At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• haha nice pic
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Rex Ryan responded to Brady: "I don't like Brady."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...Tom-Brady.html

Great stuff. Brady says something he's said before Ryan was there about the organization, and Ryan makes it personal. I love it. More fuel, baby. More fuel! September 19th will go down in history.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• The Patriots offense will be back to normal this year.

Their collection of tight ends is sick, not only do they have Crumpler but they add two amazing rookies in Gronkowski and Hernandez. Both are great pass catching tight ends and Gronkowski provides a lot of size and potential as a run blocker as well. Brady is going to have a wonderful season with those two. Especially since Welker is back, and even if he cannot stay healthy Tate has potential to be a big play receiver and Edelman proved what he can do last season. Shoot totally forgot about Taylor Price, another real standout rookie

Ok so you got:

WR Moss, Welker, Edelman, Tate, Price and Aiken potentially. That is as good as any team, especially if Price and Tate play up to their potential.

TE Crumpler, Gronkowski and Hernandez, as good as any roster by far.

Much less the offensive line, Vollmer has a year under his belt and he should be a fine pass protector. The rest of the starters are solid and Ted Larsen and LeVoir are decent backups projects ontop of that.

The running game is finally ok as well, Fred Taylor is a great veteran to have and Maroney should continue his fine improved play off last season. And if that does not work Green-Ellis has show he is more than just a backup.

Patriots should have a fine season, really impressive and deep looking roster, far better and more dangerous than last season.

Defensively is the only question mark, slightly improved defensive line but was filled with washed up former stars in Lewis and Warren. Still decent though and Brace should have a fine year, he is a good player behind Wilfork. Still that outside pass rush is just sad with those outside linebackers. Not a fan of any of those guys, no dangerous at all. Inside they got something going though with Spikes, Mayo, Guyton, McKenzie and Williams. Maybe Cunningham from Florida can save that linebacker pass rush.

The defensive backs are ok, still not great though. Butler, Wilhite and McCourty have a lot of potential, Devin is by FAR better than his brother in Tennessee.

Should be a fun interesting year for the Patriots, and again that offense should flat out rock.

Comment

• Out interior OL looks like a possible liability right now, but with Dante Scarnecchia coaching them up things should be just fine. He's one helluva coach.

I agree with most of what you said, but Wilhite does not have a lot of potential. He gave up 6 passing TDs last season, and looked awful when playing on the outside. His natural position is as a nickel or dime back, and that's where he's going to play from now on - if he makes the roster. On defense my only real concern at this point is the pass rush - or the lack of it. But with our ILBs I could see BB trying to use them as extra pass rushers since they are all good at blitzing. Most people have written the Patriots completely off as contenders, but I have a feeling that might be a mistake. Nice to see someone who's not a Patriot fan feeling the same way that most Patriots fans do.

I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• What impressed me so far in these two pre season games has been the attitude of the team. The defense is running around pounding people, and I LOVE the fact that the O is trying to run the ball.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Razor: I agree with most of what you said, but Wilhite does not have a lot of potential. He gave up 6 passing TDs last season, and looked awful when playing on the outside.
                I agree, Wilhite is nothing amazing but I like him more potentially down the road than guys like Willingham and Arrington. But yes I agree he did get burnt big time last year, still has a chance to improve his abilities though. Then again with Butler, McCourty, Wheatley and Bodden Wilhite will probably get cut I guess possibly.

Seriously though, those outside backers are just awful pass rushers, clearly Crable turning out to be nothing really hurt them. And hell they have had Pierre Woods what seems like forever.

Just look at the 49ers, they had more outside linebackers that are quality and almost everyone they have could potentially start on the Patriots. Lawson, Haralson, Briggs, Brooks, LaBoy and Bruce Davis. Hell LaBoy could easily start on the Patriots.

Still could have worse problems and at least they got good inside guys.

Comment

• Glad to see Miami traded Camarillo.
                  Breed's QB Philosophy:
                  Originally posted by Breed
                  At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Stephen Gostkowski just signed an extension through 2014, 4 year $14 mill. Pretty nice deal for both sides. But I have to wonder when they'll get a deal done with Brady. I'm not getting nervous though - yet.

Comment

• Gostk's a beast. Glad he got extended. I have zero worries about Brady.
                      It's not a point of "if"... but of "when". It will happen.

Mankins though... zero hope of seeing him in a NE uniform again. Zero.

Comment

• This Mankins thing sucks. The one positive is we can sell while the price is high, but we can't afford to lose our best OL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                          This Mankins thing sucks. The one positive is we can sell while the price is high, but we can't afford to lose our best OL.
                          Might as well get what we can for him now before we get nothing.

Originally posted by WMD
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Anyone watch the game? It wasn't on locally for me.

WTF happened to our D? How did dead-arm Bradford throw all over us?!

Our running game regressed... but Tom and Co seemed fine (after a slow start)

I'm purely looking at stats and the recap I read on the game

Comment

• It's on the DVR from NFLN's 11pm replay, but I worked and went to bed when I got home just after midnight.

I'll post my impressions after I watch it this weekend.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• My impressions were pretty disappointed with how the defense played after being pretty impressed with the last two outings. Couldnt stop them on third down, couldnt get to the Qb, and everytime our DBs did something well, banta ******* cain would get us a roughing the passer flag to give them a fresh set of downs. The O didnt come out running like before and it took up until the end of the second to get anything good going. Outside of Gronkowski's awesome night, there wasnt a lot to be happy about.

GOOD: Brady made a nice play to crumpler after falling down, then getting it off at the last second while Crumpler somehow managed to snag it from out of bounds and make the Catch. Gronkowski had a big night and is exactly what we need from our TEs. Moss looked scary fast on his 64 yard TD grab, Glad Brady hit him on that one. Tate looked very impressive returning and made a couple grabs. Welker made a nice 39 yard catch, yay!

Bad: The running game didnt get started and our offense suffered from it at the start of the game. We really need to establish it if we want an effective offense. Our defense all around was very disappointing. No pass rush, had trouble stopping the run, couldnt stop the pass. There was no energy out there what so ever, a big change from the last two games weve seen. I hope BB rips them a new one for this performance, he wasnt pleased at halftime and he cant be pleased with them after the half. At least Brace showed signs of life out there with a handful of tackles and a sack. It would be nice to see him fill into that DE spot, but getting what we did from him last night is really ok with me when in comparison to last year.
                                Last edited by Jvig43; 08-27-2010, 11:34 AM.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information