No announcement yet.

Boston Celtics Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesnt make Stern a bad commissioner, it's better for revenue and things like that. You throw Greg Oden or Kevin Durant on the Celtics or any other big market team, it's a huge deal. You put either on the Bucks, you'll never hear from them again. People outside of Wisconsin couldnt care less about the Bucks, and even then they arent even held in the same breath as the Packers, Brewers and the University of Wisconsin. In Boston people still care about the Celtics, even with the Red Sox and the Patriots and that. There's a long storied history with the Celtics.

I agree on the point that Stern isnt a good commissioner. I dont understand why he tried making a new ball either. Whats the point?

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      We need Oden. If for no other reason than to get Perk off the court. It will be very bad if we don't get a top 2 pick....but we can live with it. We're very talented. Anyone who watched the team this year knows it. With Paul, Wally, Al, and Tony Allen healthy next year, we should be at or near the top of the Atlantic.
      I absolutely agree with you. We have immense talent all over the court, we just need a dominating big man. I really believe the addition of Oden would improve everyone on the Celitcs, especially Big Al and Perk (if we keep both of them). Pierce is a star, we have a bunch of solid players like Gomes, Delonte, Rondo, and Tony Allen; and we also have some top-tier talents who are developing like Gerald Green, Big Al, Perk, and Telfair. Imagine if all of those guys hit their potential, then throw Oden in their? That would be a very good, young team.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
        I absolutely agree with you. We have immense talent all over the court, we just need a dominating big man. I really believe the addition of Oden would improve everyone on the Celitcs, especially Big Al and Perk (if we keep both of them). Pierce is a star, we have a bunch of solid players like Gomes, Delonte, Rondo, and Tony Allen; and we also have some top-tier talents who are developing like Gerald Green, Big Al, Perk, and Telfair. Imagine if all of those guys hit their potential, then throw Oden in their? That would be a very good, young team.
        If all of them were to maxout at the same time, we would win the East. But some of them may never max out.
        But Oden and Al would be....I'm not sure if I even have words to describe how good that would be. We would have two 20/10 guys(Oden might not get 20 right away, but his 15 should hold) going into their primes together. If Al continues to get better, I'm not sure if a team ever had two young big men of their caliber.
        As for the rest of the guys, Gomes is great. It's amazing how much he's expanded his game. I remember last year when he started playing....and you look at him now...and he's just so much better. He came into the league without a jumper, and no range. And while I don't want to see Ryan Gomes taking 3's all that often, still, it's just another thing we have should be need it. As for Delonte, I'm not as high on him as some people seem to be. He's not a great shooter(although he's very good) nor a point guard. On a championship caliber team, he's probably a very good 6th man. Rondo is a guy I like a lot. He's the best thing that happened to us this season besides Al becoming a beast. We're built to run. Paul, Al, Delonte, and Gerald all would benefit from us running. And that's Rondo's game. If he can do that and play great on-ball defense, Tommy said he would be an Allstar, and believe every word that's ever come out of Tom Heinsohn's mouth. Tony Allen played great in November and early December, but he has yet to prove he can stay healthy for an entire season. If he can, we have a lock down defender with a plus offensive game. Gerald was another major plus this year. He was better than I expected him to be. One thing that he really showed was his ability as a shooter. Even though he was a bit streaky, when he was on, he was deadly. He has all the talent in the world, and if he keeps working on his game, he'll be a star. All of that, and that's not even getting into the great things we've seen out of Leon Powe and Allen Ray down the stretch.
        Having said all that, one thing that worries me is that we may be a bit to talented. Everywhere you look we have young players. But how does all of that fit into a playoff run? We're talented...and as a core, I think we have a great bunch of guys...but will they accept and embrace their roles? Will Delonte be comfortable if he gets pushed to the bench because of Rondo? Will Paul Peirce mind sharing some shots with Gerald Green? Where does Szczerbiak fit into all of this? Wheres the best place for Tony Allen? After all, he only started playing well when he was starting. What are we going to do with Telfair? But these are good problems to have. Still, it's something to think about. Anyway...
        May 22 is going to be a huge day for us. Assuming the Basketball God's(David Stern)smile on us, and we get Oden or Durrant, the team next year could take two very different looks. I'll type up some early projected lineups tomorrow, and get into what we would look like as a team....and most importantly...the record I think we would end up with.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

if we dont get a top 2 pick ill be mad but i could live with it. as long as we stay in the top 4 im happy cause i would love to get in this order

1. Greg Oden
          2. Kevin Durant
          3. Al Horford
          4. Julian Wright

Comment

I really love everything Paul has done with the team and all. But if we get the second pick overall and Oden is gone like he should be, the chocie is Durant. Now with adding Durant and he will be playing SF that not only kicks someone out of the lineup but should be traded. I think that they should keep Green, hes really developed this year. Remmber if he was in college he would be going into his junoir year so hes still very young. Although i love Green I dont think he can be the Paul Pierce (20 points a game. big time scorer) but can be a solid SF/SG. So i think Pierce has to go, trade him for a solid center, or a draft pick.

Draft Durant
            Trade Pierce for a Center

Lineup
            PG: Rondo
            SG: Green
            SF: Durant
            PF: Big Al
            C: (For Pierce)

And the bench is solid led by West and Perk

If and when Danny gets a lineup like this you keep it. No more trading or siging ree agents to clog up playing time for the youngsters. These starters have a lot of potential and could turn into Detroit if he keeps it.

Comment

I'm not sure I would trade Peirce that easily. If we can get a mega deal for him, sure, but that's taking a step back. Basically, we would be handing the franchise to a kid who might never live up to the billing..
              Anyway, Telfair pulled a Pacman today. We need to get rid of him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Ya but I think Durant can be an instance impact player. And Im predicting that Big Al progress again and becomes a franchise player.
                Also that would be Doc's dream team i believe. Not Paul and 4 other guys. 5 player who can all score and 3 players that can really run the fastbreak that Rivers dreams about.

I no that the Telifar trade was a salary dumper but comeon. We had a chance to get Brandon Roy or Randy Foye. Both players had an instant impact this year and we wouldnt have lost as many games as we did. We basicly dumped salary and got a 3rd string pg instead of a future all star guard for a long time.

Pray for number 1 or 2. Or you watch another losing season, not the second worst team in the league like last year but not sucessful

Comment

Also I dont think Durant and Big Al can score to their potental with Paul on the floor with them.

Comment

Just on the Lottery being fixed topic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TgJE7C5wiU

Pretty strong evidence there.

Comment

I agree with you about Al, but I'm still just not sold on trading Paul. I agree that it will never be Doc's team with Paul around, but that's because he's been our franchise player. While it's probably to late to get Oden or Durrant and hope on Paul carrying us to a championship, he's still the difference in games. Trading him could be disastrous, and have us right back in the lottery next year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I agree that trading Pierce could led us to the same postion this year (injury or Durant doesnt produce) but if we dont trade Pierce and get Durant we probably will make the playoffs but only as an 8 or 7. But to me that just isnt good enought, 8 or 7 seed is as good as a top ten pick in my mind. Also if we dont trade him, more problems will occur, it will stop the growth of big al not becoming the franchise player and Green or Durant will have to sit the bench. To me if we trading Pierce is the best option for the rest of the developing players.

I no you cant turn back time, but danny should has cleaned out the franchise and got draft picks, instead we are slowing trading older players and getting some picks.

Comment

we need Oden, nobody wins championships without a good big man at center. Look at Dallas they got a Durant clone in Dirk but they lost to Shaq Deisel. Greg Oden is this franchises only hope.

Comment

Anyone know when the lotery is? Anyone know when the draft is?

Comment

Never mind found it, just for everyone to see

May 22 NBA Draft Lottery
                              May 29 NBA Pre-Draft Camp begins
                              June 18 Deadline for early entrants to withdraw
                              June 28, 2007 NBA DRAFT !

Comment

Yeah, 21 days away from one of the biggest days in recent Celtics history.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information