Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England Patriots Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I also agree with what someone said about possibly letting the clock go out on 32 if we have it. If Belichick can have the top 2 picks on the second day he could really rape some stupid teams of quality picks and/or players


    BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

    Comment


    • I believe this draft is the last under the old CBA so any new wage scale will not be applied until the next draft? That will be a major sticking point when we get there. THese kids will be drafted under the old system, the draft is in fact the last function of the 2010 "year", but will be signed either under (A) no CBA or (B) the new CBA. I can see that being a potential big mess where teams and agents are posturing on how to compensate the kids of this draft.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
        I believe this draft is the last under the old CBA so any new wage scale will not be applied until the next draft? That will be a major sticking point when we get there. THese kids will be drafted under the old system, the draft is in fact the last function of the 2010 "year", but will be signed either under (A) no CBA or (B) the new CBA. I can see that being a potential big mess where teams and agents are posturing on how to compensate the kids of this draft.
        That's one of those things you hope there's some sort of system in place for, but possibly isn't. Could be very confusing.

        R.I.P. Junior Seau

        Comment


        • Originally posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
          I believe this draft is the last under the old CBA so any new wage scale will not be applied until the next draft? That will be a major sticking point when we get there. THese kids will be drafted under the old system, the draft is in fact the last function of the 2010 "year", but will be signed either under (A) no CBA or (B) the new CBA. I can see that being a potential big mess where teams and agents are posturing on how to compensate the kids of this draft.
          Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
          That's one of those things you hope there's some sort of system in place for, but possibly isn't. Could be very confusing.
          The 2011 NFL draft is the last event under the old CBA. Rookies won't be signed until a new CBA is announced which will almost certainly have some form of a rookie wage scale. At least that's what Scott has been saying.


          BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

          Comment


          • Yeah, rookie wage sale is coming sooner rather than later. I'm pretty pumped about it actually. Means we'll use more of our draft picks.

            R.I.P. Junior Seau

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              Yeah, rookie wage sale is coming sooner rather than later. I'm pretty pumped about it actually. Means we'll use more of our draft picks.
              Yeah that's something I'm with Goodell 100%.


              Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                Yeah that's something I'm with Goodell 100%.
                i honestly think everyone agrees, minus incoming rookies

                Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                Comment


                • Actually, I think the Patriots may trade down more because of a rookie cap.

                  Picks will become more valuable as a top pick will no longer merit having a huge contract tied to it. More teams will be interested in those players, so the value will go up.

                  I don't think it's about money. I think Belichick values 2nd and 3rd round picks more than a first rounder.
                  **** her in da *****!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    Source? WAAAAAY too early for all this stuff. Anything you hear now is likely ******** writers made up out of boredom.
                    I can't seem to find the link now. Maybe the story was pulled. Personally I hope the author was just making it up because the rumor to why McShay is so high on Gabbert is because a top 5 GM thinks he's the second best QB in the draft and is highly considering him (privately). How that information got out (or if it was an intentional leak to drive up his stock) is anyone's guess.

                    Anyways... I still think it's not unreasonable for Heyward to be available for the 32nd/33rd pick because the NFL doesn't just look at his last game. His games have been inconsistent.
                    **** her in da *****!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by descendency View Post
                      Actually, I think the Patriots may trade down more because of a rookie cap.

                      Picks will become more valuable as a top pick will no longer merit having a huge contract tied to it. More teams will be interested in those players, so the value will go up.

                      I don't think it's about money. I think Belichick values 2nd and 3rd round picks more than a first rounder.
                      you could also have the opposite feeling with trading up more now. honestly, there arent alot of spots open anymore because we have such a young team and loaded team due to the abundance of 2nd round picks the last few years. you could see BB trading UP in order to secure a guy who will have a bigger impact due to the lack of depth at a certain position, or a guy he simply falls in love with. we just have too many picks for roster positions open right now.

                      i dont think that is what is going to happen, but im just making a statement that a few people could think like that

                      Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

                      Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by descendency View Post
                        I can't seem to find the link now. Maybe the story was pulled. Personally I hope the author was just making it up because the rumor to why McShay is so high on Gabbert is because a top 5 GM thinks he's the second best QB in the draft and is highly considering him (privately). How that information got out (or if it was an intentional leak to drive up his stock) is anyone's guess.
                        It's too early. BB likely hasn't even looked at prospects yet. Floyd Reese and some of the football operations guys likely have, but it's really too early to hear any information like that.

                        Luckily, Gabbert looks like he's going to be drafted top ten(which isn't the best idea IMO) so it won't be an issue even if we do have some sort of crush on him. I CAN see us liking him, for the record. Basically a more talented version of Kevin O'Connell who is familiar with the short passing offense(Even though he's not very good at it.).

                        R.I.P. Junior Seau

                        Comment


                        • http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...s-mvp-watch-34

                          Abaddon is that you?


                          Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                          Comment


                          • That's toio funny! I try to stay away from all homerisms on this site but there is NO question that Brady has had a most remarkable season when his team needed it most. Think back to the beginning of the year when the overwhelming theme of the chatter out there was that the Pat's run was over, the personnel that won all those big games was gone and the Pats were a potential 8-9 win team and trying to create a new cast of characters.

                            Well, they did. It is all new names aside from Brady, Welker and Wilfork (and of course BB). How can anyone vote otherwise? I put my homerism aside and expect the haters to be objective as well. Brady has the weight of his past performance and the expectations it creates on his back. He was slightly roasted for not spending as much time this off season in NE as in the past. Some questioned if Tom had lost some of the commitment to winning. Clearly his performance has put all that talk in the trash and made those who brought it up seem a bit foolish.

                            Comment


                            • Half the roster is made of up of new players....enough said.

                              R.I.P. Junior Seau

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                                im guessing me and you have completely different opinions on watt and his fit. but thats all good though, should def be something to watch down the stretch. he has all the makings of a patriot, minus the fit in my personal opinion. we shall see!
                                I personally don't think that JJ Watt will end up being the Pats' pick, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be a good one. You state that he isn't "huge" enough to be a good fit for the Patriots line. By that reasoning, the Patriots would have passed on Ndamukong Suh, since he doesn't have that extra-rotund blob shape like Wilfork

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information