X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Vito
    started a topic Boston Sports Discussion

Boston Sports Discussion

Why not? We have a lot of Sox, Celtics, and Bruins fans on here.

Bruins play game 2 against Philly tonight

Celtics are down 0-1 to the Cavs

Sox are looking shaky now, but that will end when we get Adrian Gonzalez at the deadline

• nepg
    replied
    Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    We've certainly been very fortunate. I'm really amazed with this Red Sox team. To be honest, I wasn't planning on watching a ton of baseball this year. After putting up with the "greatest team ever" puking all over themselves in September and attempting to rationalize the mess we were last season, I just wasn't willing to deal with it anymore. They've really won me over though, even if it took some time. It's still kind of hard to believe we're this good.
    I didn't watch much of the last two years of Red Sox baseball because **** that group of guys. Honestly.

I was on board with this team all the way as soon as they dumped those overpaid douche bags and sacked Valentine. Basically stealing another team's manager isn't the way I like to see things done, but **** the Blue Jays anyway...they didn't learn from the last two Red Sox teams or the Marlins, so they deserved the mess they went through in 2013.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricEye
    replied
    We've certainly been very fortunate. I'm really amazed with this Red Sox team. To be honest, I wasn't planning on watching a ton of baseball this year. After putting up with the "greatest team ever" puking all over themselves in September and attempting to rationalize the mess we were last season, I just wasn't willing to deal with it anymore. They've really won me over though, even if it took some time. It's still kind of hard to believe we're this good.

Leave a comment:

• nepg
    replied
    When's the last season we didn't have a sports team in a final? 2009?

Leave a comment:

• Don Vito
    replied
    Originally posted by nepg View Post
    So the B's have a player in the Top Million in points for the first time in forever (ever?)... That's cool, bro.
    We look amazing right now. Our top six has two of the best lines in hockey, and I love our bottom six guys like Kelly, Paille, Campbell, and Thornton. Horton really hasn't even been playing well if he heats up watch out. Chara has been unbeleivable and the rest of the defense has been solid, I'd like to see more from McQuaid and Boychuk though. Rask looks like he has put last year behind him too.

What's everyone's thoughts on Bobby V?

Leave a comment:

• nepg
    replied
    So the B's have a player in the Top Million in points for the first time in forever (ever?)... That's cool, bro.

Leave a comment:

• Nalej
    replied
    Originally posted by nepg View Post
    Watching the Rays and Yankees go down in flames almost makes up for the epic Sox collapse.
    I second this. After the collapse, these were the best case scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• nepg
    replied
    Watching the Rays and Yankees go down in flames almost makes up for the epic Sox collapse.

Leave a comment:

• nepg
    replied
    Not so much Shoppach's hitting because that's been up and down (I think he would have much better/consistent career numbers if he'd stayed with Boston), but he's been one of the better defensive catchers, and one of the most difficult to run on.

Leave a comment:

• ryno626
    replied
    Bleacher Report says there are rumors in L.A. floating around that if the Dodgers move Either then Boston would be the likely landing spot. Probably would get Reddick and a high pitching prospect in return.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricEye
    replied
    I'll take our current catchers and twilight years Tek over Shoppach. He's gone through stretches where he just can't hit for anything. Two bombs in a playoff game probably isn't happening again for him.

Leave a comment:

• nepg
    replied
    So glad they traded Kelley Shoppach for Coco Crisp when they didn't have any catchers coming through the system and haven't found someone to let Tek stay retired still...

Leave a comment:

• ElectricEye
    replied
    Tito, you can do so much better than this group. Good for you.

Let's all hope and pray we don't get some Buck Showalter wannabe who is going to come in here and try to fix the team. That's a recipe for disaster.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricEye
    replied
    I really want to see some wholesale changes to this team. I'm done with fat(literally), under performing free agents. I wish that didn't mean major changes in management since I like both Theo and Tito....but it probably does. Some of the stuff coming out in the press about why we're at the point we're at is just really, really messy. It's only going to get worse too.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    I think it would be a mistake to get rid of Francona. He's the best manager the Sox have ever had, I think he just struggled to manage the mercenaries we hired effectively. If it's me, I'm jettisoning as many overpriced veterans as possible and trying to build a cohesive team instead of an All-Star team. I'm sick of rooting for the Yankees.

I'd like to see Epstein back in Boston next year, but if I have to pick between Tito and Theo, I'm keeping Tito. Epstein has blown numerous big-money free agent signings (Lugo, Drew, Lackey, Dice-K, Crawford, David Wells, Rent-a-wreck, etc.) and his first championship was won primarily with players Dan Duquette left him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information