Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Heyward and he has been my guy all year, but holy hell Dareus has been absolutely dominant all season long. He is my favorite now with Heyward, Bailey, Crick, and Clayborn behind him. I think they all could be studs here, but I just don't see Clayborn working in our defense at all.

Comment

• I think Dareus would be a perfect fit, but I just posted something in a mock draft, so excuse me for repeating myself here:

I don't think we're a lock for taking a 5-tech in the first round. I think that our DL has been playing pretty damn well this year, and that's without Ty Warren. When we get him back this DL could be nasty. What's really holding this defense back is the lack of pass rush. I was bitching about our DBs keeping the play in front of them against Baltimore, but as Jvig (I think) pointed out they did than back in the days as well. So my conclusion is that we need pass rush more than we need DL. Cunningham is looking pretty good so far, imagine what Robert Quinn, Akeem Ayers or Aldon Smith could bring to this defense.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Give me Dareus or Crick. I don't think Clayborn or Bailey are particularly good fits at 3-4 DE.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Isnt heyward expected to drop in this draft because of his current school situation? Getting him with our second 1st would be awesome.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I haven't been too impressed with Heyward this season to be honest. I watched him vs. Orlando Franklin in the Miami game and Gabe Camiri in the Wisconsin game and he was really getting pushed around. Granted, both of those two tackles are big, physical guys, but in order to establish yourself as a top pick you have to step up and outperform other highly-regarded prospects over the course of the season and it just doesn't seem like he's done that so far this year. I'd say New England is most likely to draft Dareus at this point. He's looked really good this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
              I think Dareus would be a perfect fit, but I just posted something in a mock draft, so excuse me for repeating myself here:

I don't think we're a lock for taking a 5-tech in the first round. I think that our DL has been playing pretty damn well this year, and that's without Ty Warren. When we get him back this DL could be nasty. What's really holding this defense back is the lack of pass rush. I was bitching about our DBs keeping the play in front of them against Baltimore, but as Jvig (I think) pointed out they did than back in the days as well. So my conclusion is that we need pass rush more than we need DL. Cunningham is looking pretty good so far, imagine what Robert Quinn, Akeem Ayers or Aldon Smith could bring to this defense.
              As long as Wilfork spends half his time on the field at LDE, I will call DE our primary need. Even with Ty coming back next year we need it. He's been banged up and missing time in each of the last 2 or 3 seasons & he's not getting any older. G.Warren is already an old man so he's not a long term answer. I'm not sure what happened w/Brace . . . I guess that preseason game was against a terrible Oline . . . ???

We have to solidfiy that position.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I really wish we kept green around. Didnt Denver cut him?

Originally posted by WMD
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Denver did cut him. I'm not sure what happened after that.
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Yeah me either, seems like a no brainer to me.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Unsigned. Might have gotten his money and just packed it in.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                        As long as Wilfork spends half his time on the field at LDE, I will call DE our primary need. Even with Ty coming back next year we need it. He's been banged up and missing time in each of the last 2 or 3 seasons & he's not getting any older. G.Warren is already an old man so he's not a long term answer. I'm not sure what happened w/Brace . . . I guess that preseason game was against a terrible Oline . . . ???

We have to solidfiy that position.
                        This x1000.

We simply don't have any great DL outside of Wilfork and Ty Warren. None of those guys play in the nickel or dime packages. Our DL is just weak all over. No pass rushers (DE/OLBs) outside of Cunningham since TBC is in the dog house and no nickel interior rushers (DE/DT).

edit: the top of my draft wish list: Robert Quinn or Adrian Clayborn. This defense would be a nightmare with either.
                        Last edited by descendency; 10-20-2010, 10:17 PM.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I'm starting to see that. If we had Warren, it wouldn't be an issue, but still, we don't know where he is going to be next year coming back from that injury and that was a position of interest to address in the first place.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Wait what happened with TBC? I was gonna mention we hadnt seen him alot in the ravens game but just totally spaced it.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• TBC hasn't been playing much since Cunningham started playing a lot. He's basically a liability in the run.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Damn I'm happy to hear that tho. We have got to be happy with how this draft has turned out for us. We already have major contributors in first year players on D and O. Please god just get us some play makers at DE and OLB this next draft.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information