X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the best? Ngata plays DE.
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Well let's not get silly. The same guy that has always been 1 to Wilfork's 2. Hampton.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• You make me smile, silly man

Comment

• I know it is not completely dependent on the NT but even with Aaron Smith gone we have still not allowed anyone back to rush for over 53 yards this year.....MOST of that has to do with Hampton taking two guys out every rush play and sometimes 3. He is playing amazing, even at his age. Yes, best 34 NT.

Comment

• We'll agree to disagree. Hampton's surrounding cast is obviously better than Wilfork's.
            To the point that we're moving Wilfork around the DL to dictate where the O will run at since his teammates are incompetant (sp?).
            This young defense is getting better with each game that passes... Wilfork is a beast and the best NT in the league.
            He's just doing it all by himself right now

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
              I know it is not completely dependent on the NT but even with Aaron Smith gone we have still not allowed anyone back to rush for over 53 yards this year.....MOST of that has to do with Hampton taking two guys out every rush play and sometimes 3. He is playing amazing, even at his age. Yes, best 34 NT.
              Wilfork does all of the above and plays a damn fine defensive end when we ask him too. Teams have to account for him on every single play. The success of your rush defense over ours has more to do with your linebackers than Hampton versus Wilfork. Wilfork is asked to do a whole lot more and is still just as effective, probably more at times. Not trying to take anything away from Hampton because I think he's a fantastic player anyone in the league would be happy to have, but at this point in his career, it's Vince>everyone else at nose tackle. Probably the second best defensive linemen in the league next to Ngata.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Hampton better than Wilfork.. Wow just wow...
                Breed's QB Philosophy:
                Originally posted by Breed
                At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                  Hampton better than Wilfork.. Wow just wow...
                  I guess people don't watch the fact that Wilfork is basically the DL in NE. All of this patriots fan optimism for how "well" Ron Brace or Brandon Deaderick is playing might be confusing other fans.

Wilfork is triple teamed on every play he is out there.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Devin McCourty=best 34 NT in NFL

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                      I guess people don't watch the fact that Wilfork is basically the DL in NE. All of this patriots fan optimism for how "well" Ron Brace or Brandon Deaderick is playing might be confusing other fans.

Wilfork is triple teamed on every play he is out there.
                      That is an exaggeration. And even if it is not, I will guarantee he is not triple teamed when he is playing us. Maurkice Pouncey matched up against Wilkfork. Alone will be the majority of the snaps.

I think we have to go with Nalej on this one. Agree to disagree. Hampton is playing with Nick Eason and Ziggy Hood. Smith & Keisel have both been out.

Comment

That is an exaggeration. And even if it is not, I will guarantee he is not triple teamed when he is playing us. Maurkice Pouncey matched up against Wilkfork. Alone will be the majority of the snaps.

I think we have to go with Nalej on this one. Agree to disagree. Hampton is playing with Nick Eason and Ziggy Hood. Smith & Keisel have both been out.
                        Im pretty sure I could beat Maurkice Pouncey one on one.

Comment

• I'm not even sure why you would say that.

Comment

I'm not even sure why you would say that.
                            I offered to fight him one day. He politefully declined

Comment

• Hampton is a great player and has been having an amazing year, but I still say Wilfork is the best 3-4 NT in the league right now (assuming you consider Ngata a DE). Wilfork can stuff the run and eat space like Hampton, but you can't move Hampton all over the line and you won't see him make too many plays in the backfield unless it is an inside run. Don't get me wrong, I expect to see Hampton forcefully rape Koppen as he has done many times before, but I still think Wilfork is the better player. It may be the homer in me, but I think Wilfork can do everything Hampton does but he offers more versatility and has a wider arrange of skills.

I'm hesitant to use the "talent around him" argument even though the Steelers do have the clear cut superior defense because in a 3-4 it all starts right on the nose, a great NT will do his job and blow up the middle of the line no matter who is next to him or besides him. The may not run at the middle of the defense as much when your NT is the definite best player on your defense (our issue), but a great NT's impact is still evident every play he is out there if you watch him. Hampton may get run right at a little more giving him more chances to blow some plays up because offenses also have to look for Harrison, Woodley, Polamalu, and Farrior before every snap; which may give him some more chances to make stops but that doesn't make him the better player.

Comment

• Also, something I want to say, yall bring up his versatiliy that makes him better. But what I am saying is Hampton is the best 34 NT. Not Hampton is the best 34 defensive lineman. Just the NT position. He is the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information