Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE is definitely a position BB feels is a strong fit for higher picks. Heyward @ DE would be fine by me at 17.

I don't see any reason BB would not move up to get a guy he really feels can be a difference maker. There were rumors that the Pats were looking to move up last year. But, as always, it's all about the value.

Personally, I just don't see room on our roster for 6 rookies and that's only the first 3 rounds worth of draftees. At this point I have come full circle back to "In Bill We Trust." There was a rough patch drafting but now we're clearly back to absolutely dominating the draft.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
      i honestly think everyone agrees, minus incoming rookies
      and the agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
        DE is definitely a position BB feels is a strong fit for higher picks. Heyward @ DE would be fine by me at 17.

I don't see any reason BB would not move up to get a guy he really feels can be a difference maker. There were rumors that the Pats were looking to move up last year. But, as always, it's all about the value.

Personally, I just don't see room on our roster for 6 rookies and that's only the first 3 rounds worth of draftees. At this point I have come full circle back to "In Bill We Trust." There was a rough patch drafting but now we're clearly back to absolutely dominating the draft.
        I agree 100%. We have a pretty good team right now. What we need are impact players. I don't care who we draft, as long as we take at least one OLB and one OL with our first three picks. In Bill I thrust. I think this draft should be about finding players that fit the Patriot Way more than anything. We have a deep team, but we could improve on top end talent imo.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• As long as we don't give up a ton of picks to do it, fine, but I'm really not enamored with anyone that won't be available at pick 17 for us.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'm wondering if BB is satisfied with BJGE and chooses to wait to draft a running back in the later rounds. With all our vets we certainly need one, but wouldn't be surprised if we grabbed one early on.

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I don't want a RB in the first two rounds personally. BJGE and Woodhead have given us the best production out of the backfield we've seen in years, and they complement each other so well. They are doing it with essentially the same (only older) OL Maroney and others had as well.

Comment

• Woodhead while being in on more then just third down is basically our future faulk/third down back. BJGE fits our system well, doesn't fumble and doesn't get negative yards. I'm just thinking of what our offense would look like with a stud at rb, and I don't think that's Ingram for the record haha.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• No point in taking a runner in the first two rounds, or even three, when we just got a thousand yards out of one guy. We had a top ten rushing attack this year overall too. The pass will always be first in our offense and we're set up to sustain that. Taking a 300+ carry a year back would mostly be a wasted pick because they'll never get said carries. Completely comfortable with Lawfirm and Woodhead going forward, in fact, I would prefer not to screw it up by adding any wrinkles.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Some guys I'd really like us to take in the 3rd round or lower are:

Derrick Locke, Kentucky
                    Kendall Hunter, Oklahoma St.
                    Roy Helu Jr., Nebraska
                    Damien Berry, Miami (Fl.) (UDFA)

I'm fine with having Lawfirm and Woody being the featured backs for us, but we need some depth imo.

I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

• Do we really have the roster space for another scatback? Woodhead is here to stay and Faulk very well could be back as well. That rules out Locke and Hunter right away.

Helu would be nice, but will likely be a third round pick. Runningbacks not named Faulk, Woodhead, or Lawfirm combined for less than 75 carries and that number is only going to go down next year with an established situation. Is a third round pick really worth 50 carries that will mostly be meaningless?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                        In Bill I thrust.
                        Freudian whip? er, slip? lol

Comment

• value dictates all. We spent a pick on a WR we knew would not sniff the field this year. I agree we need one new back next year and he needs to be a project so some extent. BJGE is really the only full time back on the roster next year. I love Woody but a sprain or minor injury to BJGE leaves you with a 5'6" lead back? scarry. If we keep all those picks a 3rd rounder or later for the right back with good all around skills makes sense.

Having said that, the pedigree of our two present backs proves that you can find viable options with late round picks, waiver pickups etc. I don't think you can go to that well too often at the same position. BB seems to buy into that philosophy and rarely goes too long without drafting each position on the team with a premium pick (1st three rounds). the only exception I can think of being QB. The second longest drought for such a pick behind QB? that would be center.

Comment

• ^Very good points.

I'm thinking the same on RB. I love Danny & Ben but we still need depth there even if Morris sticks around. Woodhead's size worries me for durability & longevity and there's just no way we can ever expect him to step into the role filled by BJGE.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              Do we really have the roster space for another scatback? Woodhead is here to stay and Faulk very well could be back as well. That rules out Locke and Hunter right away.
                              I don't think size has anything to do with anything. Both Hunter and Locke are guys I could see as starters in the league down the line. Guys like MJD and Ray Rice have really opened my eyes: Smaller backs can make in in this league.

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                              Freudian whip? er, slip? lol
                              Haha, no.. Not really. It's from PFW In Progress (Patriots webradio) if any of you guys listen to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                                I don't think size has anything to do with anything. Both Hunter and Locke are guys I could see as starters in the league down the line. Guys like MJD and Ray Rice have really opened my eyes: Smaller backs can make in in this league.
                                Size? No. Style of play yes. Besides, it's not that simple. 5'8 212 and 5'7 208 are by no means small. 5'9 190 and 5'8 197 are. MDJ and Rice are rare specimens. Absolute tanks. To see the difference between Locke and Hunter just looks at the legs and the film. We've always known guys like Rice and MJD can make it in this league and that's why they were drafted as high as they were. Rice didn't fall for size either, he fell for questions about his long speed. He came out and ran a blazing 40 time, but his film really did not justify that time and still doesn't. MJD had concerns about production and about carrying the load. Never broke 200 carries in his college career and had issues with injuries. Both were still taken in the second round, which is never a bad result for a runningback.
                                Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-06-2011, 05:40 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information