Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    Either way, he let's it happen.
    Burn him!

    lol

    I agree. Ultimately he's the head.

    But I'm curious if there's a group that handles this stuff. I can't imagine Goodell is sitting around sippin' cognac and watching all the hits that transpire. There has to be some solution to how this stuff is handled.

    Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

    Comment


    • You know who else was fined 7500 dollars?

      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-wes-welker/

      ... Thanks for being consistent, NFL.
      **** her in da *****!

      Comment


      • Probably is. I just don't see how more than one person could look at this and determine it's in the best interest of the leagues image to fine Pryor for an incidental thing involving equipment.

        R.I.P. Junior Seau

        Comment


        • Originally posted by descendency View Post
          You know who else was fined 7500 dollars?

          http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-wes-welker/

          ... Thanks for being consistent, NFL.
          No way in hell those were equal.

          R.I.P. Junior Seau

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            Probably is. I just don't see how more than one person could look at this and determine it's in the best interest of the leagues image to fine Pryor for an incidental thing involving equipment.
            They should make certain players wear helmets that completely encompass their head in protection so they can't be harmed. Then real football can be played.

            Otherwise, when a 41+ year old QB takes a shot to the chest and his head flies forward as part of the recoil, busting his chin open, during a player making a textbook form tackle, we will see silly fines.
            **** her in da *****!

            Comment


            • http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...e-ilb-mckenzie


              Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

              Comment


              • To be completely honest with you; I always wanted to believe in him, but that draft pick never made a lick of sense to me. He was not a good fit at any LB spot in a 3-4, and we passed on so many who would have been better. Had we sat and took Clay Matthews and said screw it to Butler, we would be a lot better football team.
                Last edited by ElectricEye; 11-06-2010, 03:45 PM.

                R.I.P. Junior Seau

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  To be completely honest with you; I always wanted to believe in him, but that draft pick never made a lick of sense to me.
                  This. One of the most puzzling early round selections we have had in recent years(in addition to O'Connel)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    To be completely honest with you; I always wanted to believe in him, but that draft pick never made a lick of sense to me. He was not a good fit at any LB spot in a 3-4, and we passed on so many who would have been better. Had we sat and took Clay Matthews and said screw it to Butler, we would be a lot better football team.
                    We'd also lose quite a few other players like Gronkowski. I think Matthews is a difference maker and would love to have him, but I think we did pretty well for ourselves in that trade.

                    I just hope we don't keep making those moves down. Or we'll be "relevent" but never "great"

                    also: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...waive-wheatley

                    Wheatley is officially released/waived.
                    **** her in da *****!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by descendency View Post
                      We'd also lose quite a few other players like Gronkowski. I think Matthews is a difference maker and would love to have him, but I think we did pretty well for ourselves in that trade.

                      I just hope we don't keep making those moves down. Or we'll be "relevent" but never "great"

                      also: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...waive-wheatley

                      Wheatley is officially released/waived.
                      Pretty sure Gronk was completely independent of the Packers.

                      As for Wheatley, honestly surprised he wasn't cut two years ago. What a disaster that draft was.

                      R.I.P. Junior Seau

                      Comment


                      • I like Jerod Mayo.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                          I like Jerod Mayo.
                          Yeah, me too. For the most part. He's a bit of a compiler and he doesn't make many plays. He's been worlds better with Brandon Spikes to be the SILB this year.

                          R.I.P. Junior Seau

                          Comment


                          • So looking it over, we match up pretty well with the Browns personal wise. As long as we can take away Hillis and do enough to confuse/pressure McCoy, I think Brady should have a good enough game to carry us.

                            R.I.P. Junior Seau

                            Comment


                            • I just want one Rushing TD from Hillis and I'll be happy. Ehhh f it lets shut them out.


                              Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                              Comment


                              • Fantasy football is for girly men :P


                                I like Hillis a lot. But we've done such an excellent job against the run this year overall. The numbers are a bit skewed given the way to beat us early in the year and still is with the pass to the non-McCourty side of the field, but still, we tackle well and clog the gaps most of the time.

                                R.I.P. Junior Seau

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information