Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think the offense will be affected negatively as you think. It might be different, but not necessarily worse (if it's not better).

Moss might go blow up for insane stats on some other team, but he's not doing much for the Pats this year, and that's not going to change. The success they've had on offense this year has been in spite of Moss.

Would I rather keep him? Yeah, sure. But I don't think they'll be hurting without him...it will just be slightly different.

Comment

• Agree 100%. I honestly feel like it would be an arrogant dickheaded move to trade him at this point. It makes no sense from the perspective of winning football games. We've done very little with that objective in mind as of late.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Anything less than a 2012 first would be insane to give Randy Moss up for.

Vikings + Moss + Favre = they will draft in the low 30s, high 20s. In the third round that's mid to high 90s.

edit: Moss for AP would be more than acceptable. ;)
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          I don't think the offense will be affected negatively as you think. It might be different, but not necessarily worse (if it's not better).

Moss might go blow up for insane stats on some other team, but he's not doing much for the Pats this year, and that's not going to change. The success they've had on offense this year has been in spite of Moss.

Would I rather keep him? Yeah, sure. But I don't think they'll be hurting without him...it will just be slightly different.
          Slightly? We're not just taking away a player here. We're taking away an entire element of our offense.

I'm sorry, but sometimes I really, really, really ******* hate cheering for a team that can afford to lose everybody.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• A 1st would be the only thing I'd really like to get out of this. Also, Brady is gonna be hella pissed.
            Last edited by Jvig43; 10-06-2010, 01:30 AM.

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Im in 2 minds about this.

Will it affect the offense? Yes
              Will some players be displeased? Yes
              Would I like to keep Randy? Yes

But, he was more than likely gone after the season anyway and if we can get value for the long term then it is worth it. I know it's hard seeing good players leave and pass us by in the draft, but I would much prefer to support a team which will be competitive for the long run through making moves like this than a team like the Vikings or Jets who are throwing all their eggs in one basket for a two year span.

If we get a 2nd for Moss that leaves 2 1sts and 3 2nds. As people have been alluding to in the thread in the pro football forum, would you prefer Clay Matthews or Butler, Tate, Edelman and Gronk? If we can get more players early in the draft for the long term for Randy Moss for 12 or so more games then IMO it's definitely worth it.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Only a 3rd rounder. Im disappointed. Although it looks as though all may not have been well beneath the surface now

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  That's what most of us are hoping for. Randy Moss is worth so much more than two third round players that likely will wash out of the league in a few years. Hell, we probably won't even use those picks.
                  They better get a lot more than that for Moss.
                  If people don't think Moss is that good because he had no catches Monday night, they better watch the tape of him toasting Revis and snapping Revis' hamstring.

Moss opens a lot of things underneath, and when the defense doesn't respect him, he still runs past any corner in the league.

I feel for you guys if the Pats give him away for some mid-range draft pick.
                  The only ones almost as mad as you are Vikings-haters, and that's me.

Comment

• Well, if its a third only i'd be pretty shocked(and disappointed).

But the fact of the matter is we have no idea how good the coaching staff feels about the other WRs. If they believe Tate can take on the deep role, and hasn't had the opportunity, or what they feel about Price etc. Who knows?

Moss is probably one of my favorite players, and I don't see how we get better without him, but there has got to be more to the trade to Belichick if its only a 3rd.

Or maybe they are trading him as a courtesy to Moss? lol
                    Last edited by BradysKnee; 10-06-2010, 08:30 AM.
                    Breed's QB Philosophy:
                    Originally posted by Breed
                    At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Is it weird if i was ok with trading Seymour but am ******* pissed that we're about to trade Moss?
                      And **** draft picks. The draft, as a Pats fan, is gonna give me a stroke.
                      Why'd you do that? Why'd we not get an OLB ? Who the **** is O'Connell?
                      Loved the Chung pick. Butler? Seriously? He's benched now for Arrington.
                      What about that ******* OLB we need?! Cunningham? That's gonna solve our problems?!

I'm so pissed.
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Arrogance should be a sin.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• So the Pats have 2 picks in every round this year. As a Bears fan, I am jealous.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• so V-Jax to NE seems pretty good.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                            like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                              Is it weird if i was ok with trading Seymour but am ******* pissed that we're about to trade Moss?
                              And **** draft picks. The draft, as a Pats fan, is gonna give me a stroke.
                              Why'd you do that? Why'd we not get an OLB ? Who the **** is O'Connell?
                              Loved the Chung pick. Butler? Seriously? He's benched now for Arrington.
                              What about that ******* OLB we need?! Cunningham? That's gonna solve our problems?!

I'm so pissed.
                              Hindsight's brilliant. O'Connell i'll give you but people thought he had the tools to sit and develop for a few years. It didn't work out. A lot of people didn't like the Chung pick at the time either. Most people would have been ok to take Butler in the first, let alone the second. Would you prefer Wilhite back there instead because we've seen how that has worked out? And Cunningham has looked very good so far in all phases(rushing, against the run and in coverage)

Comment

• WTF?! A third round pick? Mother******* bull****, BB you're as dumb a ****** that I've ever seen. Trading a ******* HoF receiver for what we would have gotten anyways as a comp pick if we'd kept him! ****! I hate everything right now! QB12 must be pissed as well, I hope he's in BBs face right now telling how stupid a **** he really is.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information