No announcement yet.

Boston Sports Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sox had a ton of turnover. They'll be fine, just give it some time. We're used to strong April's, but this is a different team. Lots of injuries hasn't helped. Not sure what to think of the pitching. Beckett will probably be up and down all year, and Wakefield is done. Bring up Bowden, and hope Dice-K turns it around enough to be a 5th... I wrote Lackey off when they signed him...he's going to be horrible in Boston.

Good to see the C's play all of Game 2 the way they played the first half of Game 1. Pretty optimistic about this series, and they won't have to worry about Hedo Turkaglo if they get past Cleveland.

Bruins are looking great. They actually improved with Savard's return, and go to Philly with a 2-0 lead. I don't know who I want to win between Pittsburgh and Montreal... On one hand, the Habs are the 8th seed...on the other hand, I know it's going to be a grueling 7-game series...

Comment

How does everyone feel about Ortizs situation right now?

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
        If we do make a move for Adrian Gonzalez, which I hope we try to do, Bucholz will most likely be a part of it. I like him and he is really talented, but if we can ship him and a prospect for a legit slugger I'd be down. I love his ability but the fact is we need power now and he has been really inconsistent, I'd hate to see it end up being a Hanley type of situation but it would make sense now just like the Beckett deal did.
        Hate trading pitchers to the National League. It always looks like you got screwed, because most of them end up being awesome.

As far as power goes, former top ten prospect(in baseball, not just for the Sox) Lars Anderson has been hitting like a monster in AA this year and was recently promoted to Pawtucket. His problem was always that he didn't pull the ball and hit too many grounders for a guy his size, but those numbers have finally corrected themselves. If we don't trade for a power bat, or even if we do, we could get some help from him after the All Star Break.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Sox looked pretty good today, the offense still needs work but Ortiz and Beltre hit bombs. Lackey looked legit and Bard/Papelbon worked the way it is supposed to.

The Bruins are looking nasty right now. One more win and we're in the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in 18 years, this was not supposed to be the year we make it this far.

Comment

Crazy. Hot at the right time. I almost want a loss Friday to keep them playing. A sweep means an awful lot of time off between games.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Beltre driving the ball is a very good sign. He projects very well as a right handed Fenway hitter, so long as he drives the ball. Needs to stop that slap ****. I'll take a batting average thirty points lower for more extra base hits. The team really is firing on all cylinders the past few games. The defense has been better too. Honestly, I'm cautiously optimistic about us after Jocoby and Cameron come back.

We need to ******* do something with Ortiz though. He's been better lately, but why wait for him to be a productive hitter when we have Hermida and Lowell sitting on the bench for him at times? If this was anyone else but Ortiz, he would be gone. We've gone through two years of the same stuff now and it just doesn't cut it when you have to beat two teams for the division/wild card.

Oh, and we might have a norse god arriving to help us soon.

Last edited by ElectricEye; 05-06-2010, 01:54 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                Crazy. Hot at the right time. I almost want a loss Friday to keep them playing. A sweep means an awful lot of time off between games.
                Now Krejci is done for the playoffs along with Sturm. No good.

Comment

That sucks. I didn't see that. I keep forgetting about the time difference and missing half the game. lol

By the time I started watching online it was already 3-1 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd. I saw the empty net goal, though. :D

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Daisuke looked better tonight. He's a guy that takes awhile to get going, like Lester and Beckett. It's always been an adventure with him, but there's been some really good moments too. Hopefully he can get himself right physically and give us some help this season.

Nice to see Hermida come up big again. Really feel like we have something with him. He plays an excellent Fenway left field already and he's still got offensive upside. Nice to have a younger lefty hitter to try to develop. He's got some power potential too, which is nice.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

WTF happened to beckett?
                      One second he was lights out- the other he couldn't control any pitch

It really sucks too when ALL your teams lose on the same day
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Baseball is such a ******* ****** game. Why does anyone like it?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          well at least its a good thing Bekett is earning his money.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Take it back....
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Hey, stop being such a front running douchebag.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Lakcey looked and was, very hittable last night. This really isn't a good trend. The fastball up in the zone is his strikeout pitch right now, but he's also getting slapped around with it at times too. It would be pretty frustrating for him to struggle for a prolonged amount of time. Every year we assemble what is supposed to be the best pitching staff in the league and then fall on our asses.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information