This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EHobbs27
    Yeah good call. If I was a head coach I would take Rodney as my D-Coordinator anyday.

Yeah Rodney is by far my favorite person I have ever met. I had a long talk with him and he was just so cool. It was at the mall and he and Rosie Colvin showed up to sign auto's and there was no one there. The people said I could only get 1 thing autographed and I had a tough decision to make because it was either my Rodney picture that I bought or my jersey. He called me over and told me he didn't care for the people running it and said he would sign both things. I thought it was awesome. we had a long talk. It was a great time.
    Thats a cool story! I think he'd make a good D-coordinator too, at the very least a positional coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
    thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
    Michael Griffin #27

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
    the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.

Comment

• romo sucks. We would have had the #20 pick if he could hold the f'n ball. Whatever, all that matters is the Jets game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito
        romo sucks. We would have had the #20 pick if he could hold the f'n ball. Whatever, all that matters is the Jets game.
        Oh i know what u mean! every time i see him play he fumbles. I had no idea the seahawk's pick would be that low.

P.S DILLON TD! then banta-cain sack!

Michael Griffin #27

Comment

• San Diego next week, should be great. CBS interviewed Merriman at halftime of the Pats game and it seemed like he vastly underestimates NE. He said the Jets would win today and he said he will be doing the lights out dance a few times next week.

Comment

• Asante is hot stuff right now. I think we can pretty much accept that he isn't going to be here next season unless the pats open up their wallet a little more. I read this on the boston.com website:

"We've talked to them about a new contract," Samuel said. "What they offered isn't even worth discussing.
            If he decides to go for the huge $'s elsewhere, CB should immediately become our #1 need on draft day.

Michael Griffin #27

Comment

• No way. He's not gone. Franchise tag.

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

• damn we have to face the chargers

Comment

• Originally posted by alca1992
                  damn we have to face the chargers
                  Yeah man, should be an awesome game. I really think Chad Jackson is gonna step it up against the chargers and make some great deep catches.

Also, does anyone think Rodney will be ready to go? he was able to walk off the field on his own and will have had 2 weeks to recuperate. I don't want him to rush it but we really need him for this game.

Michael Griffin #27

Comment

• I don't think Rodney will be available for the game. This is going to be a BIG test for both Sanders and Hawkins as they will have to stick with Gates. Hopefully Hawkins doesn't cover the way he did on Cotcherys.

I think it is going to be the toughest test for the secondary this playoffs. Hobbs has shown that he can not handle the bigger WR's well and may have to stick with Vincent Jackson and I really think our safties may have trouble with Gates. Hopefully our D-line plays the way we did against the Jets.

I would love to see Chad have a game similar to Gaffney.

Comment

• What are the chances you guys re-sign Asante Samuel? I mean he's perfect for you guys but when's the last time Belichek and Co. re-signed a big-name FA?
                      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• We will beat San Diego if we are able to contain the outside pass rush (via Merriman and Phillips) that is the surefire key to our offensive success next weekend

And on defense it is obvious that we have to stuff LT, but we cannot take there passing game lightly or it will be Rivers to Gates all day

Comment

• Originally posted by EHobbs27
                          I don't think Rodney will be available for the game. This is going to be a BIG test for both Sanders and Hawkins as they will have to stick with Gates. Hopefully Hawkins doesn't cover the way he did on Cotcherys.

I think it is going to be the toughest test for the secondary this playoffs. Hobbs has shown that he can not handle the bigger WR's well and may have to stick with Vincent Jackson and I really think our safties may have trouble with Gates. Hopefully our D-line plays the way we did against the Jets.

I would love to see Chad have a game similar to Gaffney.
                          The Chargers are going to watch the game film and see that Artrell Hawkins is one of the weaknesses of our defence. His speed is a concern to me because when he and Vrabel were chasing Cotchery, Hawkins had a good 5-10 yard head start but Vrabel almost out run him. Sanders almost made the stop at the 1 yard line but he had to come from the other side of the field. I have no doubt that Artrell can put the big hit on and his tackling is excellent, but i'm afraid they will attack him deep, especially with Gates.

Dean Pees definitely has a big job of game planning this week with LT, Antonio Gates and the deep threat of their receivers to worry about. Putting pressure on Phillip Rivers is crucial and the play of the trenches is what is going to win this game. If the D-line cant shut down the run, and rush Rivers, the pressure then gets put on our Safeties and this scares me.

Michael Griffin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9
                            What are the chances you guys re-sign Asante Samuel? I mean he's perfect for you guys but when's the last time Belichek and Co. re-signed a big-name FA?
                            I know what you are talking about nvot. Asante is having a spectacular season and this is continuing into the playoffs. Everyone is aware of the way Belichick and Pioli handle their business. The fact that they have left it this long to re-sign him is an early sign that he is just going to be another fan favorite castoff. I think the pats will try and sign him long term, or possibly use the franchise tag on him as Handle said before.

Michael Griffin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by 255979119
                              We will beat San Diego if we are able to contain the outside pass rush (via Merriman and Phillips) that is the surefire key to our offensive success next weekend

And on defense it is obvious that we have to stuff LT, but we cannot take there passing game lightly or it will be Rivers to Gates all day
                              I agree that containing Merriman is one of our biggest concerns on offence. Brady will always have an eye on him, and will call the right protections to give him enough time to go through his progressions. I think they will try and keep the ball on the ground though. Our depth at running back is incredible when compared to the receiving group. A good rotation at RB will run the clock and control the game. This is another key to the success of the offence.

Michael Griffin #27

Comment

• Scott Pioli turned down an offer from the Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information