Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double post...

Comment

I wasn't sure how I felt about JD Drew during the offseason but I am very quickly becoming a fan.

1-0 Sox in the first on a Papi walk, Manny single and Drew double.

Comment

3-0 Sox on a two RBI double by Lowell. \m/

All with two outs in the first. This thread is going to be like.... 200 pages by the end of the season hahaha...

Comment

Beckett is looking good so far, he's just having a hard time with his off-speed pitches, mainly the curve. The Royals aren't doing him any favors by biting at the close ones.

Lowell with two errors in the third. Wow. He's too good for that...

Comment

Yeah, that was odd. He's battling. Hasn't settled in yet, but then again he's not getting the best from the umpire. A few that were called outside looked like strikes through my homer vision. But he's mixing his pitches. That's encouraging.
            Just struck out Alex Gordon.
            Just got out of a jam. Sit down rookie.
            Last edited by ElectricEye; 04-04-2007, 08:32 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

His fastball is looking AMAZING. So much zip and power.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                His fastball is looking AMAZING. So much zip and power.
                Yeah, I thought it was a little weird he didn't try a changeup on the 1-2 count though. But he does have a good fastball tonight.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

He's throwing too many first pitch changes and curves down in the zone and there is no pressure to bite. I agree. Some of that falls on Varitek, thought...

Comment

That's one of the first K's I've ever seen Beckett get on anything besides a fastball :p

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Some of these pitches are just missing, and the ump certainly isn't doing Josh any favors...

Comment

And one pitch at-bats to Sweeney are a good thing haha... as long as it's an out...

Comment

Yeah. I agree with you about the first pitch thing. He's getting down in counts, which makes what he's doing more impressive, battling back and all....but I would like to see him get ahead in the count. It probably has a lot too do with the scouting report out on him right now. Sit on the fastball, and don't swing at any of the breaking stuff. It will probably be like this for his first few starts.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Eh... looks like Beckett is done after five... 94 pitches. I guess it makes sense not to push him...

Comment

Well, guess we're gonna see just how improved our bullpen is. If we get the ball to Pap, we're good. But without Timlin, I'm a bit worried. Hope we can get something going on offense here.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Well one pitch, one out for Javier Lopez. And a broken bat to-boot. Woooord.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information