Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I do give him that but still, disconcerting that he can't seem to step it up and play well an entire game. He's not making the most of his opportunity, that's for damn sure.

    R.I.P. Junior Seau

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      I do give him that but still, disconcerting that he can't seem to step it up and play well an entire game. He's not making the most of his opportunity, that's for damn sure.
      I can't argue with that. I haven't payed a ton of attention to what he's doing on a play to play basis. But he seems like he has a DB on his hip at all times and that is never good.

      There's definitely a ton wrong with our offense right now. I'm willing to give Tate time, as I don't think we're getting the most accurate picture we can of any one player with the total lack of consistency in our offense as a unit.

      Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

      Comment


      • Kind of sucks that we're basically in the process of blowing up the offense after finally finishing(for the most part) blowing up the defense.

        R.I.P. Junior Seau

        Comment


        • basically I realized our draft needs went from DE, OLB, and BPA to DE, OLB, OT, OG, C, WR.
          **** her in da *****!

          Comment


          • Don't forget RB since I think that Woody and BJGE are the only two that return
            I think Faulk retires (If not then he'll definitely be back)
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

            Comment


            • Don't care about runningback anymore. In this offense, that's for the most part, a luxury. We need a receiver that isn't 5'11 and more quick than fast. The entire find a bunch of guys like Wes Welker and have them all run slants thing does not work.

              R.I.P. Junior Seau

              Comment


              • I think an absolutely ideal start of the draft now for the Pats would be

                1a. Cameron Heyward
                1b. Aldon Smith
                2a. Leonard Hankerson
                2b. Mike Pouncey/Rodney Hudson


                BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                Comment


                • I certainly wouldn't mind that ^^^
                  Raiders need to start ******* losing.
                  I really want Quinn or Dareus
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                  Comment


                  • Heyward might be a second round pick at this point. If we pick in the 10-15 range, give me the wide receiver who falls at this point. We can't afford to be rebuilding on offense right now.

                    R.I.P. Junior Seau

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      Heyward might be a second round pick at this point. If we pick in the 10-15 range, give me the wide receiver who falls at this point. We can't afford to be rebuilding on offense right now.
                      Im not convinced we will be. It's looking more and more likely that both picks will be in the 20s. I'd be happy with Floyd or Baldwin at WR but right now I don't think they are that far, if at all, apart from Hankerson and Broyles


                      BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                        Im not convinced we will be. It's looking more and more likely that both picks will be in the 20s. I'd be happy with Floyd or Baldwin at WR but right now I don't think they are that far, if at all, apart from Hankerson and Broyles
                        I don't like Broyles very much, especially not for us. We have him already and his name is Brandon Tate. Hankerson is good, but he's not near the talent than Baldwin is. Floyd...soured on completely. There's something up with him this year. He's always had some knocks as a pro prospect anyway.

                        R.I.P. Junior Seau

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          I don't like Broyles very much, especially not for us. We have him already and his name is Brandon Tate. Hankerson is good, but he's not near the talent than Baldwin is. Floyd...soured on completely. There's something up with him this year. He's always had some knocks as a pro prospect anyway.
                          Im actually the opposite I've completely soured on Baldwin. He always striked me as a bit of a one trick pony who used his height and athleticism as opposed to any sort of refined technique. This year has confirmed everything about that for me


                          BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                            Im actually the opposite I've completely soured on Baldwin. He always striked me as a bit of a one trick pony who used his height and athleticism as opposed to any sort of refined technique. This year has confirmed everything about that for me
                            No doubt about it, but that trick he has is very good. He's exactly the type of receiver we need to clear the middle of the field for our other receivers. He also has just about as much upside as any receiver in the draft. If he can put a few things together, he can be a force. I would be comfortable bringing him in just to run fly and fade routes too, simply because he's so good vertically and our receivers lack anything resembling a vertical game.

                            Instant cure to the inbreeding of our wide receiver corps. AJ Green would be better, but he may not be there. Julio Jones would also be preferable, but same story.

                            R.I.P. Junior Seau

                            Comment


                            • AJ Green would be a blessing. So would Julio Jones.
                              A Plan B of Floyd or Baldwin would still warm my heart.
                              Brady isn't getting any younger and we've already re-tooled the entire D
                              It's time to get some playmakers for Brady and take advantage of him while we still have him.

                              Is Chad OchoCinco a FA after this year?
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                              Comment


                              • Chad will most likely be a Bengal again next year. There's an option to his contract for next season and he'd only cost ~3.5 M so I don't see them cutting ties with him.

                                It's more likely we see Randy back in town than Ocho, imo.


                                EDIT: Sort of wrong, but mostly just missing important details.

                                (from roto)
                                2011: $6 million (Club Option), 2012: Free Agent. If the Bengals don't exercise their 2011 option, they'll owe Ochocinco a $3.5 million payment.

                                So the Bengals can pay him 3.5 to leave or 6 to stay. Seems to make more sense to pay the 2.5 extra to keep him, but I guess we'll see. When they announce a lockout it becomes an easy choice. ;)
                                Last edited by FlyingElvis; 11-09-2010, 01:57 PM.

                                Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information