X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amen to that.

Meriweather: tackling McCourty on the long Jones TD... WTF
    Cunningham: missed like 3,sacks today. Gets his hand on the qb but can never wrap up
    I bring it up bc he does this alot! Good on him for bringing pressure though
    TBC: Illegal hands to the face. Last play didn't make up for it completely

McCourty: DROY I said it
    Wilfork: Should be on the DPOTY ballot

That's just the d
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I think we got 1st seed locked up. Basically just beat buffalo and its a lock. Rest up vs Miami.
      Breed's QB Philosophy:
      Originally posted by Breed
      At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
        Amen to that.

Meriweather: tackling McCourty on the long Jones TD... WTF
        Cunningham: missed like 3,sacks today. Gets his hand on the qb but can never wrap up
        I bring it up bc he does this alot! Good on him for bringing pressure though
        TBC: Illegal hands to the face. Last play didn't make up for it completely

McCourty: DROY I said it
        Wilfork: Should be on the DPOTY ballot

That's just the d
        Matt Flynn had three touchdowns and the Patriots defense was on the field the entire game, but they came up with a lot of key plays. The goal line stand on the one yard line was awesome, they picked up what, four sacks? and obviously Kyle Arrington's interception was huge. Our offense was struggling for the majority of the game with almost no plays.

Comment

• The D always seems to come up with plays when needed. I applaud them for that.
          I know were thin up front and missing Spikes is obvious. Some rest is much needed

How seriously hurt is Connolly?

Comment

• Wow...I think I had at least 3 heart attacks that game! Thank God they pulled out the win!

Here is my quick assesment...

1 - We saw the Cleveland model of ball control copied tonight...and it worked damn well for the most part. Those big backs killed us all night! Who whould have thought that John Kuhn would be that big a factor this evening?

2 - Our secondary showed its youth this evening.

3 - Tackling was very poor.

4 - Defense bending but not breaking saved the day!

5 - Brady was pressured relentlessly, get game calling by Dom Capers, O-line did just enough to give Brady time to keep drives alive.

6 - Does Dan Connolly become a cult hero after that run?

7 - Where were the penalties on the Packers? Are you telling me that Wilfork wasn't held once that whole game? No effing way. Also, on the illegal hands to the face call, the Packer O-lineman clearly has his hand clenched onto Banta-Cane's facemask. Unreal. What was up with that ******** personal foul call on McCourty? What happens if Quarless catches that ball? There was no one Devin could have pulled up and not hit him.

8 - Im starting to like Kyle Arrington more and more.

9 - Woodhead looked awesome again tonight! I love that guy! I have to but a #39 Jersey or t-shirt or something.

10 - 12-2 sure is nice, but a lot of work still has to be done.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
              6 - Does Dan Connolly become a cult hero after that run?
              It happened the second he crossed midfield.

Comment

• I should kill myself for underestimating the Packers. Haven't seen the game yet but I will once I get home tonight. Nice to see Arrington get a pick 6, he's had a lot of near interceptions this year. And McBeastly with a sack... I think I'm in love...

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• I heart Danny Woodhead 4ever

Comment

• I'm just glad they won. For those hoping they'd get a loss before the playoffs, I think this one counts.

Positive note is that I don't think the game goes much different with Rodgers in place of Flynn...

Comment

• Vince Wilfork over Clay Matthews for DPOTY. He's an animal.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        Vince Wilfork over Clay Matthews for DPOTY. He's an animal.
                        No arguement from me. Our D goes as he goes.
                        I wasn't a fan of his facemasking or offsides to keep that drive alive but hey... I can't be too upset
                        He was on the field for most of the game

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          Vince Wilfork over Clay Matthews for DPOTY. He's an animal.
                          The sad thing is he doesn't have the statistics to get anyone to vote for him. :(

Comment

• I think one thing that was heavily underestimated; Dom Capers knows our schemes and personal. He had that year here where he was a special assistant, so he sort of knows how we do things. Very good effort by a very good defense. They did their homework on us as well. Scary, scary game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yeah they gave us everything we had and Flynn was very impressive. Even though Rodgers didn't play I was happy to see us pull out a close game, the Packers have a great defense and play really tough. Some things I noticed:

-The pressure was coming from the interior, I know it can't be blamed on one person but every time we face a 3-4 team with a good NT it seems the NT dominates. We need to look for a center, love Koppen and he doesn't deserve all the blame, but it's time to groom a replacement.

-We need to do everything we can to get Mankins back here, the OL has had better games but we need Mankins. He is a monster and it is clear that he is the leader of our line. Vollmer has blossomed into a stud as well.

-A first round DE looked like a strong possibility last night. Wilfork beasted as usual, but other than that we were getting worked in the trenches.

-I can't say enough about our tight ends. Crumpler is a great blocker, Gronkowski will be one of the best TE's in the league, and Hernandez is a matchup nightmare who is not useless is a blocker. Gronkowski threw some nice blocks last night and Hernandez scored both of his TD's while being covered by DB's, one being Woodson.

-We missed Spikes badly last night. That looked like a game from last season, he has made a huge difference on our defense and we need him back.

-Dane Fletcher could be a guy who has a real future here. He is a rookie and definitely looks lost at times (James Jones' near first down to lead to the last play of the game), but he has a lot of talent and plays hard. He has the ability to play inside and outside, and for a guy who is a rookie that was a small school defensive end last year you have to be impressed.

-How about Meriweather taking out McCourty on that long TD? Sometimes I wonder what the hell he is doing, other times he looks great.

-Kyle Arrington and McCourty had great games. Darius Butler looked like **** again.

-Branch is a stud. He and Brady really have quite the chemistry, and Branch threw a huge block to spring BJGE on that long TD.

-Dan Connolly's kick return was the greatest play I have ever seen.

Comment

• Holy **** that was wild. Waayyyyy too stressful a night for a team lacking it's all-world QB.

McCourty is a few more big plays away from taking DROY away from Suh. I don't know if it'll happen b/c Suh is clearly a nasty, rip-your-head-off type player, but the vote damn sure better be fairly close.

I agree on Arrington . . . he's making it tough to want his replacement suited up. Though I beleive I said that about Hobbs once, too. lol

We need to win next week in a bad way. The reason: Wilfork needs two weeks off. The guy can't be expected to play that many downs and be at all effective in the playoffs. We need a top flight DE in the upcoming draft.
                                Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                                -Dan Connolly's kick return was the greatest play I have ever seen.
                                I agree. In a game that induced edge-of-my-seat anxiety, that play had me literally lol'ing. I hit rewind 3 times and just kept laughing. Awseomeness!!

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                                -The pressure was coming from the interior, I know it can't be blamed on one person but every time we face a 3-4 team with a good NT it seems the NT dominates. We need to look for a center, love Koppen and he doesn't deserve all the blame, but it's time to groom a replacement.
                                I concur.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information