No announcement yet.

Draft needs 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than Kerrigan, what pass rushers fit your guys scheme? Von Miller? Justin Houston? Aldon Smith? Akeem Ayers?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Miller is a situational pass rusher in our defense and wouldnt warrant a first round selection, according to patriot reasoning. remember, last year BB said he drafted mccourty because he could play 4 downs. why would he pick miller who would only play 1 or 2 downs a series? Me and ROP are starting to get high on Ayers, we believe he would be tremendous in our system. Houston is def. a possibility as well

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Yeah, Ayers seems like a good fit as well. I have some issues with him though, I'm not sure that he'll be able to consistently pressure the QB. Houston and Aldon Smith should be considered as well. Houston for obvious reasons, Smith because of his physical tools. He should be able to get stronger and learn how to set the edge if we draft him. If he does that I could see him being a McGinnest-like player.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Ayers is a great fit for any team that doesn't want to play football. He's one of the softest linebackers I've ever seen. If he succeeds in the NFL, I will eat my words.

I wouldn't touch Von Miller, Akeem Ayers, or DaQuan Bowers (though Bowers most natural position maybe 34 DE, in spite of what lots of people say)
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            Other than Kerrigan, what pass rushers fit your guys scheme? Von Miller? Justin Houston? Aldon Smith? Akeem Ayers?
            Think out of those guys, Aldon Smith and Justin Houston fit the bill best, Houston being the better of the two for us at this point because he's already a good linebacker. His height will be a big point of interest for us though. If he measures out below 6'3...look out. Sounds silly, but we've shown it time and time again we don't like guys who are short in our scheme.

Ayers is a good fit schematically, but there's some red flags about him as a player as descendency mentioned.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Thanks guys for the answers! Still got one more question though...

If Kerrigan and Dareus are on the board who do you guys pick? Dareus seems to have more value right now but does he fit? Is OLB or DE a bigger need?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                Thanks guys for the answers! Still got one more question though...

If Kerrigan and Dareus are on the board who do you guys pick? Dareus seems to have more value right now but does he fit? Is OLB or DE a bigger need?
                That's tough to say. I've soured on Dareus a lot personally. Doesn't give us what we like in a 3-4 DE, so I would like Kerrigan.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

i think it honestly depends on how the board plays out..... and whether there would still be talent that fits for us around with the 2nd 1st round

Comment

I'd say that we'd go Kerrigan. OLB is a much bigger need and I'm not sure Dareus is what BB is looking for at DE.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Taking the courtesy inch off Dareus, you have to wonder if a 6'3 310 pound guy really fits the bill in terms of what BB wants.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Dareus hardly fits the prototype for what we look for in 3-4 ends, but he is a stud. Freakish talent with experience in the 3-4, the height could be an issue but I do think he is a better fit for the one-gap 3-4's. I do think he could play in our defense though, it just may not be his best fit. Heyward is the best fit for a 3-4 end in our defense out of this class, would love to get him here.

Comment

• JJ Watt is my guy for the 3-4 DE. There's concerns about him translating as he plays 4-3 DE right now, but it's really not all that hard to see for me. He's strong enough at the point of attack and has the ideal body for it. Willing to get he has some of the longer arms in the draft. Plays a bit tall, but that actually plays pretty well into controlling two gaps.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I think Watt is a 4-3 guy personally. Could he play in a 3-4? Probably, but I don't think it is a great fit. My guys right now are Heyward and Crick, they both have everything we look for at end in our defense if you ask me.

Comment

• Crick is another guy I really like. Gun to my head, I'm picking him at this point. I came away extremely impressed with him after the Oklahoma game. Again, a guy with extremely long arms and height, which is important for us. Only concern with him is that he really gets pushed back at times. He's going to have to get stronger and add some weight to play for us.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• i think dareous will be a stud at the next level. i think heyward/crick would be the best fits. id love dareous on our team though, he would have a crazy impact.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information