Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think will happen with Mankins at the end of the year? Will he stay after holding out so long? How has he looked at Center?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• I really think Mankins stays. The Randy Moss situation was one of the best things that could have happened for the Logan Mankins situation.

Comment

• Agreed on Taylor. I'm sure they're playing it really easy with him.
        To go alon with how big of a game this is- we weren't going to focalize our running attack around a guy who's been out for so long
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I think NE can safely say they don't need a RB right now. Maybe another back just for injury concerns, but BJGE+Woodhead is ripping teams a new one.

---

Edit: Feel free to tell me who had Rob Gronkowski with more TDs than Randy Moss. Yea.
          Last edited by descendency; 12-08-2010, 09:36 AM.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I think we have more pressing needs so RB shouldn't be a high priority. But, as we saw w/McCourty, adding a true top talent at a position can make a big difference. I wouldn't be thrilled about an early RB . . . until we saw what our offense looked like w/a guy who could truly beast out there on all 3 downs.

Still, I'm hoping for DE / CB / WR in some combination with our top 3 picks. OL would be nice, too. This draft really sets us up to restock everywhere along the oline after adding blue chip talent at 2 spots on D. That is just sick . . .

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            What do you guys think will happen with Mankins at the end of the year? Will he stay after holding out so long? How has he looked at Center?
            Hopefully he & Kraft can put aside the higschool girl drama they built together and get a deal done. I honestly have no idea if either of them are interested in doing so. Also, Mankins hasn't played any center. He came right back into his LG spot and Connolly moved to RG to replace Neal.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I think if we make a pretty good playoffs push Mankins may think about staying in a winning environment. Like nepg said, watching the Moss situation may have helped the situation. Then theres the franchise tag we could stick on him and trade him to highest bidder. MOAR DRAFT PICKS

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Mankins has been a difference maker this year and saves us from using a pick in the top three rounds. He hasn't been a problem since reporting and hopefully that's a good sign. Would love for us to find a way to sign him again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I really hope the Mankins situation gets better because we look a lot better with him here than we did without him.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• So Bears stuff...

With the game being on the road, you have to look at it differently. We're coming off a short week and will need to keep everyone frosty and healthy after a very high effort game last week. Could be gassed.

I'm not as scared of their defense as some people tell me to be. Yeah, can't cut them up like we can Pittsburgh or the Jets, but that secondary doesn't scare me. Deion Branch and Wes Welker are actually better finding holes in the zone than they are getting open on good man coverage. Cromartie is a guy they can both just abuse, but people forget it's usually man that hurts them. Only concern is that the damage will have to come on the sideline and in the second level. Bears clog the middle with the linebackers and play sideline to sideline, so the extended handoffs will not be there. We'll have to see how that works.

Defensively, think this is a good match up for us actually. Cutler is just the type of quarterback this defense likes to face. McCourty could be in for another multi-interception game. Forte has been very effective lately and stopping his production is something to note, especially his catches out of the backfield and on third down, but the receivers and Cutler I'm comfortable with. BB has experience with Mike Martz style offenses and is usually pretty good at stopping them.

Very tough game, but I think it's very winnable for us if we play good football.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                      So Bears stuff...

With the game being on the road, you have to look at it differently. We're coming off a short week and will need to keep everyone frosty and healthy after a very high effort game last week. Could be gassed.

I'm not as scared of their defense as some people tell me to be. Yeah, can't cut them up like we can Pittsburgh or the Jets, but that secondary doesn't scare me. Deion Branch and Wes Welker are actually better finding holes in the zone than they are getting open on good man coverage. Cromartie is a guy they can both just abuse, but people forget it's usually man that hurts them. Only concern is that the damage will have to come on the sideline and in the second level. Bears clog the middle with the linebackers and play sideline to sideline, so the extended handoffs will not be there. We'll have to see how that works.

Defensively, think this is a good match up for us actually. Cutler is just the type of quarterback this defense likes to face. McCourty could be in for another multi-interception game. Forte has been very effective lately and stopping his production is something to note, especially his catches out of the backfield and on third down, but the receivers and Cutler I'm comfortable with. BB has experience with Mike Martz style offenses and is usually pretty good at stopping them.

Very tough game, but I think it's very winnable for us if we play good football.
                      This is how I feel. I like our offense against the Bears defense. My biggest concern is Julius Peppers. If he shows up we could be in for a long night. Defensively, I think that BB will find a way to exploit a very weak oline. Cutler is going to be pressured, and when presured he throws interceptions. McCourty could be in for another great performance, but my guess is that if anybody will get the INTs it's going to be Chung/Meri/Sanders. I think Cutler will look to find Olsen when pressured, but if we have a safety sitting in the zone I think they will make a play. I'm not confident confident about this game, but I feel OK about it.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• The Patriots should be heavy favorites, but the Bears have been winning games they have no business winning all year. Also, they've actually looked good the last couple of games opposed to the rest of the season.

Comment

• I think we could see a lot of Jarrad Page on Sunday night to do what McGowan done last year and try and lock on the TE. Im worried about what Hester can do in the open field so it may be a case that whoever is on him will have to play close to the line and get a good jam on him

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                            I think we could see a lot of Jarrad Page on Sunday night to do what McGowan done last year and try and lock on the TE. Im worried about what Hester can do in the open field so it may be a case that whoever is on him will have to play close to the line and get a good jam on him
                            I think we've been very good the last month or so to not allow the TE to just get off the line. It's been huge for our defense I think. Olsen is by far their biggest receiving threat, but Johnny Know is just a good football player. He's kinda like their Wes Welker, although they aren't all that similar lol. Lots of speed on that offense, big play ability on ST and a nasty defense. But like I stated earlier: Their OL is ****, we are going to get pressure on Cutler. Cutler makes a lot of bad decisions under pressure, and I think Cutler may ultimately end up winning the game for us. I am not (and never have been) a Cutler fan. I think he's vastly overrated. Their defense have a great front seven, but their defensive backfield has its flaws. I'm very excited for this game. If we win this I feel a lot better of our chances going forward. Also, it looks like the weather is going to be awful with -40 degree windchill. That could decide the game...

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                              The Patriots should be heavy favorites, but the Bears have been winning games they have no business winning all year. Also, they've actually looked good the last couple of games opposed to the rest of the season.
                              Yeah, this is the way I feel about it as it stands right now. We should win, but there's a chance we don't.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Chicago has been excellent since their bye in week 8. Everything in this game hinges on our protection. The Bears front has been very good and our offensive line can be exploited. I've seen way too many communication errors from Connelly & Vollmer to be at all comfortable and we all know Light vs. Peppers is a terrible matchup for us. Add in Koppen's once per game average whiff and we could see Brady getting awfully antsy (if not outright killed) back there.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information