Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I'm in a bit of a debate with Razor about whether it would be insane or not for the Patriots to take a TE in the first two round of next years draft. I'm on the "it would be insane" side of the argument based on the fact they just took Hernandez and Gronk.

Even if Crumpler leaves, you still have two very good young TEs. I'll maybe buy spending a late rounder on a guy to develop as a backup, but I just can't see a 3rd TE being a top two round need in any way.

Your thoughts?

Comment

• As I've said in the mock thread, it's not more insane than it seemed taking a CB in the first this past draft. While it seems odd I wouldn't put it past Belichick to select a TE relatively high next year. BB loves his TEs, and bit Kendrick and Stoker could offer a lot in all three phases of the game. Something that BB also likes a lot.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Nothing would surprise me with a BB draft any more but I have to side with Baron here. We moved up to make sure and grab Gronk and Hernandez is playing amazing right now (for a rookie). I can see the later rounds being a MAYBE like he said but certainly not early. I just cant see it.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          So, I'm in a bit of a debate with Razor about whether it would be insane or not for the Patriots to take a TE in the first two round of next years draft. I'm on the "it would be insane" side of the argument based on the fact they just took Hernandez and Gronk.

Even if Crumpler leaves, you still have two very good young TEs. I'll maybe buy spending a late rounder on a guy to develop as a backup, but I just can't see a 3rd TE being a top two round need in any way.

Your thoughts?
          I'm with you. Specialty blockers are ALWAYS there in the 4th round plus.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            I'm with you. Specialty blockers are ALWAYS there in the 4th round plus.
            Or available in Free agency.

Though, I'd love to have Stanley Havili in round 4.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• There is no say we take a TE earlier than the 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                As I've said in the mock thread, it's not more insane than it seemed taking a CB in the first this past draft. While it seems odd I wouldn't put it past Belichick to select a TE relatively high next year. BB loves his TEs, and bit Kendrick and Stoker could offer a lot in all three phases of the game. Something that BB also likes a lot.
                I must have missed this post...but Kendrick and Stocker? We already have Kendrick and his name is Aaron Hernadez. Our version is the better of the two anyway. Stocker, despite his size, is a specialty receiver and a streaky one at that too. Gronk can do everything he can and block on top of it. I thought you were talking about a guy like Weslye Saunders who is a great in line blocker to replace Crumpler. Taking another tight end that can catch at all in the draft would be a wasted draft pick. There's not enough balls for the tight ends as it is. We need to draft receivers with upside who are 6'1+ this year, not tight ends.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._headlines2col

Originally posted by WMD
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Hopefully he is at least slowed because knowing him he'll likely play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Ugh I just havent been looking forward to this game since the Clev loss. I seriously even dreamt about us losing last night haha. Is that bad?

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• You guys are so doom & gloom. Before last week, everyone's all happy and optimistic, now you're all sad and pessimistic. It's ridiculous.

Comment

• Hey false, I even posted before the Browns game I wasnt convinced and was sort of waiting for us to lose or get blown out.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                            You guys are so doom & gloom. Before last week, everyone's all happy and optimistic, now you're all sad and pessimistic. It's ridiculous.
                            I thought we had a bad chance even before the Cleveland game. Sort of hard to be in a good mood when you're staring two straight losses in the face.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• **** the Jets. Lucky bastards. haha I cant believe we got spanked by that Browns team.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• I hate the god damned Jets.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information