5. Youk 3B
        6. Ortiz DH
        7. Drew RF
        8. Tek/Salty
        9. Scutaro/Lowrie

        pretty insane lineup

        how many RBIs does gonzo get with those 3 in front of him? woww

        Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

        Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nepg View Post
          This whole baseball off-season feels dirty. I don't know if I can stomach rooting for one of the teams that's destroying the competitive balance of the sport in the upcoming season... I'll probably come around when September rolls around, but I might just hide amongst the Royals fans until then. Is this the opposite of fairweather?
          We're entitled to it because we've had to contend with the only other team that does it for years. I'm cool with us abusing the systems if we're the only ones smart enough to figure out how.

          R.I.P. Junior Seau

          Comment


          • It only feels so good bc we're doing it in a year where the Yanks failed in all their attempts.
            It's not like we've never tried to do this before...
            We signed Manny, Ortiz, Renteria, Lackey and DiceK. Traded for Becket, VMart and Jason Bay.
            We failed in attempts for Tex and ARod.
            So it's not like this is any different from years before. We just were especially successful this offseason

            As for our lineups... this is what I think

            Vs Righties

            1-J.Ellsbury CF
            2-D.Pedrioa 2B
            3-C.Crawford LF
            4-A.Gonzalez 1B
            5-K.Youk 3B
            6-D.Ortiz DH
            7-JD Drew RF
            8-M.Scutaro SS
            9-Salty C

            Vs Lefties

            1-J.Ellsbury CF
            2-D.Pedroia 2B
            3-K.Youk 3B
            4-A.Gonz 1B
            5-M.Cameron RF
            6-C.Crawford LF
            7-J.Lowrie DH
            8-M.Scutaro SS
            9-Salty C

            As far as lefties go, I agree with hoping for another lefty besides Doubront. I guess it doesn't hurt to check and see how he does and if he struggles, then trade for someone. I hope they bring back Okijima to a minor league deal and let him work out his issues.

            I love the 7-8-9 of Jenks-Bard-Palp... AMAZING!
            No excuses for Beckett, DiceK and Lackey. We are ready to win now.
            Hopefully Bucholz continues on from last year too.
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

            Comment


            • I think we can pick up some sort of side arm lefty craft bastard somewhere off the scrap heap. The other lefty is Andrew Miller, but he's going to need some time. Could pay huuuuuge dividends towards the end of the season with if we can fix his mechanics.

              R.I.P. Junior Seau

              Comment


              • Yup, Miller is definitely a low risk high reward type of guy. I hope he balls
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                Comment


                • This is the perfect situation for Miller. He's not expected to be a #1, and he's behind so many other guys. I think he busts out and wreaks havoc on the MLB. I'd like to see him in the rotation down the road, but they'll probably stick him in the bullpen.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                    It only feels so good bc we're doing it in a year where the Yanks failed in all their attempts.
                    It's not like we've never tried to do this before...
                    We signed Manny, Ortiz, Renteria, Lackey and DiceK. Traded for Becket, VMart and Jason Bay.
                    We failed in attempts for Tex and ARod.
                    So it's not like this is any different from years before. We just were especially successful this offseason
                    Manny was one of the Top 5 players in baseball when they signed him to that deal. They signed Ortiz for like $2 million. Lackey is in the same boat as Crawford. Those guys have no business getting the contracts they got. $140 million is insane for a guy like Carl Crawford. It's nonsensical.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      This is the perfect situation for Miller. He's not expected to be a #1, and he's behind so many other guys. I think he busts out and wreaks havoc on the MLB. I'd like to see him in the rotation down the road, but they'll probably stick him in the bullpen.
                      Safer that way. He was only hitting low 90's starting. Let him throw as hard as he can out of the pen and fix the mechanics and we have something.

                      R.I.P. Junior Seau

                      Comment


                      • Oh ... and the Celtics just won an NBA season high 13 straight with all their injries
                        No biggie...
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                        Comment


                        • Garnett's injured :( Injury bug's in town. Attacked the BoSox, Pats and Celts.

                          Okijima's back on a one year deal. Will compete in ST for the lefty position in the bullpen.
                          I hope he regains his stuff...
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                          Comment


                          • He won't though. Same **** every year.

                            R.I.P. Junior Seau

                            Comment


                            • Yea, which is why I don't mind that he has to earn his spot with Doubont, Miller, (two other lefties that I can't think of) all fighting for a roster spot as a lefty BP'er
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                              Comment


                              • It is good we're not counting on him. Doubront likely starts the year in that role for us and Miller probably contributes down the stretch after we play with his mechanics.

                                R.I.P. Junior Seau

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information