Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wilfork is best suited for the nose, I'd rather not have him move around anyways. Hampton is a great player and essentially takes away the middle of the line, but Wilfork can do that too. Wilfork is better at getting pressure on passing downs, Wilfork will make plays in the backfield on outside runs, and he will do things that men his size can't do like chase down screen passes. Hampton is a great player in his own right and one of the best in the game, but give me Wilfork 10 times out of 10.

    Comment


    • I am having difficulty finding video evidence, unfortunately. But I agree - the athleticism puts V-Weazy over the top as best NT in the biz for me, too.

      Watching him blow up screens, tackle a RB on the sidelines for a zero or one yard gain (and he's done it several times in his career) and pressure the QB is just sick.

      Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

      Comment


      • So I'm really curious about how the offense reacts to being completely shut down last week and facing the toughest test of the year on defense. Steelers have some vulnerability in the secondary right now, but we don't have any personnel to exploit it. I don't believe in any of our receivers at all. Honestly could see another route this week, much as it kills me to say it.

        R.I.P. Junior Seau

        Comment


        • Ugh I dont even want to think about it. WHY DID WE GIVE AWAY RANDY MOSS?


          Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            So I'm really curious about how the offense reacts to being completely shut down last week and facing the toughest test of the year on defense. Steelers have some vulnerability in the secondary right now, but we don't have any personnel to exploit it. I don't believe in any of our receivers at all. Honestly could see another route this week, much as it kills me to say it.
            Strangely, even though our offense isn't firing at the moment I think we match up well against their D. Clearly we wont be running up the gut 25 times a game and we don't have the personnel to have Brady take numerous 7 step drops to go deep. I think we'll see a heavy dose of screens and draws and a lot to the TEs and RBs out of the backfield. I think it will be a ball control offense and hope our D can pull it out against Big Ben and the Steelers offense


            BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

            Comment


            • If our defense doesnt have to be on the field for long periods of time I'm confident they can hold up. Our offense is going to need to run the clock down, lets get some of those 01-03 screens going we used to run so well. Maybe our BOTH our rookie TEs will show up and both contribute. I hope Gronk has his head back on.


              Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                Strangely, even though our offense isn't firing at the moment I think we match up well against their D. Clearly we wont be running up the gut 25 times a game and we don't have the personnel to have Brady take numerous 7 step drops to go deep. I think we'll see a heavy dose of screens and draws and a lot to the TEs and RBs out of the backfield. I think it will be a ball control offense and hope our D can pull it out against Big Ben and the Steelers offense
                See, I disagree there. Farrior and Timmons are both playing better than ever. All that stuff to the backs? It's going to blown up a good portion of the time. The vulnerability is at corner at the moment. Steelers are too quick to the ball to dink and dunk them like that.

                R.I.P. Junior Seau

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  See, I disagree there. Farrior and Timmons are both playing better than ever. All that stuff to the backs? It's going to blown up a good portion of the time. The vulnerability is at corner at the moment. Steelers are too quick to the ball to dink and dunk them like that.
                  Give me Woodhead's shiftiness and ability to make people miss against any LBer in the NFL. Timmons I see being good at stopping Welker and Hernandez turning a 7-8 yard gain into a 15 yard gain but that's ok. A methodical ball control offense is what's needed and that's what the Steelers will give you if you take it. I don't see anyway we can protect Brady for long enough so he can exploit their CBs.


                  BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                  Comment


                  • I don't have much confidence this week. Honestly, the only thing we have working in our favor is the pride & preparation of BB / Brady on the heels of a drubbing. But Pittsburgh is not the type of team you come out and light up b/c you're angry about last week's beating.

                    The teams we've faced that play smashmouth football have kicked our asses up and down the field. That's NYJ, Cleveland, and is likely going to be the Steelers. Even Baltimore was beating us up this way before a big comeback.

                    Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                      I don't have much confidence this week. Honestly, the only thing we have working in our favor is the pride & preparation of BB / Brady on the heels of a drubbing. But Pittsburgh is not the type of team you come out and light up b/c you're angry about last week's beating.

                      The teams we've faced that play smashmouth football have kicked our asses up and down the field. That's NYJ, Cleveland, and is likely going to be the Steelers. Even Baltimore was beating us up this way before a big comeback.
                      Yup, this is likely to not be pretty. Our offense won't be able to do **** against them. It's stop the run or die this week.

                      R.I.P. Junior Seau

                      Comment


                      • Stop the run means lots of room for Ben / Hines / Wallace. We're a lock to be the start of Heath Miller's re-emergence. lol

                        Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                          Stop the run means lots of room for Ben / Hines / Wallace. We're a lock to be the start of Heath Miller's re-emergence. lol
                          Worse yet, our favorite defensive back in the world, none other than Darius Butler, will likely be the guy covering Wallace.

                          R.I.P. Junior Seau

                          Comment


                          • Butler's fine on Wallace. It's the physical WRs that he was having trouble with. He can run with anyone, and I'm pretty confident in him covering less physical receivers.

                            I think you guys are underestimating the Pats' offense v. the Steelers' D. The short passing game, screens, and draws are perfect for taking advantage of Pittsburgh's aggressive style of defense.

                            This is also the ideal game to get Fred Taylor back. He'll be able to get the tough yards that The Law Firm just can't.

                            The offense has to do its job and control the clock. That's the key to the game.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                              Butler's fine on Wallace. It's the physical WRs that he was having trouble with. He can run with anyone, and I'm pretty confident in him covering less physical receivers.

                              I think you guys are underestimating the Pats' offense v. the Steelers' D. The short passing game, screens, and draws are perfect for taking advantage of Pittsburgh's aggressive style of defense.

                              This is also the ideal game to get Fred Taylor back. He'll be able to get the tough yards that The Law Firm just can't.

                              The offense has to do its job and control the clock. That's the key to the game.
                              I'm holding you to that statement haha.


                              Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                So I'm really curious about how the offense reacts to being completely shut down last week and facing the toughest test of the year on defense. Steelers have some vulnerability in the secondary right now, but we don't have any personnel to exploit it. I don't believe in any of our receivers at all. Honestly could see another route this week, much as it kills me to say it.
                                Completely different defensive styles. The New England offense is built to feed off of aggressive defenses. Hopefully the playcalling will be better this week, and - most importantly - Tom & Co. execute.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information