No announcement yet.

Draft needs 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Dareus bc he could stay on the field in our base D (not his best fit) and our nickel sub packages.
    It's in the sub packages I think he would BEAST! He'd take M.Wright's spot as a pass rusher from the DLine. That would be amazing.
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I just feel like Dareus is made for a Wade Phillips 3-4 as opposed to the BB version of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• No doubt that is his best fit, and honestly I think Heyward would be a better player here, but it would be hard to pass on a talent like Dareus especially when you consider the position is a need and the BB-Saban ties.

Comment

• You guys don't think Dareus would beast in the M.Wright role in our D?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
            You guys don't think Dareus would beast in the M.Wright role in our D?
            I do, but we have a perfectly competent Mike Wright and I wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on a situational player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Well, I think he would be a major upgrade. Like you said, he's competent. I believe Dareus would BEAST. To go along with how much we play our subpackages, he'd essentially be like a starter.
              He can play in that role as he learns slowly how to play in our base D.
              Instant upgrade... I hate to simply rely on Wright too bc when he got injured this year, our pas rush suffered terribly

Comment

• OLB, DE, CB, T, G, C, WR

Positions I would take over a UT/Penetrator in the first/second round.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I agree on OLB/OL. I'm okay with taking Dareus only bc he'll play UT/Penetrator and then will be groomed as a starting DE
                  So he fits that bill.

Again, this is only bc we have so many picks. If BB thinks that he can grab an OLB and some OL help with the next three picks... I'm all for Dareus

Comment

• I just can't see us going for Dareus. He's an electric talent for such a big guy, but he's the exact opposite in what we look for in a DE. Relatively short arms, squat build, not good at holding his ground and eating space. I suppose it boils down to the fact I just don't think he'll ever be a starter in a BB 3-4, at least not an effective one. In a 1 Gap 3-4, he's a top ten pick, but I just don't see the value in taking a part time player with the type of draft pick it will require to take him. Especially with the positions we need to upgrade on offensive and our defensive needs.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I disagree with your assessment of Dareus. Sure, he's a couple inches shorter than what they prefer, but he does an amazing job holding blocks and containing plays. Just watch the Auburn game. They put him in charge of spying Cam Newton, and he single-handedly did a better job at keeping Cam Newton in check than any entire team this season. Dareus can do anything and everything in this defense. He does what he's asked to do. He can be a dominant 3-4 DE, and has the stockiness to do a lot of things at NT as well. He reminds me of Haloti Ngata. Incredibly athletic DL who can do everything.

Comment

• We'll see. I know there's a lot of varying opinions on him and I have personally gone up and down on him a lot. I think at this juncture of the process I would prefer Crick, Watt, Heyward, or Jordan at this point just because I feel like they're safer system wise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information