Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you not call Heath Evans a true FB? I would.
    A good lead blocker with receiving skills out of the backfield sounds good to me
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• He wasn't a "blocking FB" (Sam Gash), he was a utility FB (Larry Centers?).

Comment

• Oh, I agree on that.
        I guess what I meant was: We could definitely use a FB that could lead block and receive out of the backfield- not that Heath Evans was that.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Heath Evans wasn't a big name but he did it all for us. He could run, catch, and block. People don't realize how much of a talent he is, he was drafted in the second round out of Auburn and ran really well for a 250 pounder. He was who I compared Peyton Hillis to when Hillis was coming out of Arkansas.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
            I don't know about a true FB, but a guy like Heath Evans would be great. They'll always use linemen as lead blockers.
            Evans used to lead block for us pretty often too though. This pull the guard **** is 50/50. A guy like Havili, who compares pretty favorable to Evans in terms of role(although I think he's a better runner, can do slightly less blocking wise because of size) and value, would be much more valuable than drafting a runningback in the short term and would let us address long term needs and other positions.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• So apparently rumours are the Pats were close to trading for Saints RB Pierre Thomas. The Saints wanted a striaght swap for an unnamed CB but the Pats wanted a pick as well. The fact that it was Thomas and a pick wanted im assuming it must've been Butler, or maybe Leigh Bodden as a dark horse candidate. What do yous think? I personally think it's way too early to be thinking about getting rid of Butler, if it was him.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                So apparently rumours are the Pats were close to trading for Saints RB Pierre Thomas. The Saints wanted a striaght swap for an unnamed CB but the Pats wanted a pick as well. The fact that it was Thomas and a pick wanted im assuming it must've been Butler, or maybe Leigh Bodden as a dark horse candidate. What do yous think? I personally think it's way too early to be thinking about getting rid of Butler, if it was him.
                I was just about to post this. I don't think we would trade Butler just for Thomas unless it's a fourth/fifth rounder or higher. He has too much talent to just gid rid of him. I was thinking Wilhite or Wheatley, since none of them have met expectations and don't really plat that well or often. I'd love to have Thomas though, he's such a hard nosed runner who can catch the ball really well too.

Chiming in on the Havili debate, I don't know if I'd want him. He's a bit small for a FB imo at only 6'1" 225, and he doesn't run nearly as well as Heath Evans. Also, I don't really think we need a typical FB in this offense. We're actually running the ball pretty well atm and are ranked 14th in rushing per game. But I'd still love to get a top RB like LaMichael James (1st) or Ingram.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                  I was just about to post this. I don't think we would trade Butler just for Thomas unless it's a fourth/fifth rounder or higher. He has too much talent to just gid rid of him. I was thinking Wilhite or Wheatley, since none of them have met expectations and don't really plat that well or often. I'd love to have Thomas though, he's such a hard nosed runner who can catch the ball really well too.
                  I was thinking of the possiblities of Wilhite or Wheatley but im not sure even BB would have the balls to ask for Pierre Thomas plus a draft pick for a guy who can't go three weeks without getting hurt or a guy who was abused by, in particular, the team you're trying to trade him to.

Comment

I was thinking of the possiblities of Wilhite or Wheatley but im not sure even BB would have the balls to ask for Pierre Thomas plus a draft pick for a guy who can't go three weeks without getting hurt or a guy who was abused by, in particular, the team you're trying to trade him to.
                    Haha, you never know with BB! lol My thinking was, that the Saints are desperate for help at Cb. BB knows this. Pierre Thomas isn't happy with the organisation and vice versa. BB knows this too. So he has all the leverage here, and IF it was Wheatley who was a second rounder I'm quite sure that BB would've asked for a late round pick. Thomas was an UDFA iirc, so I'd expect BB to ask for a sixth or so and expecting to get a conditional seventh. It's still better than nothing, right?

I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                      Haha, you never know with BB! lol My thinking was, that the Saints are desperate for help at Cb. BB knows this. Pierre Thomas isn't happy with the organisation and vice versa. BB knows this too. So he has all the leverage here, and IF it was Wheatley who was a second rounder I'm quite sure that BB would've asked for a late round pick. Thomas was an UDFA iirc, so I'd expect BB to ask for a sixth or so and expecting to get a conditional seventh. It's still better than nothing, right?
                      Lol damn the Saints for not being as dumb as the Raiders or Vikings!!!

Comment

We still have Wheatley? lol

Kidding, but I'd say BB would certainly ask for more since Thomas is oft injured, pissed off at the organization, and plays a position that does not command a premium. Personally, I've never been able to buy into the Pierre Thomas hype. He's a tough runner who looks better than he is b/c the Saints have such a dominant, open passing offense and the alternative is the dynamic but soft Reggie Bush.

I'll take my chances with BJGE / Woodhead and a fleet of young CBs with more upside than Thomas. (Obviously this all went down pre-Woodhead anyway, but still . . . )

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                          We still have Wheatley? lol

Kidding, but I'd say BB would certainly ask for more since Thomas is oft injured, pissed off at the organization, and plays a position that does not command a premium. Personally, I've never been able to buy into the Pierre Thomas hype. He's a tough runner who looks better than he is b/c the Saints have such a dominant, open passing offense and the alternative is the dynamic but soft Reggie Bush.

I'll take my chances with BJGE / Woodhead and a fleet of young CBs with more upside than Thomas. (Obviously this all went down pre-Woodhead anyway, but still . . . )
                          PT is a complete back that is a tough runner in between the tackles in addition to being a good receiver and a STUD in pass-pro. I would love a combo of BJGE, Woodhead, and PT.

Comment

• Anyone else get the feeling we're going to need to trade down or out with some of our early picks? With the way the team is playing right now, I'm having a hard time figuring out who the hell we're going to draft with all these picks. I'd like to see us trade Carolina's second-round pick for a future first rounder, maybe Minnesota's third-round pick for a future second rounder? That'd leave us with 1 (OAK), 1, 2, 3 this year and then 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 (proj. Mankins comp.) next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                              Anyone else get the feeling we're going to need to trade down or out with some of our early picks? With the way the team is playing right now, I'm having a hard time figuring out who the hell we're going to draft with all these picks. I'd like to see us trade Carolina's second-round pick for a future first rounder, maybe Minnesota's third-round pick for a future second rounder? That'd leave us with 1 (OAK), 1, 2, 3 this year and then 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 (proj. Mankins comp.) next year.
                              Oakland is currently playing their way out of the top 10(damn it!!) in saying that it would not surprise me if the Patriots trade UP to select a premium 5-tech prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                                Anyone else get the feeling we're going to need to trade down or out with some of our early picks? With the way the team is playing right now, I'm having a hard time figuring out who the hell we're going to draft with all these picks. I'd like to see us trade Carolina's second-round pick for a future first rounder, maybe Minnesota's third-round pick for a future second rounder? That'd leave us with 1 (OAK), 1, 2, 3 this year and then 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 (proj. Mankins comp.) next year.
                                This is very plausible imo, I've been thinking about that as well. odds are that if BB gets a chance to secure picks in the next draft he'll do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information