Boston Celtics Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Celtics Thread

Please tell me I'm not the only one who still cares/watches basketball..
    Anyway, we have a Red Sox thread, and I love my C's despite our current situation. Anyway...
    Doc Rivers offered an extension
    I love it. It's not Doc's fault that we are as bad as we are...we can blame that on Danny Ainge. He has done a great job of developing Al Jefferson and Delonte West, even though it seemed slow at first...he did it the right way.
    Last edited by ElectricEye; 04-09-2007, 12:39 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

I think they just didn't want him to go into a lame duck season.

If we don't get the #1 or #2 pick out of all this, I am going to be pissed. I guess Al Horford would be the guy I want if we can't get Oden or Durant...

Comment

Yeah, that's what sucks about the NBA. If you don't get one of the top picks(which is luck) then your stuck. Oden would really be the best fit, but we're probably going to have to get lucky to get him. Durrant makes sense as well, but that puts the future of Gerald Green in doubt.
      Anyway...I'm not sold on us picking Horford. He's too short to play center in the NBA, and Al Jefferson is going to be the man at power forward. I would look at Hibbert should he come out, since Perkins is looking like a second line guy, and a defensive presence in the middle would probably give us another 5 games next year. Thabeet wouldn't be bad either....he has more upside than Roy, but the drop off in terms of offenses isn't enough to warrant the defensive upside...but hopefully none of this matters and we get Oden or Durrant :).
      Anyway, we're playing Atlanta tomorrow. It's a winable game, unfortunately. This is going to be telling week, in terms of our stance on the draft. After the Hawks, we play the 76'ers, and the Bucks. If we can go 0-3, we'll be in very good shape, with Charlotte winning against Miami last night.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I think they shut down Jefferson for the season. Same with Pierce. Nothing should be "winable" anymore haha...

Comment

I have always been a Celts fan, but the best thing they can get out of this season is a top 2 pick. Hopefully we can get Oden/Durant and one of them would definitely improve Pierce, Al, Perk, Telfair, Gerrald Green, Delonte, Gomes, and the rest of the team (who return for '07-'08).

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            I think they shut down Jefferson for the season. Same with Pierce. Nothing should be "winable" anymore haha...
            Let's hope. Al is a BEAST though. I've seen every game this season. It's amazing how far he has come. Early in the year, he just wasn't in game shape. But now...man. No more of the lay it in stuff. He takes it up strong every time he can now. And he's benefited from it. Playing with Rondo next year will only make him better. It's been nice to see us run with him in.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

More ping pong balls. Gerald Green looked awesome tonight though. Kevinn Pinkney continues to surprise people too. Philly tomorrow at 7:30. They beat Indiana tonight. Both teams are coming off a back to back, but the 76'ers have a lot more to play for.
              Oh, and Durrant entered the draft.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

im a huge fan of the C's but sad tough cause i never get to watch there games ive watched only 8 games this year including last night

Comment

Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
                  im a huge fan of the C's but sad tough cause i never get to watch there games ive watched only 8 games this year including last night
                  Sorry to hear that :(
                  Anyway, we currently have a 38% chance of landing one of the top two picks. Not as high as I'm sure we would all like, but come on. This is the Celtics. The basketball gods and ping pong ball gods MUST care a bit. It won't be fair if something good doesn't happen this draft. Not after the Tim Duncan thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Loss to the 76'ers 102-94.
                    Very important game as far as the lottery goes tomorrow night. Milwaukee Bucs, who have lost four straight, including a 104-98 loss the the Pacers last night that would have really helped us out if they won. Someones streak will end tomorrow night.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Well, it's over. Even though it was a bad year, this will end up being good for us. As Tommy said, we're still young....but now we're experienced. Look out Atlantic in 2008. We're coming for you. Tommy, go bring us back Greg Oden.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

If we get screwed out of a top 2 pick I don't know what I'm gonna do. I detest the lottery system in general, especially after seeing it screw over the Celtics back when we should've got Duncan in '97.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                          If we get screwed out of a top 2 pick I don't know what I'm gonna do. I detest the lottery system in general, especially after seeing it screw over the Celtics back when we should've got Duncan in '97.
                          Some lotteries are rigged. The one with Duncan definitely was. David Robinson was a great player and one of if not the most respected player in the league, but he couldnt win a championship by himself. The one year the Spurs dont make the playoffs, and Robinson goes out for the final 10 games of the year due to injury, and they win? Think about it.

Also look at Cleveland winning the lottery for Lebron, they had no one for a real long time and needed a fanbase, plus with Lebron coming right out of the area it's real good for the media.

The only way Boston doesnt get a top 2 pick is if Stern is real mad about Ainge talking to Durant or whatever he did. They're one of the most marketable teams in the league in a huge market, they need this. Similar to the 76ers, but unfortunately for the fan base and themselves (myself included) they decided to be dumbasses and let guys like Joe Smith and Willie Green win games this year when they have no future with the team. If the 76ers had a bottom 4 record, them and the Celtics would have had the top 2 picks. They used to be a huge rivalry, what would it be like with Oden vs Durant?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                            We need Oden. If for no other reason than to get Perk off the court. It will be very bad if we don't get a top 2 pick....but we can live with it. We're very talented. Anyone who watched the team this year knows it. With Paul, Wally, Al, and Tony Allen healthy next year, we should be at or near the top of the Atlantic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Riotmaker View Post
                              Some lotteries are rigged. The one with Duncan definitely was. David Robinson was a great player and one of if not the most respected player in the league, but he couldnt win a championship by himself. The one year the Spurs dont make the playoffs, and Robinson goes out for the final 10 games of the year due to injury, and they win? Think about it.

Also look at Cleveland winning the lottery for Lebron, they had no one for a real long time and needed a fanbase, plus with Lebron coming right out of the area it's real good for the media.

The only way Boston doesnt get a top 2 pick is if Stern is real mad about Ainge talking to Durant or whatever he did. They're one of the most marketable teams in the league in a huge market, they need this. Similar to the 76ers, but unfortunately for the fan base and themselves (myself included) they decided to be dumbasses and let guys like Joe Smith and Willie Green win games this year when they have no future with the team. If the 76ers had a bottom 4 record, them and the Celtics would have had the top 2 picks. They used to be a huge rivalry, what would it be like with Oden vs Durant?
                              There might be some truth to that. And if there is, David Stern is even worse as a commissioner than I thought he was. Still, just have to hope we get lucky. 38.9% of getting either Oden or Durrant.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information