Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about trades for Moss? He is in the last year of his deal and clearly understands that he won't be back next year. He was a NON factor in the playoffs. Would NE be willing to let him go much like Seymour was let go last year? I don't think you can command a #1 for Moss but a #2 would be more then you spent to get him and he gave you a ton of production and your not losing anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
      What about trades for Moss? He is in the last year of his deal and clearly understands that he won't be back next year. He was a NON factor in the playoffs. Would NE be willing to let him go much like Seymour was let go last year? I don't think you can command a #1 for Moss but a #2 would be more then you spent to get him and he gave you a ton of production and your not losing anything.
      Doubt we let Moss go. Doubt it, doubt it, doubt it. Just doesn't make any sense. Brady would NOT be cool with that. At this point in both of their careers, accumulating numbers is a bit more of a factor than it was before. Plus we're most likely a playoff team next year. Doesn't make any sense to do that at all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
        What about trades for Moss? He is in the last year of his deal and clearly understands that he won't be back next year. He was a NON factor in the playoffs. Would NE be willing to let him go much like Seymour was let go last year? I don't think you can command a #1 for Moss but a #2 would be more then you spent to get him and he gave you a ton of production and your not losing anything.
        Yea as ElectricEye said I doubt that happens. Despite being nearly gauranteed to get 1000yds and double digit TDs there is a stigma attached to Randy Moss that will stop teams giving up a high pick for him. I would be seriously surprised if a team offered more than a 4th for him

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• No way to we give away Moss after the Welker injury. Brady would have no one to throw to again and I dont want that happening again. As for VW, I think if the Pats really are trying to work out a long term deal it will or should be done soon, otherwise I dont see it happening.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Think we'll know within a week or two how this is going to go. I think we planned on doing this all along. We don't seem to really negotiate over a long period of time. This keeps Wilfork off the open market and provides a more focused platform to negotiations.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I don't see Vince's comments about the tag affecting his ability to sign here long term. None of that stuff was over the line or overly negative about the team/coaches/FO. It all comes down to whether they can meet on a price and duration.

I don't see any chance it gets done before the March 5 uncapped deadline. They will sit on it and likely see if they get offers and what kind of contracts start getting thrown around to other franchised/FA players.

Hopefully he is signed. We have enough picks this year and next, plus a bunch of young talent from the last few years. We really need the experience VW brings to the table. He can make up for a fair amount of rookie/youthful mistakes in the LB core.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Good article on it all;
                http://www.nesn.com/2010/02/history-...e-wilfork.html

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Ha! I almost used that one as the link in the "Franchise Tag" thread.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I would probably trade Moss if they could get a reasonably high pick for him, but we'd definitely have to replace him with someone else. A physical guy like T.O. or Antonio Bryant would be nice.

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I don't want to give one of the best nose tackles of the decade away for anything. Please get the deal done Front Office.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        Apparently his grades were a big issue and USM guaranteed that he'd be on the field as a freshman. I know quite a few people here who went to Ocean Springs HS and they say the only reason he isn't playing for a BCS conference school is that he wouldn't have qualified. Don't know how that worked for him at USM, but it did.
                        USM is a step sideways from GCCC, plus 2 years...

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                          USM is a step sideways from GCCC, plus 2 years...
                          MGCCC puts out some nice talent for a JUCO, fatass Terrence Cody came out of there a few years ago and Ole Miss got 2 4 star guys from there this year. Brown wanted to play D1 right away so he got his wish.

The Raiders better suck next year, all signs point to that happening but if they don't I will be so pissed. I want one of those big time wideouts but who else do you guys see as possibilities if we get a top 5-10 pick? Maybe Locker?

Comment

• Jake Locker is the one quarterback I wouldn't mind drafting this year or next year. Besides that though? Hard to tell at this point. Really just hoping for a huge, fast wide receiver to mitigate Randy aging/leaving. Next year is ******* crazy talented at the position, like 2005 baseball outfield class talented, to use a cross sports analogy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• hmmm I have been really thinking and I have come up with a very strong opinion. I think the Patriots are going to target these four players in round 1:

1. Kindle
                              2. Spiller
                              3. Pouncey
                              4. Iupati

I personally think the Patriots might be willing to trade up a little bit in order to secure Kindle. I know thats not our usual thing, but I think Bill will love the idea of Kindle rushing the passer and taking his advantage of his athletic prowess.

If they select Spiller, I think they will keep the 22nd to pick him. I dont think they would trade up for him.

Pouncey is interesting. I think the Patriots will fall in love with his versatility. I think they will either trade down a few spots in order to pick Pouncey, or they will trade up from the second round back into the first to pick him (least likely).

Iupati is a guy I think the Patriots would view as a backup plan if they do not get Pouncey. I think they would do the same things for Iupati, like Maurkice, in terms of acquiring him.

What do you think?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Realistically trying to predict what BB is going to do is so hard. We assumed last year if Oher, Maualuga, Brown, Matthews etc fell he would pull the trigger on one of them. Experts like Mayock almost gauranteed they would take Butler at 23. So as of now it really is up in the air. Historically looking at the draft strategy they employ then you would imagine the pick would be O-line, D-line or TE. However they said he never took a DB in the first until Merriweather and he never took a LB until Mayo. If I was to guess right now I would say either Kindle or one of the interior linemen in the first barring any trade scenarios.

As for the Raiders pick next year. How bout a secondary of Butler, Merriweather, Chung and Patrick Peterson

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information