Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    Didn't do ****, as usual. Wasn't on the field.
    What looked like a player with great potential near the end of last year turned into a steaming pile of burnt ****.

    Comment


    • I don't know about that... He just doesn't get on the field. It'd be nice to see him against less physical receivers and see if he can get his confidence back where it was.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nepg View Post
        I don't know about that... He just doesn't get on the field. It'd be nice to see him against less physical receivers and see if he can get his confidence back where it was.
        I'll take Arrington play everything in front of me over Butler flagged for a 45 yard PI call.


        Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

        Comment


        • Does anyone else find it odd that we run essentially an over glorified Cover-2 scheme yet our corners are usually some of the worst tacklers in the league?

          Comment


          • They're a bit limited in what schemes they can run defensively because the secondary is so young and inexperienced. They basically have to run what puts them in the least bad situation.

            Comment


            • What really sucks is now that our defense is playing well our offense is going to be very predictable and pedestrian. Ugh, why did we give Moss away for only a third. That third better be our next HoF QB damnit! haha but seriously, Welker isnt getting anything, Branch is nice, and Brady and Tate just arent on the same page at all. Hernandez is great but it's only a matter of time before teams start respecting him a bit more. Gronk is really more of a blocker until we get into the red zone, and the running game while I really dont think is bad just doesnt have any play makers except for haha yup woodhead who is more like a kevin faulk third down guy. I'm back on board with grabbing a big time WR this up coming draft, which sucks because I really would have liked to go O-line, De/OLB early.


              Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post
                Does anyone else find it odd that we run essentially an over glorified Cover-2 scheme yet our corners are usually some of the worst tacklers in the league?
                Devin McCourty is the best tackling CB we've had in years(he also seems to best the best cover guy and the most athletic). He's so damn physical. He whiffed on one tackle yesterday on Sproles(I think) but normally he is really solid.


                BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                  What really sucks is now that our defense is playing well our offense is going to be very predictable and pedestrian. Ugh, why did we give Moss away for only a third. That third better be our next HoF QB damnit! haha but seriously, Welker isnt getting anything, Branch is nice, and Brady and Tate just arent on the same page at all. Hernandez is great but it's only a matter of time before teams start respecting him a bit more. Gronk is really more of a blocker until we get into the red zone, and the running game while I really dont think is bad just doesnt have any play makers except for haha yup woodhead who is more like a kevin faulk third down guy. I'm back on board with grabbing a big time WR this up coming draft, which sucks because I really would have liked to go O-line, De/OLB early.
                  To be fair to Gronk, he can be more than that, but Hernadez takes away from his touches outside the redzone and we don't have many sets where the tight end is heavily involved in the passing game.

                  R.I.P. Junior Seau

                  Comment


                  • Favre in doubt, Jackson sucks: Patriots roll to 6-1.

                    Book it.
                    **** her in da *****!

                    Comment


                    • I hit rewind on that missed 4th down play several times and the blame goes entirely on The Law Firm. He went outside and should not have. There was a huge gap on the cutback and, even if there wasn't, you stick your shoulders into the backs of the line and push when you need one yard.

                      I think we're not giving enough credit to the Chargers DST in this discussion. This is a nasty defense that is ranked 1st overall, 1st in passing D, and 3rd in rushing D. I know they're not exactly facing offensive juggernauts every week to start the season but, at some point, we have to give them credit for playing very good D.

                      Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                      Comment


                      • Have to agree about BJE. The blocks were to the inside. The ran three yards the wrong way and was made to pay for it. You don't do that on fourth and short. Didn't like the spot we got on the Welker play, but whatever, still his fault.

                        R.I.P. Junior Seau

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          Have to agree about BJE. The blocks were to the inside. The ran three yards the wrong way and was made to pay for it. You don't do that on fourth and short. Didn't like the spot we got on the Welker play, but whatever, still his fault.
                          The spot was short, but the official spot was worse. He was clearly about 1/3 of a yard short.
                          **** her in da *****!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                            I hit rewind on that missed 4th down play several times and the blame goes entirely on The Law Firm. He went outside and should not have. There was a huge gap on the cutback and, even if there wasn't, you stick your shoulders into the backs of the line and push when you need one yard.

                            I think we're not giving enough credit to the Chargers DST in this discussion. This is a nasty defense that is ranked 1st overall, 1st in passing D, and 3rd in rushing D. I know they're not exactly facing offensive juggernauts every week to start the season but, at some point, we have to give them credit for playing very good D.
                            I agree. I do think that game was just a case of good defense. Maybe BJGE blew it, but it was still a terrible play to run in that situation with the way the Chargers had been attacking the line all game long. Should have been something in the flat to Hernandez or Welker.

                            Comment


                            • Watched part of the game earlier when I had a chance...
                              First and only thing that came to mind...

                              MATT LIGHT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ASAP!!!
                              Not sure if he just had a bad game (Haven't seen too many pats games- PA)
                              but he was flat out ******* terrible
                              We need help so bad on the interior line but with Light declining so quickly-
                              I think we should go "Best OL available" route during the draft.
                              Essentially, Vollmer is our LT and the rest of the line needs to be re-worked. Ugh
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                                Watched part of the game earlier when I had a chance...
                                First and only thing that came to mind...

                                MATT LIGHT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ASAP!!!
                                Not sure if he just had a bad game (Haven't seen too many pats games- PA)
                                but he was flat out ******* terrible
                                We need help so bad on the interior line but with Light declining so quickly-
                                I think we should go "Best OL available" route during the draft.
                                Essentially, Vollmer is our LT and the rest of the line needs to be re-worked. Ugh
                                Nalej, just curious but do you happen to attend Penn State (avy and PA?)


                                Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information