Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    I'll take an average guard. In the realm of guards, there's average ones, fantastic ones, and ****** ones. Connolly isn't ******, so he's doing a better job than half the league already. Nobody looks at their football team and says "Jeez, I need to go out there and make sure I have the best possible guards." Most of them are just solid guys like Connolly. Don't hold your guy, block the interior rush, and run block. Doesn't take a fantastic skillset to do.
    More like don't get caught holding your guy. Holding happens every single play, I remeber my football coach telling me hundreds of stories about NFL coaches on holding.


    Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      Peterson. Tough decision, but if he's there corner is fixed for years.
      Is it? I'm not sure PPs best fit in the pros is at CB tbh. But I wouldn't comlplain is we drafted him and put him in at FS with Chung and Jimmy playing SS. Trade Meri (I guess for a third) and have PP return punts. It all sounds very nice, but I think we would trade down, and that's what I'd want as well if the price is right. PP is a great physical specimen, but imo Prince is the better player at this point. Also, I'm not sure if PP is a good fit in our defensive scheme, he doesn't strike me as a great zone corner. Haven't seen more than a few LSU games though, so I have to take a closer look. But that's just my view on PP right now..

      Originally posted by ElectricEye
      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

      Comment


      • we shouldnt even be having this convo right now. i highly doubt EITHER PP or Prince will be available at 15ish. The real question is whether Kerrigan will still even be around because teams above us may take him.

        Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

        Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
          we shouldnt even be having this convo right now. i highly doubt EITHER PP or Prince will be available at 15ish. The real question is whether Kerrigan will still even be around because teams above us may take him.
          Yup, I'm totally on board with this. Kerrigan has the intangibles that every team covet. Non-stop motor, great work ethic and a great character. On top of that he's productive and has good (not great) physical tools. But I still think that Quinn, Clayborn and maybe even Aldon Smith will go higher than Kerrigan.

          Originally posted by ElectricEye
          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Razor View Post
            Is it? I'm not sure PPs best fit in the pros is at CB tbh. But I wouldn't comlplain is we drafted him and put him in at FS with Chung and Jimmy playing SS. Trade Meri (I guess for a third) and have PP return punts. It all sounds very nice, but I think we would trade down, and that's what I'd want as well if the price is right. PP is a great physical specimen, but imo Prince is the better player at this point. Also, I'm not sure if PP is a good fit in our defensive scheme, he doesn't strike me as a great zone corner. Haven't seen more than a few LSU games though, so I have to take a closer look. But that's just my view on PP right now..
            I agree with most of that, and I would prefer Prince(Who I think is more likely to be there), but both of them are legit top five picks at defensive back and we have some major room for improvement there.

            R.I.P. Junior Seau

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              I agree with most of that, and I would prefer Prince(Who I think is more likely to be there), but both of them are legit top five picks at defensive back and we have some major room for improvement there.
              Im coming more and more round to the idea of going CB there if PP or Prince somehow fall. The only OLBs I like at the range are Quinn and Kerrigan. The only DEs in that range I like are Fairley and Dareus. There is a very good chance theyre all gone when we pick. So then it's down to CB or offensive line, assuming the top two WRs are also gone. Im a little worried though that with where we will pick and the talent that may well be gone the options may be someone like Sherrod, Smith etc at OT or Brandon Harris, Janoris Jenkins etc at CB. If that's the case Im for trading down and picking up Houston or Beal then interior line. Then a Cameron Heyward type player at 33.


              BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

              Comment


              • I'm done with Fairley and Daerus as BB defensive ends. Don't have the right build or skills for it. Wouldn't touch either of them with a top pick. We've passed on players like that multiple times in the past and I really don't see us changing that.

                R.I.P. Junior Seau

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  I'm done with Fairley and Daerus as BB defensive ends. Don't have the right build or skills for it. Wouldn't touch either of them with a top pick. We've passed on players like that multiple times in the past and I really don't see us changing that.
                  Dareus maybe, but Fairley is intriguing. Definitely better as a penetrating DT but he has almost everything that BB wants. Good length and strength and nice long arms. Uses his hands well too. I think both will be gone though


                  BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                  Comment


                  • I'm not sure about Fairley. 6'5 298 is closer to 6'3(which he measured coming out of HS) 310. He's built stout, not long like we like our 3-4 DE's. Great one gap guy, not sure he's an ideal fit in a 2 Gap system.

                    R.I.P. Junior Seau

                    Comment


                    • Fairley a Glen Dorsey type. He might be able to become a very good 3-4 DE, but it's not a position he should be projected at. He'd be Myron Pryor in the Pats' defense. Dareus is different. He can play all along a 3-4 DL.

                      Comment


                      • I still like Dareus as a DE for us. I think he'd be in the rotation in our base package and would be an upgrade over Wright in our sub packages
                        I'd love to pick him up
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                          I still like Dareus as a DE for us. I think he'd be in the rotation in our base package and would be an upgrade over Wright in our sub packages
                          I'd love to pick him up
                          agreed. Me and ROP have been sayin this for a while.

                          Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                          Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                          Comment


                          • I just don't see Dareus that way. I see him more as a Glenn Dorsey type as well. Just doesn't strike me as a gap responsibility type guy.

                            R.I.P. Junior Seau

                            Comment


                            • about 4 months still to the draft :(

                              Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                              Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                              Comment


                              • Injury report

                                Tully Banta-Cain LB Groin Did Not Participate
                                Deion Branch WR Knee Did Not Participate
                                Dan Connolly G Concussion Did Not Participate
                                Jermaine Cunningham LB Calf Did Not Participate
                                Aaron Hernandez TE Hip Did Not Participate
                                Mike Wright DL Concussion Did Not Participate

                                Ron Brace DL Concussion Limited Participation
                                Tom Brady QB Right Shoulder/Foot Limited Participation
                                Brandon Deaderick DL Shoulder Limited Participation
                                Myron Pryor NT Back Limited Participation

                                Kyle Arrington CB Elbow Full Participation
                                Tom Brady no longer has the flu at it appears it has gone from the team. So yeah. Connolly looks like he's out :(

                                R.I.P. Junior Seau

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information