This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post
    PT is a complete back that is a tough runner in between the tackles in addition to being a good receiver and a STUD in pass-pro. I would love a combo of BJGE, Woodhead, and PT.
    I agree, but he's in a contract year and always injured. RBs are too easy to come by and he'll want too much money.

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling we're going to need to trade down or out with some of our early picks? With the way the team is playing right now, I'm having a hard time figuring out who the hell we're going to draft with all these picks. I'd like to see us trade Carolina's second-round pick for a future first rounder, maybe Minnesota's third-round pick for a future second rounder? That'd leave us with 1 (OAK), 1, 2, 3 this year and then 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 (proj. Mankins comp.) next year.
    Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post
    Oakland is currently playing their way out of the top 10(damn it!!) in saying that it would not surprise me if the Patriots trade UP to select a premium 5-tech prospect.
    I think Oakland will beat the Chiefs this week and have a schedule that will allow them to have a good chance at winning the division and making the playoffs.

I also agree that this would be a great year to move up and snag a top talent, be it DE / OLB / WR.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5767916

**** the NFL. That was a clean tackle with no reason to fine anyone for anything.

This is 1000% ********.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Oh come on. We damaged the golden child and Pryor get fined? Horse ****. That hit was clean.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• That's terrible. That was a completely clean hit and the injury was simply a matter of positioning, which a lineman can do nothing about.

Hopefully the Pats / BB / somebody with a bigger paycheck pays his fine for him. That's total crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
            WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5767916

**** the NFL. That was a clean tackle with no reason to fine anyone for anything.

This is 1000% ********.
            I miss the days where defenders could knock the living **** out of QB's(legally of course) without having to worry about a freaking fine!

Comment

• This is just a little much. He got a cut. It wasn't a concussion or anything to the head even, he just got a cut because of face masks and stuff. Happens every single damn week to a lot of people.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Whats worse is the tackle followed the protocol of the rules they just sent out yet they fine him anyway. Anyone who read that helmet to helmet thread knows I was extremely against this whole thing and this is why. No flag, clean hit, and he gets fined anyway. It's just getting out of control, and the poor kid who doesnt have much money to begin with has to pay some BS fine because Goodell has a hard on for power trips and rule changing. Hopefully Pryor doesnt back down from playing hard after this, that fine was more then Meriweathers hit. Such ******* ********, if Goodell wants to power trip around and change rules, go to the ******* MLB where they actually need some changing.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                  Whats worse is the tackle followed the protocol of the rules they just sent out yet they fine him anyway. Anyone who read that helmet to helmet thread knows I was extremely against this whole thing and this is why. No flag, clean hit, and he gets fined anyway. It's just getting out of control, and the poor kid who doesnt have much money to begin with has to pay some BS fine because Goodell has a hard on for power trips and rule changing. Hopefully Pryor doesnt back down from playing hard after this, that fine was more then Meriweathers hit. Such ******* ********, if Goodell wants to power trip around and change rules, go to the ******* MLB where they actually need some changing.
                  Merriweather's hit $50,000. Pryor's is $7,500.

Otherwise, preach on, my brother!!

Seriously though, I doubt Myron pays this one. This screams big money player bailout to me.

Comment

• That's so dumb.

Comment

• **** Goodell. He can't even negotiate a labor agreement and now this ****.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• so dumb. rediculous. outrageous. idiotic. think i got it covered

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                          Anyone else get the feeling we're going to need to trade down or out with some of our early picks? With the way the team is playing right now, I'm having a hard time figuring out who the hell we're going to draft with all these picks. I'd like to see us trade Carolina's second-round pick for a future first rounder, maybe Minnesota's third-round pick for a future second rounder? That'd leave us with 1 (OAK), 1, 2, 3 this year and then 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 (proj. Mankins comp.) next year.

im guessing the patriots would really value that carolina pick, esp now since they will own the top of the draft on day 2. im guessing, if anything, the patriots would try to trade their own second round pick for a first next year. just a guess

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                            Merriweather's hit $50,000. Pryor's is $7,500.

Otherwise, preach on, my brother!!

Seriously though, I doubt Myron pays this one. This screams big money player bailout to me.
                            Haha yeah read it too quickly in my rage and hatred for this rule and Goodell and thought it was for 75,000. But sports center just reported it which means someone will go to town on NFL live about how stupid this is and hopefully it can pick up some steam and get pryor out of this. Farve is old and dying anyway, you cant save him forever Goodell.

Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Is it actually Goodell who hands these things down? Is there some kind of committee handling it? Anyone know for sure?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                                Is it actually Goodell who hands these things down? Is there some kind of committee handling it? Anyone know for sure?
                                Either way, he let's it happen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information