Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By "OK", Vince is talking about the overall money. For one year, it's great, but he wants a long-term deal with about 4 to 5 times the guaranteed money he'd get with a franchise tag. When you look at it that way, you can see why he said it's only "OK".

Comment

• Pay the damn man. He's the centerpiece on a rebuilding D. Need to have him happy.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
      like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
        Pay the damn man. He's the centerpiece on a rebuilding D. Need to have him happy.

Trust me- if it was up to me he'd have his fat contract already
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• So my quick math calculations based on Fat Albert's contract were wrong, I guess. From the link Nalej provided:

"If the Patriots and Wilfork don't agree on a contract extension by late February, the team is expected to place the franchise tag on Wilfork. That figure would be $7.003 million."

So it wouldn't even be moving up to $7.5 million.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
            See I've always been on the players side when they want more money.
            Wilfork made 1.5 million last year as the best NT in the game...
            last year- tell me how much money Robert Kraft made?
            The players fill the seats and with their play get the team merchandise sold.
            1.5 Million is a lot but how big of a piece of that pie is it?
            If I perfermed a job that made my employer million/billions of dollars
            you best believe I will not accept a 50K/yr salary... makes no sense

With that said- I did raise my eyebrow when he said the franchise tag is "ok" money but I think Elvis got it right when he said it would probably take slightly above that with a nice signing bonus to seal the deal.
            He's already said he doesn't want a A.Haynesworth type of contract.
            ... and after honoring his rookie contract- its the Pats turn to honor him back with a contract he deserves
            Haha. And I always side with the owners, so I'm not sure that we'll end up agreeing on this. :) I don't care how muck money my employer makes, and I sure as hell don't bring up that topic when negotiating my salary. Never have, never will. It shouldn't be a factor, and yet somehow it is. The system as it is i F'ed up, and it needs to be changed. There is no other industry where the employer pays out 60% of their revenue to their employees, it's just not good business. And don't forget, I agree that he needs to be signed. But I stille think it's just pure greed when the players ask for this kind of money, and I don't like it. I respect the way WV has handled himself during his time in Boston, but I don't like what I'm hearing from him now. And Samuel should just ****.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• The thing is, the Pats and everyone else are waiting to see what exactly happens with the CBA. No one is going to get signed until then.

Comment

• So did anyone read the thread started the other day here on the 8 playoff teams this year arent allowed to sign any UR free agents? I may have read it wrong, but that'd be lame.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• ^ Yes. They can only sign guys to contracts equal to that of the Players they lose in FA. Pretty screwy since the good players will be gone in the first few days so they'll have little chance to sign any top talent once their own guys signs elsewhere.

But the owners knew it would be the case so they should have pushed a little harder for a deal if they don't like it.

Comment

• cut and moved to draft thread.

delete post if'n some mod/admin type feels inclined to do so . . .
                    Last edited by FlyingElvis; 02-01-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• As far as OLBs go- I really dont care who we get.
                      Graham, Hughes, JPP, Kindle- all ballers. All are welcomed in NE.

Gilyard is a baller but I don't see what he brings to the table that's any different then Tate. I understand he's recovering from injury but I say we give him a shot. If we bring in a WR I'd prefer a Benn/Lafell type to compliment the current WRs on the roster

L.Blount- Love him. Would love to snatch him with our 4th if we don't grab Spiller or Best before that.

D.McCluster- another guy I'd love to see in NE. I think we'd use him in ways that would make us smile and every other team in the league cry. He's a monster... a little one

I'm not on the Arenas bandwagon and don't know too much about McCourty but if Bodden isn't resigned then I can see us snatch a CB.
                      Hopefully it isn't too early though. We have other needs that should take precedence

J.Ford- late round flyer. We need to upgrade our return game. He'd potentially do wonders

Comment

• ^lol. Sorry man. I realized after posting that it made more sense in the draft thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          So did anyone read the thread started the other day here on the 8 playoff teams this year arent allowed to sign any UR free agents? I may have read it wrong, but that'd be lame.
                          So the Pats are not among those 8, right? Losing to Baltimore will probably end up being a long-term boon.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                            So the Pats are not among those 8, right? Losing to Baltimore will probably end up being a long-term boon.

Correct. Lets hope so.
                            If any good could come of losing in the Playoffs- let it be this

Comment

• I'm just hoping its not the top seeds, and who actually advanced.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• It is the final 8 teams in the tournament.

Indy & New Orleans
                                Jets & Vikings
                                Ravens, Cards, Chargers & Cowboys

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information