This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
    I think the Raiders have played us out of contention with an elite WR prospect
    With that said, I have no confidence in our coaching staff's ability to develop WRs
    I do. We've just taken some really, really ****** ones. Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate hopefully not...all not that good in terms of actually playing receiver.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
      Wow. I was watching the Bucs game the other day and they mentioned Ted Larsen at left guard, and I didn't even think to check it out. That is crazy that he already is gone and starting for another team, I guess good for him. Well then I guess that cements the fact that we do really need OL help badly haha.

Mankins need to get locked up, we need to take a center and a tackle as well. I really think OL might be what we try to rebuild considering how much we are aging there, Light and Koppen are close to the end. Vollmer gives us the flexibility to take either a LT or RT as well.
      If we keep Mankins, it could be a real quick rebuild. Dan Connolly is not only a legendary kick returner, but is a hell of a guard too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Bethel Johnson was considered a project WR/Stud KR
        Chad Jackson was arguably the best WR prospect of that draft class even over Holmes
        B.Tate was considered better than Nicks until he tore his ACL. His ACL is fine now
        Taylor Price... too soon to say

I don't agree that we've taken ****** WRs.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Yeah I am sold on Connolly as a starting guard, like you said we will be in good shape if we keep Mankins (which I think we will). We need a center and another tackle, but honestly I think we could see us take a couple young guys at those positions and keep Koppen and Light around to start for one more year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
            Bethel Johnson was considered a project WR/Stud KR
            Chad Jackson was arguably the best WR prospect of that draft class even over Holmes
            B.Tate was considered better than Nicks until he tore his ACL. His ACL is fine now
            Taylor Price... too soon to say

I don't agree that we've taken ****** WRs.
            All of them have turned out pretty badly though. Doesn't really matter what was thought of them at the time, we're supposed to be able to see how they translate to the NFL. Tate doesn't look like he has the hands to stay on the field right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              All of them have turned out pretty badly though. Doesn't really matter what was thought of them at the time, we're supposed to be able to see how they translate to the NFL. Tate doesn't look like he has the hands to stay on the field right now.
              I guess that's my point. We can't seem to develop the potential.
              I refuse to leave the coaching staff unaccountable for that.
              The Pats do a great job of developing QBs and OL. It's what they do.
              I think they weak point is WR. Just my opinion though.
              You could be right and it could just be fluky picks who don't pan out
              I think it's somwhere in the middle

Comment

• I feel like we need an immediate replacement at C b/c of the increase in 3-4 fronts. Tackle is less pressing b/c we can help Light w/schemes as long as we keep Mankins next to him. Still, a replacement RT needs to be drafted and expected to start in 2012 at the latest.

Light is clearly in decline but I just don't see him as a bum. Yet. lol

I think w/Alge and RB chips we can still be successful w/a line of Light / Mankins / Wis/O'Dowd / Connolly / Vollmer next year. The pressure we've faced seems to be consistently coming from the middle. That needs to stop.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Don't forget about Nick K who can plays RT for us.
                  We can shift Vollmer to LT and put Nick back to RT
                  If we keep Mankin then a C would be all we needed

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                    I feel like we need an immediate replacement at C b/c of the increase in 3-4 fronts. Tackle is less pressing b/c we can help Light w/schemes as long as we keep Mankins next to him. Still, a replacement RT needs to be drafted and expected to start in 2012 at the latest.

Light is clearly in decline but I just don't see him as a bum. Yet. lol

I think w/Alge and RB chips we can still be successful w/a line of Light / Mankins / Wis/O'Dowd / Connolly / Vollmer next year. The pressure we've faced seems to be consistently coming from the middle. That needs to stop.
                    Yup. It's not just DE's taking shots at Brady anymore, it's monster NT's. That's not healthy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I know this will be sacrilege to fans of Boston area sports, but Dan Connolly isn't that good of an OG. He's a nice utility player (FB, G, KR), but I think his best position is a backup. Whoever manned the RG position after Connolly left needs to be back on the practice squad. That was embarrassing at times.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Connolly has been better than Neal, and Neal is a stellar player when healthy. I'm completely comfortable with him starting. Haven't seen him get beat badly once this year. We were on him here way before the kick return.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I agree. He's exceeded all expectations in the starting lineup.
                          When I watch a game... he doesn't stand out... unless, of course, he's returning kicks
                          With that said... if you don't see him... it means he's playing great
                          and when you do zone in on him, he does a more than adequate job.
                          I'd feel comfortable with him as the open day starter at RG

Comment

• I'll take an average guard. In the realm of guards, there's average ones, fantastic ones, and ****** ones. Connolly isn't ******, so he's doing a better job than half the league already. Nobody looks at their football team and says "Jeez, I need to go out there and make sure I have the best possible guards." Most of them are just solid guys like Connolly. Don't hold your guy, block the interior rush, and run block. Doesn't take a fantastic skillset to do.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Here's a scenerio since I'm bored and it's a bit dead here:

Who would you want if at #15(ish)

What if PP was available there but so was Kerrigan.
                              and we feel that we can nab A.Smith/J.Beal at 32/33

If you were GM, would you grab PP there? Or grab Kerrigan?

I'll cheat and say trade down like a mofo!

Comment

• Peterson. Tough decision, but if he's there corner is fixed for years.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information