Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suppose, but where are you expecting Oaklands pick to be tho, right now it looks like it could be right around 18-20.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
      I suppose, but where are you expecting Oaklands pick to be tho, right now it looks like it could be right around 18-20.
      I can honestly see them winning only one more game, might even lose them all. Gradkowski is out for the season in all likelihood and McFadden is wearing down.

Chargers-Loss
      Jacksonville- Jags will be playing for a division title, Oakland is basically out of it with a Chargers loss
      Denver-Probably a win
      Indy-Playing for the playoffs
      Kansas City-Playing for position/fending off Chargers

That would likely be a top fifteen pick, somewhere in the 10-13 range.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• The Jets blitz because that's what they do. The Patriots don't because that's not what they do. It really doesn't have to anything to do with the players they have. Completely different styles.

The Jets play an aggressive style and the Patriots play it safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          The Jets blitz because that's what they do. The Patriots don't because that's not what they do. It really doesn't have to anything to do with the players they have. Completely different styles.

The Jets play an aggressive style and the Patriots play it safe.
          While this is true, I think the personal still holds us back schematically.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            Sedrick Ellis, Sione Pouha, Mike Devito
            Bryan Thomas, Bart Scott, Davis Harris, Calvin Pace

Not really scary. Those guys can be aggressive because of the corners, which you even included. Wilson is a work in project, but locking down the down field threats allows them to stack the box.

I would be against drafting a corner in any sane situation to, but we're looking at Patrick Peterson and Amu here, two RARE guys. How often do you see corners worthy of going top five? Overdrafted, sure, but worthy of it? Not often. Two in this years draft and we might have a shot at one. I'm ok getting a guy who could be as good as Nnamdi is a few years and have another potential star playing opposite them. Doesn't hurt that we can get Kerrigan, or maybe even Robert Quinn, in the same round.
            It would be a lot scarier if it Sederick Ellis and not Shaun Ellis lol but I get where you're coming from. The Jets don't have 4 players they can count on to create enough pressure so they bring more. Remember they had a pretty good defense last year with Revis and no one else in that secondary. The Jets blitz because Rex Ryan can create packages which are tough to stop. If he could drop more into coverage and create the same pressure then he would

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• I really am warming to the idea of Patrick Peterson or Prince, but I also want a first or second round DE and a first or second round OLB if we get those and they pan out then our defense would be ridiculously good combined with the pieces we already have /runonsentence

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                I really am warming to the idea of Patrick Peterson or Prince, but I also want a first or second round DE and a first or second round OLB if we get those and they pan out then our defense would be ridiculously good combined with the pieces we already have /runonsentence
                Based on BPA if they went PP/Prince, Justin Houstin, Derek Sherrod and JJ Watt I could cry tears of joy but I also would not be against Julio Jones, Christian Ballard, Jeremy Beal and Gabe Carimi for example. If we go CB in the first I think the value needs to be tremendous because it would be somewhat of a luxury pick

Comment

• If we are somehow in the race for Patrick Peterson (everyone below Oakland wins 3 games while Oakland basically loses out), I would love to see him in a Patriots uniform, but I think we might be better off trading down and recouping the extra value for a position of bigger need.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                    If we are somehow in the race for Patrick Peterson (everyone below Oakland wins 3 games while Oakland basically loses out), I would love to see him in a Patriots uniform, but I think we might be better off trading down and recouping the extra value for a position of bigger need.
                    This is certainly the most likely scenario.

Originally posted by WMD
                    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                    Originally posted by gpngc
                    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                      This is certainly the most likely scenario.
                      The Patriots trading down in the draft to recoup value is the most likely scenario??? What exactly are you basing this on??? Lol ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                        Based on BPA if they went PP/Prince, Justin Houstin, Derek Sherrod and JJ Watt I could cry tears of joy but I also would not be against Julio Jones, Christian Ballard, Jeremy Beal and Gabe Carimi for example. If we go CB in the first I think the value needs to be tremendous because it would be somewhat of a luxury pick
                        Heading into the 2010 draft most of us agreed that CB really wasn't a big need. And I agree that the situation is similar heading into the 2011 draft. CB would be a luxury pick even if I don't necessarily believe such a thing exists (unless you're the Bills taking a RB w/Lynch and Freddy on the roster and major holes everwhere else, but that's a different discussion.)

Now that we have a CB who looks to be a game changer all I can think about is how much better we would be with 2. It's just that simple. With the league moving towards a pass happy, spread offense style, having two lock down CBs would make even a mediocre pass rush look good. With solid coverage LBs and excellent safeties we would have a seriously dangerous D.

I liked McCourty for us even though I thought it was a position we didn't really need to address. Now that I've seen him in action it reminds me why I was so bummed out when we allowed Assante to walk. Moar plz.

Also, please no trading down. The wheels have fallen off in Oakland. We should still be looking at #15 at worst. Use it. Take a stud talent. CB / DE / OLB / WR - each has a blue chipper or two so we should absolutely have the opportunity to take a stud. NO ******* TRADING DOWN! Moving down from our 32 spot (**** yeah!) is fine, but take a stud early.
                        Last edited by FlyingElvis; 12-02-2010, 09:01 AM.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Without a doubt we trade down from Oaklands pick. Probably will end up trading our 2nd for another 2 next year as well.
                          Breed's QB Philosophy:
                          Originally posted by Breed
                          At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                            Without a doubt we trade down from Oaklands pick. Probably will end up trading our 2nd for another 2 next year as well.
                            Come on don't say things like that. We all know it will happen, but can we just pretend it won't?

Comment

• Not going to think about trading down. That would be a nut shot.

Also; for the sake of getting even more Jets hatred flowing

Last edited by ElectricEye; 12-02-2010, 10:05 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• you asshat. now I have to go bleach my eyeballs.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information