Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes they are unproven, and they have never played a single down in the nfl. i dont know how u can rely on them that much to be honest with you

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• and yes, a rookie is unproven too. but they wont have an injury history (most likely) that would compare to that of crables. and a torn acl to mckenzie is a serious injury, and you won't know whether he will be the same. HUGE question marks.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
        We are getting Shawn Crable and Tyrone McKenzie back, hopefully. I don't think linebackers are that big of a need.

I do think a guard or tackle is though. Jared Veldheer could play RT and probably RG (He's 6'9, 330...).
        I'll put some stock in McKenzie because he was legitimately injured and I loved that draft pick, but Crable was put on the IR because he wasn't good enough to make the 53-man, but they wouldn't be able to keep him on the practice squad...2 years in a row. Kind of reminds me of Cedric Cobbs.

I don't think ILB is a draft need. I like Guyton and McKenzie, and the other ILB spots should go to veterans (FAs & probably Seau again since he still plays well in the role they've had him in).

OG is a huge need, OT is a need that they can't really address as aggressively as they might like. They need to give Light as many opportunities to keep a spot on that line (move him to RT) before they try to replace him. They do need to draft another developmental prospect at OT, though.

I do like Veldheer a lot. He's lean (he's listed at 321, but doesn't look over 290), strong, and has a very athletic build. Another option is Sam Young. He needs a lot of coaching, and needs time to be coached and developed. The Pats have time to develop him and have an amazing coach and a great group of linemen to help him along. He didn't get the coaching he needed at Notre Dame, but he stayed in shape, and that will go a long way for him as he transitions to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          I'll put some stock in McKenzie because he was legitimately injured and I loved that draft pick, but Crable was put on the IR because he wasn't good enough to make the 53-man, but they wouldn't be able to keep him on the practice squad...2 years in a row. Kind of reminds me of Cedric Cobbs.
          OUCH if true. I don't know why they would keep him though. What's the point in keeping a guy who isn't good enough to be on the 53 man roster?
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Because they used a 2nd Round pick on him, and are going to give him another go next training camp.

Comment

• We can't rely on Crable at all. He literally hasn't done ****. It's laughable to me that people somehow think he's going to come along and save our pass rush. If he were going to do it, he would have done it already. We haven't heard anything about him from the front office either. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he were let go before the start of next year. We don't need projects and maybes. We need answers. Without a doubt, biggest, biggest need we have. Has been ever since Vrabel started slowing down.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                We can't rely on Crable at all. He literally hasn't done ****. It's laughable to me that people somehow think he's going to come along and save our pass rush. If he were going to do it, he would have done it already. We haven't heard anything about him from the front office either. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he were let go before the start of next year. We don't need projects and maybes. We need answers. Without a doubt, biggest, biggest need we have. Has been ever since Vrabel started slowing down.
                100% agree with this statement. For me Crable is a pass rushing Chad Jackson. Every year he is gonna break though but has done nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut in training camp

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Yup. I'm not counting on Crable making the team after TC either. He would have to be absolutely dominant in all the camp and pre-seaspn games, then he might stand a chance. I was very glad that we drafted him two years ago, I thought he was a very good prospect. Both those skinny legs just don't seem to hold up against bigger players. He does have the talent though, and if we end up cutting him some other team (ie. Jets, Dolphins, Browns) will just pick him up and turn him into a star. I would hate that.. Another guy I'll be following closely this offseason is Tyrone McKenzie. I thought he was a really good pick last year, and he'll definetly get a shot at proving himself in TC. My bet is that he'll take over as a starter during next season barring injuries or BB drafting Spikes/McClain.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                  I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• I agree with the above. I also liked Crable out of college but has shown nothing so far and I have seen/heard nothing to expect anything.
                    Hopefully McKenzie can recover... my only issue is... is he a true thumper bc that's what we need next to Mayo
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I don't know if he's a thumper, I think he played OLB in college but not quite sure of that. Maybe BB will draft Tebow to play ILB.. :D

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                        We are getting Shawn Crable and Tyrone McKenzie back, hopefully. I don't think linebackers are that big of a need.

I do think a guard or tackle is though. Jared Veldheer could play RT and probably RG (He's 6'9, 330...).
                        Crable definitely seems like he's part of the "stash him on IR" game that BB likes to play. The guy has done nothing, shown little and is definitely hovering over the chopping block.

Which leaves us with Tully as the only legit threat at OLB for us heading into 2010. Not a good situation for us. We're so weak at LB that 2 OLBs in the draft would be fantastic.

We have to fill big holes at OLB, RG and C.

We need depth/help at DE, ILB and WR.

DE is the big question mark, I think. Seymour left a gaping hole and I saw nothing from anyone on the roster currently that showed we have a legitimate replacement for him. It's possible that Brace/Pryor/Adams? could make a push through OTA/Mini-camp but I doubt it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• It's good to get a consensus opinion on the failure of Crable. It's only been two years, and I was soooo excited about his athleticism when we drafted him, but if he was going to do something at this point he already would have done it.

As far as DE's go, yeah, there's some major concerns there about overall talent. We have great depth there, but not much else. I really loved what I saw out of Myron Pryor last year though. Not only was he able to control gaps, but he also got really major penetration on running situations.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'll take your word for it on what you saw. I am generally chasing my 1.5 year old son around all day on Sundays b/c the missus is working so my game viewing is somewhat limited. I get all the games and plays in but don't have 100% attention on the details.

. . . but the Ravens game . . . ouch. It says alot about our talent at DE when Wilfork is moved to the outside in the second half. That wasn't the first time in the 09 season, either. IIRC, he slid out to DE a few times throughout the season with Wright inside.

Comment

• That was more something we were trying early in the season. That really stopped after that. More of a matchup thing than anything if I remember correctly. It was rather strange though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Green was benched and Vince played the majority of the second half at DE vs. the Ravens. That's really the root of my concern for the DE position. Though it probably is more of a reflection on the Ravens Oline and Jarvis than the young guys. Still, the young guys were passed over in favor of moving Vince to the outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information