Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see only two teams who would possibly trade a 1st and 2nd for him. Miami desperately need a NT and Wilfork said he'd love to play in Florida but would BB trade him within the division???

The other team being Denver. They need a big run stuffer up front and if McDaniels doesn't like the players in the draft he may pull the trigger. This is a possibility but I think there will be enough players in the draft to satisfy the Broncos.

Other teams with interest would be TB and KC who won't give up the 3rd or 5th pick respectively(not that BB would want it), Buffalo are also in the division, Jacksonville don't have the picks to have the luxury of going after VW, SF are more likely to tag Franklin, and SDs picks are that late in the round a 1st and a 2nd is almost a 2nd and a 3rd.

If he's going to be traded after tagged my money is on Denver, but who knows maybe Al Davis will offer his whole draft plus Nnamdi for him.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Through the 2010 and 2011 drafts we have

3 first round picks &

4 second round picks

What we need is Vince ******* Wilfork. What we don't need is more "potential" in the form of young guys who have a truckload of learning to do before they can contribute anywhere close to the level V-Weazy is at - if they can ever reach that level at all.

Over 2 rounds since 07 we have acquired a great deal of talent. We need to keep some of the veteran talent around to help them succeed.

2009: Chung, Butler, Brace, Vollmer
      2008: Mayo, Wheatley
      2007: Merriweather

We'll likely add at least 3 more this year and 3 more next year for a total of 13 young, talented prospects over 4 years. That is a crazy influx of talent. It is also a crazy influx of clueless rookies who (especially on defense) need time and coaching to become consistent contributors. Guys like Guyton, McKenzie, Tate and Wilhite should be mentioned, too, which brings us to a staggering total of nearly 20 young players in a 4 year span.

Add to that the fact that we keep losing coordinators and other coaches and you see how the situation has devolved to where we are now. We have lost all the vets in a short time and all the coaches who have helped BB develop that talent.

We really need to keep the veteran leaders. Especially young(ish) studs like Wilfork and Mankins.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Well said. Pay VW already.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post

What we need is Vince ******* Wilfork. What we don't need is more "potential" in the form of young guys who have a truckload of learning to do before they can contribute anywhere close to the level V-Weazy is at - if they can ever reach that level at all.

We really need to keep the veteran leaders. Especially young(ish) studs like Wilfork and Mankins.
          Very much this. There's knowing when to let go and letting go too soon. Letting Mankins and Wilfork walk would be a big, big mistake.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Mankins can't walk. He'll get RFA tagged or Franchise tagged. Wilfork (and others like Peppers) needs to look around the league...no team is talking to any players until they know whether it'll be an uncapped year or not.

Comment

• The RFA rules, especially with the whole CBA arguement going on now really worry me. I think if Kraft wants to go deep in his pockets we could steal some real talent from some of the smaller teams, here's looking at D'qwell Jackson in Cleveland, Jerious Norwood in Atlanta, Bo Scaife in Tennessee etc. Not that those teams are small market in that sense but wont want to spend big to retain those types of players. But Oakland, Dallas etc may want to make the big splash and offer VW something that the Patriots arent willing to match.

Comment

• No thanks on Norwood. He's injured more often than Maroney.

I'm very curious to see how the FA pool goes this year. But until we hit the March 1 deadline it's just a complete mess of guys who may or may not fall under the RFA clause b/c they haven't been in the league long enough.

I think we will see a record number of teams using both the franchise and transition tags this year. That way the original team has the right to match the top salary. I fully expect us to use both - one on Wilfork and the other on Mankins - assuming we don't get either extended over the next week or two.

Tag costs: Franchise, Transition - taken from this site.
                Note the Offensive Line category . . . is that right? Do they not break out position for Oline? Big difference between C/G/T pay scales.

CORNERBACK: $9.566 million, $8.056 million

DEFENSIVE END: $12.398m, $10.193m

DEFENSIVE TACKLE: $7.003m, $6.353m

LINEBACKER: $9.680m, $8.373m

OFFENSIVE LINE: $10.731m, $9.142m

PUNTER/KICKER: $2.814m, $2.629m

QUARTERBACK: $16.405m, $14.546m

RUNNING BACK: $8.156m, $7.151m

SAFETY: $6.455m, $6.011m

TIGHT END: $5.908m, $5.248m

WIDE RECEIVER: $9.521m, $8.651m

Comment

• I wasnt necessarily saying I wanted him just sorta throwing names out there. I actually think he would ok though. He wouldnt be asked to do what Maroney did, just kinda take over from Faulk

Comment

• What is the date for the franchise tag? I know it's this month . . . Feb 28th?

The CBA expires March 1 if no new agreement is reached.

So basically we will know everything we need to know about free agency, franchise tags and transition tags by the beginning of next month, right?

Comment

• I think its the 25th Feb but dont quote me on it. Yea should be all clear by the time the combines finished anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                        I wasnt necessarily saying I wanted him just sorta throwing names out there. I actually think he would ok though. He wouldnt be asked to do what Maroney did, just kinda take over from Faulk
                        Gotcha. I want us to try and pry Chester Taylor from the Vikes. He shouldn't be crazy expensive at his age and he can do it all. He also fits the bill when it comes to our penchant for grabbing veteran rushers.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                          I think its the 25th Feb but dont quote me on it. Yea should be all clear by the time the combines finished anyway
                          It's definitely in the 20s. I remember seeing the date in one of the Wilfork articles. How sad is it that NFL.com is that difficult to navigate to find the answer? Even a search on the NFL site only brings up article about Peppers and a whole bunch of other crap that doesn't answer the simple question of "what is the tag deadline."

Comment

• Yea Taylor would prob be my favourtie back in FA, except for maybe Leon Washington but after his injury and the fact he's a Jet I dont see that happening. Taylor's 30 too so shouldnt be too expensive

Comment

• This is one of the reasons why my new most hated NFL analyst is Bucky Brooks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

The Good-Can't argue, Brady coming back healthy is by far the best thing that could happen to this franchise and being a further year removed this year should be even better.

The Bad-Moss' lacklustre display??? Way to jump on the bandwagon Bucky. I suppose it doesn't matter that the guy had a separated shoulder since week 5. Moss has never been the type of guy who completely busts his butt on every play but as the best CB in the last 10 yrs, Champ Bailey, says that's his best attribute. Once you think he's dogging it, bam he sprints right by you and burns you deep.

The Ugly-The decision to go for 4th and 2 vs the Colts and ultimately failing. This has been debated and debated by everyone who watches football. If it's successful the call gets celebrated for like a day then gets forgotten. Quick question, what about Sean Payton calling a 4th and goal play against the Colts and failing. What if the onside kick doesnt work??? Payton is being called a genius and while he may be this just demonstrates balls. I'd prefer my coach to have a set of balls to try these things. If this call kept the Pats from the playoffs or from winning the division then maybe we'll talk more.

Next season
                              -Welker being hurt and Moss' decline means the AFC East rivals may pass by the Pats. Defensive inconsistency has prompted BB to take more to do with the defense.

Thanks Bucky for the great analysis. However next time maybe think about mentioning the lack of pass rush somewhere and not throwing up two ******** issues like Moss and one call in a regular season game.

Comment

• Hahaha! Tell us how you really feel . . .

I agree there are better candidates for The Bad and The Ugly. Oline and pass rush, respectively, come to mind. The 4th down call is, and should remain, a moot point. However, Bucky's a media ***** and, like all media whores, can't pass up a chance to bash The Hoodie. Bucky should hop in a car with Solomon Wilcots at the bottom of the ocean.
                                Last edited by FlyingElvis; 02-12-2010, 03:29 PM. Reason: my reasons are my own

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information