Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wouldnt want to part with a first in this draft that has a ton of good DEs and WRs. I would looove to have him, hes a very classy guy and works hella hard. Also we know how Arizona is with trading their WRs like they did to Boldin.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• ^^ Exactamundo.

He's a perfect fit for this offense. Full route tree but best served running 15 yards or deeper. Big, tall & aggressive going for the ball. Studly red zone target. Sure handed and always giving 100% in both pass an run game plays.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        I just wouldnt want to part with a first in this draft that has a ton of good DEs and WRs. I would looove to have him, hes a very classy guy and works hella hard. Also we know how Arizona is with trading their WRs like they did to Boldin.
        Well, if you figure we've using one of those picks on a wide receiver anyway, it's really not that bad of a deal if the Cards are going to trade him. The great part of having all those defensive ends is that one of them will fall. JJ Watt is probably my top guy right now if he comes out and he might last until the second round even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'll take Fitz over the next Watson / Graham / Maroney. Let's not forget that picks can bust.

It's all irrelvant since nothing could even be done until the off season. Rumors that can't be acted on for another 3 months FTMFL!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
            I'll take Fitz over the next Watson / Graham / Maroney. Let's not forget that picks can bust.

It's all irrelvant since nothing could even be done until the off season. Rumors that can't be acted on for another 3 months FTMFL!
            Yeah, I agree. All of those guys looked promising and did next to nothing for us outside of Graham who was a heck of a blocker.

Article here, but let's stash this for the offseason.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...le-room-to-run

But yeah, anyone start thinking about the Lions yet?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• 12.30 start leading right into dinner. **** yeah!

I'm getting excited (and a bit sleepy) just thinking about it.

Comment

• It should be throwback again, too. Awesomeness!! All white would be fantastic.

Comment

• Normally i dont care how rich folk spend their money but a #1 wr is going to cost you a heck of a lot less than a Larry Fitzgerald. I'd probably wait and see if they could grab one of the so called big 4 or 5 (whatever it is today) and if not then go ahead and make a trade.

Wr and 3-4 DE would be my priority and that is clearly the strength of this draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    Normally i dont care how rich folk spend their money but a #1 wr is going to cost you a heck of a lot less than a Larry Fitzgerald. I'd probably wait and see if they could grab one of the so called big 4 or 5 (whatever it is today) and if not then go ahead and make a trade.

Wr and 3-4 DE would be my priority and that is clearly the strength of this draft.
                    Like EE was saying - if it's the strength of the draft we can afford to move a higher pick for a guy like Fitz. I'll take the polished stud for 5 or 6 years over the 'potential' of a guy that likely won't help immediately. Brady ain't no spring chicken, ya dig?

We could still land the DE / OLB / etc. with all the picks we have. We're only going to trade them away for more future picks anyway. It's almost a case of Fitzgerald vs. the perpetual trade into next year's draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      Normally i dont care how rich folk spend their money but a #1 wr is going to cost you a heck of a lot less than a Larry Fitzgerald. I'd probably wait and see if they could grab one of the so called big 4 or 5 (whatever it is today) and if not then go ahead and make a trade.

I'm pretty much with Elvis right now. Wouldn't hurt to add some potential, but it would be be better to get someone who has already converted his potential.

Agree about priorities though. We're in a unique position with both of those needs. A true number one wide receiver makes our offense better on all fronts in a lot of ways as I mentioned before and we have a chance to turn a weakness in DE into an instant strength if we find someone who can play and then get a Ty Warren healthy. We have superb depth and situational guys there with Mike Wright, Ron Brace, and Myron Pryor. An alpha dog turns that group into something special potentially.

As far as the Lions go, the matchup favor us if we can get the ball down the field. Think this is another good Woodhead game potentially and Brady should do pretty well too. We get a hell of a measuring stick for McCourty against CJ too. That's far and away the most important thing to lookout for outside of stopping Suh and that defensive line.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• McCourty has been more impressive each week. It's definitely going to be interesting to see what kind of game he can produce against a pass happy team. It's a solid test, actually, since CJ / Burleson / Pettigrew are a good group of pass catching threats.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                          McCourtey has been more impressive each week. It's definitely going to be interesting to see what kind of game he can produce against a pass happy team. It's a solid test, actually, since CJ / Burleson / Pettigrew are a good group of pass catching threats.
                          Honestly not worried about him. I can honestly see McCourty becoming better than Asante ever was for us. Maybe I'm getting over excited, but you don't see him getting beat a whole hell of a lot and he's been asked to do more than any rookie corner in the league.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            Honestly not worried about him. I can honestly see McCourty becoming better than Asante ever was for us. Maybe I'm getting over excited, but you don't see him getting beat a whole hell of a lot and he's been asked to do more than any rookie corner in the league.
                            I don't think you're over excited at all. I see a kid who looks to have all the tools required to become an elite CB.

It's a double edged sword, anyway. If he does become that stud CB he'll probably just skip town when he hits FA b/c we won't pay him. :(

Comment

• I'm not thinking about that haha. Probably right, but it's nice to think we have a guy who can be potentially elite at his position. Strong, strong candidate for DROY. Won't win it because of Suh, but deserves second.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Agreed. Suh has been sick, that's for damn sure. He's heading for a unanimous vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information