Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I like Tully the situational pass rusher, don't like Tully the starting outside linebacker.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• What would you guys think of drafting Ryan Kerrigan with the Raiders' first-round pick, assuming it's around #10 overall? I know most people don't have him ranked that high, but he's a very accomplished, consistent pass rusher with great size (6'4", 260), a little bit of experience dropping into coverage, and great work ethic/intangibles. If he could be the next Mike Vrabel, wouldn't it be worth spending a high draft pick on him?

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
        What would you guys think of drafting Ryan Kerrigan with the Raiders' first-round pick, assuming it's around #10 overall? I know most people don't have him ranked that high, but he's a very accomplished, consistent pass rusher with great size (6'4", 260), a little bit of experience dropping into coverage, and great work ethic/intangibles. If he could be the next Mike Vrabel, wouldn't it be worth spending a high draft pick on him?
        I would be upset from a value perspective. I could see us doing it if he is our guy, but he can probably be had with the later pick or a second rounder. Love that kid though. Hopefully we end up with him no matter what, I would just prefer to bring in an elite level talent with that pick and get him later. Maybe even trade up to get him if we have to(assuming he's a second rounder).

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'd be pretty happy with the Prince of Blades. Seems kind of high, but you can't question a team making sure they get their man...which is what the Pats always do.

Comment

• I just think we should use that pick to bring in someone with exceptional talent. Kerrigan is a very good player and also has a very high talent level, but his footspeed is going to limit him as a player. Bring in a top flight talent at DE, OLB, or WR. That's what we need most right now. A true difference maker at one of those positions. That's not to say Kerrigan couldn't end up being a difference maker for us, but he's more of a long shot than other guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I really see the Pats going back to the way they used to draft this year. I see them going in the trenches early, be it Dareus, Heyward etc. After that it's all about value. If Kerrigan is there at the end of the first he will probably be the pick. I have him right now as a solid first rounder and he does meet the requirements for a BB OLB. I don't see them taking the flashy player unless AJ Green falls to our first pick.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• I would argue that New England should spend at least 3/4 of their picks in the first two rounds on linemen and linebackers. If we come away from this draft with a solid offensive lineman, defensive end, and linebacker, I'll be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                  I would argue that New England should spend at least 3/4 of their picks in the first two rounds on linemen and linebackers. If we come away from this draft with a solid offensive lineman, defensive end, and linebacker, I'll be happy.
                  That's how I felt last year too, we really have no excuses this year. Throw a RB in there and maybe a receiver.

Comment

• Can't really complain about the way the 2010 draft class, though. They did end up with a DE in Deadrick and stashed another on IR. They've rebuilt their core, and can use this draft for playmakers. I'd like to see more talent at OL, but the OL has been really good this year... It's tough to justify an early pick on a player that won't play much right away.

I don't think we'll see much of a focus on particular positions in this draft. I've been thinking they might seriously consider QB early in this draft. That late first is an interesting pick. They can pull an Aaron Rodgers with that one. Get a talented QB developing on a long-term deal that's pretty cheap for even a backup QB.

While I do like the Prince of Blades, I'm not very high on any of the OLBs in this draft. I haven't seen much of Quinn, and the others don't seem to stand out at all. I wonder if they'd try to make Allen Bailey a 3-4 OLB. If Michael Johnson can do it...

Comment

• ALDON SMITH, OLB, MISSOURI

Scott mocked him to us... I know nothing of this guy.
                      Looks like he has good size... anyone actually watch him play and have input?
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                        ALDON SMITH, OLB, MISSOURI

Scott mocked him to us... I know nothing of this guy.
                        Looks like he has good size... anyone actually watch him play and have input?
                        He's long and athletic and has a great first step. He's not so great against the run, mostly because he doesn't use his hands well and plays tall, thus gets stood up and ridden out of the play by guys who get better leverage. I think he could end up being a high demand 3-4 OLB this draft should be come out, but he's not without flaws.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Fair enough
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• How we feeling about this game coming up?

Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Pretty good. We do have to be careful though. We have a bunch of young guys who are experiencing success for the first time going on a trip to the other side of the country facing an always talented Chargers team. They're banged up good right now and we're healthy though. If we come out and play our best football, I'm not worried.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• We need to blow them up on special teams. It's a very very good 2-4 team we are about to play.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information